Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics The wisdom of carrying too many knives

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    unstpabl1

Re: The wisdom of carrying too many knives

quote BradM:

I got a laugh out of that one.

The point I’m leading up to is when she discribed the guy she mentioned he had his “little rape kit” in the side pocket of his truck — a knife, rope, and a cloth to gag her with.

I did enjoy the humor intended in your post.

Sure try to make me feel bad;): All comedy is based on truth…just twisted. Thats why people who are all pc get their undies in a bunch, they can’t laugh at themselves. Though from a SD standpoint its a good reminder that evil exists and makes plans

unstpabl1

quote mara_jade:

OOOH, I’m used to CHL-Concealed Handgun Licensethumbsup

Thanks, wish it was a cold. I got food poisoning so haven’t trained since last Wednesday. Royally sucks let me tell you. I’ve been wanting to lose some pounds but this ISN”T what I had in mind:wav:

I think the giving it to someone else rule applies to food poisoning as well. I’m pretty sure I threw up on a friend from it one time and I felt much better. While he seemed to get pretty ill afterthumbsup:OhMy:

Stay hydrated. A friend just got it and ended up in the hospital for 4 days. Mostly cause she was dehydrated. Hope you feel better

820usafsf

Hey Thanks for the welcome!!! As posted earlier CCW=Concealed Carry Weapon. CHL CFL CFP all the same thing just different states.

Stay Safe!

mara-jade

quote 820usafsf:

Hey Thanks for the welcome!!! As posted earlier CCW=Concealed Carry Weapon. CHL CFL CFP all the same thing just different states.

Stay Safe!

No problem – thanks and don’t be a stranger:wav:

cav

If you’re not trained on using the knife aren’t the odds high of you losing it and getting it used on you?

It would be interesting if there was someplace on the web that listed the weapons carry laws for each state.

Do you still need to take a class before getting pepper spray in CA, I’d like to get my wife something.

unstpabl1

[quote=cav;29465]If you’re not trained on using the knife aren’t the odds high of you losing it and getting it used on you?

quote]

No. :abx:

kravmdjeff

I’m surprised there’s a lot less mentioned about the type of knife carried. I forget where it was (I’ll be able to look it up), but there was one case in which a person *defended* themselves with a knife, but the knife was one of those “slicer/dicer 2000 with extra carnage protection and blood guard, etc. etc” type ones…hence, it was marketed for it’s ability to kill another human efficiently. The guy was eventually convicted of murder. One of the rationales in it was that, when buying the knife, it was clear the person had on some level considered that he was buying it to kill another person.

In other words, it may actually be helpful to carry a smaller, less “tactical” knife as opposed to the military knock-offs that are geared more toward their functionality in combat.

quote KravMDjeff:

I’m surprised there’s a lot less mentioned about the type of knife carried. I forget where it was (I’ll be able to look it up), but there was one case in which a person *defended* themselves with a knife, but the knife was one of those “slicer/dicer 2000 with extra carnage protection and blood guard, etc. etc” type ones…hence, it was marketed for it’s ability to kill another human efficiently. The guy was eventually convicted of murder. One of the rationales in it was that, when buying the knife, it was clear the person had on some level considered that he was buying it to kill another person.

In other words, it may actually be helpful to carry a smaller, less “tactical” knife as opposed to the military knock-offs that are geared more toward their functionality in combat.

Additionaly, with few exceptions, most of the “Rambo knives” are poorly made and have no advantage over more subtle blades. I can’t remember how many privates I’ve seen with their hearts broken after the blade of their $50 StabKing Special Forces Super Knife Tactical 2000 snapped when they were trying to throw it at a tree. :rolleyes:

rq

I carry around a kershaw, just one knife. All I need.

I did have a few guys from the old day, older retired SF guys that did contract work with us still. Couple of the guys were just nuts, I think I counted 10 knives on this one cat. I would just laugh, but hey, whatever makes you feel comfortable.

giant-killer

What about carrying a pocket knife? It would probably be legal enough, but then again it’s small and would be hard to employ during an altercation. Still, if you have an opportunity to pull it out, it may be better than nothing.

unstpabl1

quote Giant Killer:

What about carrying a pocket knife? It would probably be legal enough, but then again it’s small and would be hard to employ during an altercation. Still, if you have an opportunity to pull it out, it may be better than nothing.

A buddy of mines cousin lives in Puerto Rico. He was being hassled by 2 guys because of a girl he was seeing. He’s white. As he was trying to ignore them, he walked past a 3rd guy, who was just shooting up herion. Turned out to be the bad ass buddy of the other 2 guys and he wasn’t going to let the white guy go and rat him outor whatever. The three tried to lure to throw him off a 30 foot drop. When the fight broke out 3 on 1 all the cuz had was a cheap pocket knife. He stabbed the bad ass about 18 times till it had any effect. The blade broke off the knife. The attacker lived. Self defense and the attacker was wanted for a prior murder.

There is a saying I heard once any tool will do, if you will do. Hopefully none of us ever has to find out. But having a plan seems like a good idea. Like having a flashlight or knowing where fire extiguishers are. Or being fit enough to run from trouble or to help someone. God knows I’m at my fighting weight…I’m too fat to run:woohoo: But the realization is this kind of stuff is part of self reliance. I just read a statistic,couldn’t verify the source, but LAPD’s response time is 6 minutes. LASO is 5 minutes. Maybe thats another thread, what should be in our emergency kits, on our person, in our home, in our car?

giant-killer

I think training with improvised weapons is a great idea. How to use a bag or an umbrella or whatever it is you may be carrying around anyway. Or how to quickly spot things in the environment you may be able to pick up, such as rocks, a trash can etc. Any weapon is better than nothing and in 5 minutes I’ll be dead, so I better use whatever I’ve got NOW.

cmetalman

When I’m carring my morning coffee at work, I keep in mind that I’m holding a pretty good weapon “better served HOT”. followed up with counters or run to fight another day.

giant-killer

But I guess they don’t keep the coffee as hot anymore, after that McDonald’s lawsuit a few years back (old lady got 2 million for spilling hot coffee in her lap). But still, it may work, at least to distract the guy, then smack him with the briefcase. thumbsup

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: