Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics The \"invite your gunman to dinner\" defense

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    giant-killer

Yes, it was fun, didn’t win though, in fact I lost big, one whole dollar, then I quit. I guess I’m more into the swimming pools and restaurants. I like roulette, but 10$ minimum bet, don’t know, I’m wrong four times and there goes lunch… 🙂

I’m not sure about the dinner invite either, maybe just use it as a distraction, but these folks apparently didn’t know any self-defense moves and didn’t have much of an option. Great improvisation on their part. Fighting aggression with \”love\”. However strange a story it is, it worked and that’s the important thing.

dps

Kravjeff,
    As per gambling…
    What techniques do you know that are not subject to an element of chance?

I was just saying that in that particular instance they all seemed to come out of the event unscathed, so they must have chosen well.

Again I am not advocating for universal application of this type of thing.
    I carry a gun everyday. I just think that there might be babies in this bathwater.
    Maybe not human babies, but even alien or mutant babies might be worth not discarding outright.
    You know… research ‘n stuff. 😉

kravjeff

Re:

quote \”dps\:

Kravjeff,
    As per gambling…
    What techniques do you know that are not subject to an element of chance?

I was just saying that in that particular instance they all seemed to come out of the event unscathed, so they must have chosen well.

Again I am not advocating for universal application of this type of thing.
    I carry a gun everyday. I just think that there might be babies in this bathwater.
    Maybe not human babies, but even alien or mutant babies might be worth not discarding outright.
    You know… research ‘n stuff. 😉

Sorry – Haven’t been around for a while …

I suppose that techniques being subject to the element of chance depends on your perspective, both emotionally / intilectually and tactically. The element of surprise, at least in my mind, are far mor important than the element of chance. It’s fantastic that this worked out for them – I just can’t imagine that it wouldn’t happen this way in my home. If I even thought for a second about going down this road, I’d have broken a wine bottle over his head (or something similar) while offer to refill his glass. We too would have come out of the incident unscathed, and I doubt I’d have lost a second of sleep living with the fact that the \”perp\” wasn’t so lucky. After all, HE JUST BROKE INTO MY HOUSE AND POINTED A GUN AT MY KID!!!! There’s just to much danger, and principal involved with someone forcibly entering my home and threatening my family, for me to try to love him through the incident.

Look, I’m no tough guy – I carry too and certainly don’t consider myself \”trigger happy.\” In fact, Part on my desire to learn KM was to avoid having to shoot; utilizing my firearm as a last resort or against deadly force only. There are just certain boundaries that CAN NOT be crossed. One primary boundary for me, is my home. This is the one place of refuge where I should be able to expect absolute safety for my family. I don’t have statistics, but I can guarantee that there are more situations that begin this way and end violently than those which end peacefully over a fine meal. That’s a gamble I’m just not willing to take.

giant-killer

Yeah, but you are a Christian. Aren’t you supposed to love him, even if he breaks into your house and points a gun at your kid? 😉 😆

kravjeff

No

kravjeff

No – though your sarcasm is noted 😉

love him maybe. allow him to do it unscathed? no … The whole \”turn the other cheek\” thing is taken so out of context. Why do you suppose that Jesus armed his men with swords?

Luke 22:36He said to them, \”But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.\” In context (not represented here) I believe that this applies specifically to self defense.

And how about the Old Testament:

Exodus 22:2-3. \”If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed; but if it happens after sunrise, he is guilty of bloodshed. A thief must certainly make restitution, but if he has nothing, he must be sold to pay for his theft.î

I believe strongly that the Bible not only allows for self defense (and the defnense of those unable to defned themselves), but encourages it.

Interesting article:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=25442

giant-killer

So you can’t kill an intruder after sunrise? That means if the gunman had come in for breakfast instead of dinner, you would have been obligated to treat him? 🙂

kravjeff

Smart-a$$ … I’m not biting this time 😆

😉

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: