Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Starting KM training next week, any tips?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    kmcat

Re: Starting KM training next week, any tips?

If they offer good KM Fitness classes work those into your rotation as well.

At the place I go to, everything in the fitness class pretty much ties in with all the self defense class work and you get a great workout. I’ve gotten a whole lot of practice punching and kicking in the KMF classes.

Thanks a lot everyone. I appreciate everyone’s help on this. I am going to start another threat to let everyone know how the first day went and what I thought. Thanks again

vinman

enjoy it…because it aint like any other martial art you’ve ever tried !!!thumbsup

kevin-mack

I have my own place…but Ernie is a good guy and runs a great energetic class.

paragon

$100 a month? Jump on it. I’m paying $112 and that’s with an employer discount.

yea I decided Im definitely starting this week. Where do you go for $112/month?

tchort64

Hello Maestro , I am going to my 2nd class tomorrow and let me tell you it is a heart pounding workout just the warm ups never mind the drills . Good Luck and stick with it .

haha yea im definitely nervous to start, not gonna lie. I am going to my first class tonight with my brother (I’m 22, he’s 25) and were both a bit nervous to see how it goes. I’ll probably post back on here tonight after the class to let everyone know how dead I am haha

Mike,
    Vince Gironda? You ARE old! LOL

Alright guys… so I just got back from my first Krav Maga class…I am dead. After the beginning workout of the class (which only consisted of about 10-15 minutes) I was totally winded.
    We started with lots of little workouts like jumping jacks, pushups, situps, etc. but doing them one after another was pretty tiring. After that we stretched in ways I didnt know were possible (prob need to take the Yoga suggestion) and then eventually moved onto the actual exercises.
    The instructor was a cool guy and he focused on hammer punches (i.e. stabbing) with a partner. We did all sorts of exercises with the hammer punches and then our last exercise we learned how to get out of a frontal choke hold, grab our partner’s wrist, pull them in and elbow them in the face. After we did that same exercise with our eyes closed, the class ended after about an hour and a half…all of this being said…

…I f*cking loved it.

unstpabl1

quote Jeremy Stafford:

Mike,
    Vince Gironda? You ARE old! LOL

I’m fat at almost 50. My waist thinks its suppose to reflect my age like rings on a treerofl2 Restarting this crap now is a bear. I take oxygen after climbing the 4 stairs that lead to the gym. I was going to take up bingo but heard you had to be able to stay awake for a couple of hours w/o running to the bathroom every 2 minutes. No way.

Does krav have potty breaks and handrails to get up after crunches. May be an add on to the KMX program. Kiddie krav would follow Geriatric krav so the kids could help the old folks up as a stregth training evolution:woohoo:

Never figured out why KMAA never tried to scoop me up as a consultant:dunno: Intelligience like mine is never appreciated till years later like great art…Alas:soapbox:

I realized I should have started a new thread for that last comment … sorry. Here is the link to it http://kmforum.kravmaga.com/showthread.php?p=34801#post34801

unstpabl1

Give yourself an active rest day tomorrow. Go for a walk, very lite jog, do yoga or stretch. Your simply looking at a recovery day. Get the blood moving to eliminate the toxins like lactic acid. Eat clean. If you iced down after your ahead of the game. Even 18 y/o old rooks in the NBA are taught to Ice down after

I realize your 22 and probably recover in a heartbeat but give the body a chance to recover and adapt. Your not in a rush.

quote TheMedicineMaestro:

Alright guys… so I just got back from my first Krav Maga class…I am dead. After the beginning workout of the class (which only consisted of about 10-15 minutes) I was totally winded.
    We started with lots of little workouts like jumping jacks, pushups, situps, etc. but doing them one after another was pretty tiring. After that we stretched in ways I didnt know were possible (prob need to take the Yoga suggestion) and then eventually moved onto the actual exercises.
    The instructor was a cool guy and he focused on hammer punches (i.e. stabbing) with a partner. We did all sorts of exercises with the hammer punches and then our last exercise we learned how to get out of a frontal choke hold, grab our partner’s wrist, pull them in and elbow them in the face. After we did that same exercise with our eyes closed, the class ended after about an hour and a half…all of this being said…

…I f*cking loved it.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: