Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    unstpabl1

Re: Test time length

quote BradM:

Yeah, right Mike — I wish. I was about 63 or 64 at the time. I sometimes still feel the pain from trying to act like a 20 year old.

Think about how many 63 y/o just let themselves go and stop playing anything but gin. I got more respect for you than the 20 y/o athlete. In fact its the grinders of all ages, who probably get the most outta krav and stick the longest. In fact one of my fears with krav is how do I ever get thru the tests in the coming years, then I read about you and the 71 y/o guy in San Antonio and I go F–king A:woohoo:

Love these kind of stories – hope for the KM grey hair contingent..

As for the 5 minute level test? That ain’t right…
    The instructor would be unfair the students with that IMO.

bradm

Thanks for the kind words Mike. I was going to go to a 4-hour Krav Maga seminar today, but I’m recovering from a cold and didn’t want to push it. Bummed about it too.

kylestyle913

We went to a 6 hours knife seminar in Chicago taught by Darren levine. Awesome seminar and down to earth guy, but didn’t get back to kc till 3 ish in the am.(like 5hrs ago). He even signed my “seasoned copy” of the complete krav book. Everyone else had nice brand new copies, mine had gotten some use at the gym and by all the people I let borrow it.

unstpabl1

quote BradM:

Thanks for the kind words Mike. I was going to go to a 4-hour Krav Maga seminar today, but I’m recovering from a cold and didn’t want to push it. Bummed about it too.

Hope your feeling better

ewillmore

I was wondering about the same thing: others’ experiences with testing. I just completed my Level 1 test today. 5 hour review, 40 min break (was supposed to be 20) and 1.75 hour test. I am wiped out and can only imagine how sore I am going to be in the next day or two. The bruises are just starting to come out.

kirsten

I think it varies at each school. I don’t do reviews on test day, that is what classes are for IMO. But some schools do, and that can add 2-4 hours to the test or more depending on the level of the material.

Treat yourself to a massage, sounds like you earned it!

jrodf4

Mine was about 6hrs….. Super fatiguing but I felt good after the test. A feeling of accomplishment…. I would love to take the next test but I havent had time to go to class as often as I want do to work. I train at home 2-3 times a week to the best of my ability..

munki1

quote Kirsten:

I think it varies at each school. I don’t do reviews on test day, that is what classes are for IMO. But some schools do, and that can add 2-4 hours to the test or more depending on the level of the material.

Treat yourself to a massage, sounds like you earned it!

I see. Basically we talk about whats on the test after he things we are ready. Then schedule a day to do it.

We have a normal scheduled class then test.

There is no review other than, “here’s what your going to do at each station” just before the test.

One thing I can’t argue with; we are learning the material (we practice a little outside of class, too) and are far more fit than we were. The mindset/scenario issues we cover in class are excellent.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: