Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics The wisdom of carrying too many knives

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    giant-killer

Re: The wisdom of carrying too many knives

Does anyone know what the law in California is? Can I carry one concealed knife of any length or shape but not more, or, as in NE, several as long as they have a shorter blade? What about utility knives? If I carried two or three Swiss Army knives, would that be okay? Of course, those would be hard to deploy if suddenly attacked. While you’re fiddling with them trying to get them open, your opponent might take the opportunity to turn you into some kind of human sieve with blood spurting through the open holes…

cmetalman

I would be nervous carrying any weapons and being stopped by a police officer either driving or walking , even if your intentions are good, they don’t know you. could turn into just another “suicide by cop” ,IMHO

unstpabl1

quote cmetalman:

I would be nervous carrying any weapons and being stopped by a police officer either driving or walking , even if your intentions are good, they don’t know you. could turn into just another “suicide by cop” ,IMHO

Why? did you pull one on the cop? Threaten him with one? Or are cops just naturally looking to shoot you? Or did you hear the one about how cops paint small body silohuettes on their squad cars like WWII aces:dunno:

cmetalman

unstpabl1, figure there are a$$wholes that have no problem shooting at cops, just had one officer killed in philly a couple of months ago walking into a dunkin donut shop,and couple of other shootings at cops, just think that having a weapon on you makes you a dangerous civilian in the eyes of the cop, an innocent car stop can get volatile when there are guns involved.

unstpabl1

quote cmetalman:

unstpabl1, figure there are a$$wholes that have no problem shooting at cops, just had one officer killed in philly a couple of months ago walking into a dunkin donut shop,and couple of other shootings at cops, just think that having a weapon on you makes you a dangerous civilian in the eyes of the cop, an innocent car stop can get volatile when there are guns involved.

Having a weapon on you makes you dangerous to anyone you attempt to use it on. The weapon itself is just a tool.The fact that you have 10 knives on you or 3 makes me think you have a mental problem at the very least your paranoid. Or your a meat cutter:dunno: Which will make anyone civilian or otherwise suspicious.

But I don’t think many cops are gonna shoot you because they searched you and decided you were one knife or even nine over the limit. Pull it on them and advancing at them is a different story. Its the term suicide by cop and what it implies that I’m taking issue with. Not the fact that you might get searched at gunpoint because of it.

cmetalman

unstpabl1, I do apologise for the term ” suicide by cop” that wasn’t where I was going with my point. again didn’t mean to offend anyone.

unstpabl1

quote cmetalman:

unstpabl1, I do apologise for the term ” suicide by cop” that wasn’t where I was going with my point. again didn’t mean to offend anyone.

No problem. I’m not one, but there are a lot of cops on this forum. Which is great if your in trouble, but really bad if your speeding:razz:

bradm

quote cmetalman:

You guys talking about carrying knives and guns, I’ve never held a gun in my life and only knives I own are next to the forkes and spoons. Am I the norm or am I missing something?

I don’t think you are missing anything. I have never owned a gun other than a B-B gun. My only experience with guns is training while in the military. I don’t carry a knife either. I have a Air Force survival knife in the side pocket in truck door. It’s main purpose is to cut rope, tarp, etc. when I’m carrying something in the bed.

unstpabl1

quote BradM:

I don’t think you are missing anything. I have never owned a gun other than a B-B gun. My only experience with guns is training while in the military. I don’t carry a knife either. I have a Air Force survival knife in the side pocket in truck door. It’s main purpose is to cut rope, tarp, etc. when I’m carrying something in the bed.

Carrying a survival knife in your truck on a regular basis to cut ropes and tarps sounds like all those are tools a serial killer needs. You trying to hide something Brad? :cool::D:

820usafsf

So no CCWers on this Forum? I leave my house in condition yellow with my CCW a bug, and a folder.

mara-jade

quote 820usafsf:

So no CCWers on this Forum? I leave my house in condition yellow with my CCW a bug, and a folder.

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum:wav:

I must be missing something since I’m sick today – what’s CCW?

unstpabl1

quote mara_jade:

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum:wav:

I must be missing something since I’m sick today – what’s CCW?

CCW= Concealed Carry Weapons Permit

Hope you feel better soon. You know what I do when I get a cold or the flu. I try to give it to someone else ASAP. It goes away faster that way. If worse comes to worse misery loves company

bradm

quote unstpabl1:

Carrying a survival knife in your truck on a regular basis to cut ropes and tarps sounds like all those are tools a serial killer needs. You trying to hide something Brad? :cool::D:

I got a laugh out of that one. I’m not trying to hde anything, but on a serious note, what you said is very true regarding the tools of a serial killer or a rapist. Many years ago, my ex-wife’s best friend was abducted and raped just a coupe days before our wedding. The friend was my ex’s bridesmaid. Her car had stalled out on the freeway and she made the grave mistake of trusting a guy who stopped to “help”. To make a long story short, after he was finished with her he headed for an off ramp and stopped at a stop sign. She knew he was going to kill her, so she managed to jump out of the car and started running and screaming. A couple big guys from a loading dock started running to help and the rapist drove off.

The point I’m leading up to is when she discribed the guy she mentioned he had his “little rape kit” in the side pocket of his truck — a knife, rope, and a cloth to gag her with.

I did enjoy the humor intended in your post.

mara-jade

quote unstpabl1:

CCW= Concealed Carry Weapons Permit

Hope you feel better soon. You know what I do when I get a cold or the flu. I try to give it to someone else ASAP. It goes away faster that way. If worse comes to worse misery loves company

OOOH, I’m used to CHL-Concealed Handgun Licensethumbsup

Thanks, wish it was a cold. I got food poisoning so haven’t trained since last Wednesday. Royally sucks let me tell you. I’ve been wanting to lose some pounds but this ISN”T what I had in mind:wav:

resqr1

820usafsf,

Amen, brother!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: