Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics These officers need Krav Badly!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    psyops
    sean-akrav

Haha I would say they also need to know when to just shoot people.

prekarious1

That second video was one of the training videos we used for base security. Long story behind that one, don’t remember it all though.

dv8njoe

umm Instead of shooting him in the gut, he was big and had weight, why not shoot him in the knee?

prekarious1

cop didn’t know if the guy was on pcp or anything like that. Given the right drugs an attacker might not fall from being shot almost anywhere. There have been reports of attackers on pcp being shot in the chest 7 and 8 times without falling.
    If this was the case this time then shooting him in the knee would do nothing more than simply piss him off more until the drugs wore off. Self preservation is always allowed!

blindfold

Actually if they would have shot the pelvic area and destroyed the structure of his body. He would have gone down, no problem at all.

dps

Pelvic girdle shots can be iffy with a handgun.
    Big bones vs relatively low velocity.
    And if I remember correctly the glock went out of battery (I have heard that the firing pin may have broken too) early on in the struggle.
    this is a pretty scary scenario.

prekarious1

This is a moment where you start breaking joints low and work your way up. First the ankles so that he can’t support weight unless on drugs. If attacker keeps coming and you can’t get away then you go for knees, etc etc…

sean-akrav

Pretty sure cops shoot to kill not to stun.

prekarious1

Cops shoot to end the situation. Not to kill. Might not sound like a huge difference but in court it comes up and if the cop says he shot to kill, usually gonna be ruled a bad shooting.

blindfold

In the first video the cop has an assault rifle and just stands there looking to get stabbed.

sean-akrav

Re:

quote \”prekarious1\:

Cops shoot to end the situation. Not to kill. Might not sound like a huge difference but in court it comes up and if the cop says he shot to kill, usually gonna be ruled a bad shooting.

Ah ok so I was like 50% right haha.

anonymous

Didn’t see the video, somebody put it on youtube!

That said, if a cop were to shoot at the ankles first, isn’t it likely (or possible at least) that he would miss, enabling the attacker to keep coming forward? It just seems like a small target to hit with a handgun unless you are a really good shooter. Same for the knee. It may be easier to aim right for the head, if you would want to avoid the midsection for fear it wouldn’t stop the attacker.

I remember there was one thread on this forum where somebody posted several links to articles about gunshot wounds. In one of them it was stated that even if a person were to be fatally shot in the heart, he would still have enough blood in his body to continue going for several seconds and potentially finish his attack. This surprised me, because I would have thought that a shot to the heart would drop him immediately. But it seems as if the only sure shot that would stop a person would be a well-placed round to the head that penetrates the brain.

anonymous

I’m also wondering what it would feel like to get shot. Let’s say you are hit in the midsection by a bullet, but no vital organs are hit. Would this feel like a punch? Or a stab? How painful would it be? If the person who was hit wasn’t on drugs, would it be likely that the pain would stop him from moving forward, or do the effects of a gunshot wound differ greatly from person to person?

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

I’m also wondering what it would feel like to get shot.

Ok. now you you just took over the number 1 spot of Unstpabl1’s psycho serial killer friends 😈 Unfortunately,your starting to scare the rest of us. 😯 😆 You’ll notice kravjeff has been hiding 👿

I also couldn’t view the clips.P1 is there anyway to youtube them?
    mike

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: