Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Suggestions for helping a knee problem?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    kpalena

Still tennative. The MRI is on the 10th. I may not need surgery. I hope not. In all reality, if the doctor recomends surgery, I will wait until after ski season and near the end of the school year. It is hard to teach in a cast. I, and several other sports doctors think it is a torn meniscus. I WILL need surgery, it is just a matter of when. It has been 10 years since the origional trauma, I may be fine for several more years.

kravjeff

Don’t rush into anything kpalena ! 😉

kpalena

Is that sarcasm I am sensing?? 😆

My thought was that if I can operate at 90% for 10 years, why risk surgery and the potantial of making it worse? Pain is mostly in your head, This is more of a check-up to make sure things hsve not gotten bad enough to cause perminant and serious damage where I will have to have the whole thing replaced. If I can keep on strentghining the knee and avoid the knife, that is what I am going to do.

kravjeff

Me? Sarcastic? Never … 😆

I hear ya – I work in medicine so I suppose I have a different philosophy about receiving treatment … Better (in my mind) to get it over with than to risk further or additional injury.

Good luck!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: