Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics These officers need Krav Badly!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    sean-akrav

I’m going out on a limb here but I would imagine it hurts pretty bad to get shot.

However might be easier to keep moving if you weigh 260lbs after getting shot with say a 9mm in the gut as apposed to someone weighing in at 175lbs.

I bet it still hurts the same though.

prekarious1

unstpabl1> Wasn’t my link and I am about computer illiterare so wouldn’t know how to youtube them. Hopfully someone else does and is willing to set a link up.

As far as getting shot, have heard many stories from many poeple. Depends on persons overall pain tolerance, size of round, distance and a couple other things. I have been hit by a .22 at about 200 yds out of a short barrelled rifle, still have a permanent dent in my left shin because of it. Hurt like hell but wasn’t enough to stop me from becoming very irate and wanting to shoot back. Good thing my brother was right by me and knew that our friend had simply made a mistake. Brother took care of that issue for me.
    If you get hit there is no real way to prepare for it, just train your body to react to pain and surprise the way that you think you want to and hope you never have to seriously test it. Just my .02 cents

unstpabl1

Re:

[quote=\”prekarious1\”]unstpabl1> Wasn’t my link and I am about computer illiterare so wouldn’t know how to youtube them. Hopfully someone else does and is willing to set a link up.

P1,sorry. I thought it was yours after reading your post about using it for base security. Youtube would be great if someone knows how to do it. Hey aren’t you on your way to Kali yet? Seems like a long time. Hope your doing well
    mike

prekarious1

military played one last practical joke on me so I am stuck in Fl for about another week. Then on way

anonymous

I said I was WONDERING what it feels like to get shot, not that I’d want someone to shoot me, just so that I can find out for real. Although, if I ever do want to find out for real, I’m sure there’d be plenty of guys on the forum who’d happily assist me in that effort… 8)

Getting shot in the shin, OOUCH. I got kicked really hard in the shin once and it made me drop to the floor instantly, can’t imagine what it must be like to get shot there. Or maybe it’s less painful, because the nerves are being severed by the gunshot?

So, prekarious, when you are coming to California, will you be checking out the NTC?

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”prekarious1\:

military played one last practical joke on me so I am stuck in Fl for about another week. Then on way

Guess thats better than other places they could have sent you for a week. 🙄 Good luck

anonymous

I’m pretty sure this is the youtube link to one of the fights (boxer beats cop):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX1Oer2EGu8

That one’s pretty amazing. The guy does not only get shot, but also pepper sprayed and hit with a gun right in the face and doesn’t even flinch. It’s also interesting to note that even though he is a boxer, he doesn’t use much boxing at all, mostly grabbing and shoving and then some punches. If he had known more about ground fighting, he could have easily mounted the cop and stayed on him, continuously throwing punches. The cop was lucky that he didn’t and that he was able to get away.

prekarious1

GK> I should be there within 2 weeks. Gonna be a long ride on a motorcycle from florida. Am interested in checking out the NTC but not sure how finances are gonna be when I first get there so might have to wait on that for a short bit.

The good thing about the shins is that mine have minimal feeling thanks to Muay Thai. Still hurt enough to drop me momentarily though. I’m just glad my brother was there to keep my hot head outta jail that day. Would of been really bad.

anonymous

Now that proves what I said about anger being able to give you extra energy. You just got shot in the shin, but still you needed your brother to keep you from beating up the guy who shot you. Must have been the adrenaline talking…

Yes, check out the NTC. They might let you try out a class for free (not sure, you would have to ask). Have a safe trip!

unstpabl1

P1, I’m confused are you moving to L.A. or BAkersfield? Have you been accepted to the academy and can you get me outta a speeding ticket yet 😀 The cross country motorcycle trip sounds like fun. I’m assuming your going thru the south, What kind of bike are you doing this on?
    mike

bpenn

First, hello, just started training at ntc and enjoying it very much! Coming in with some boxing experience, but I’m really enjoying the variety offered and the very organized setting

Incredible videos.

The first just screams chaos right from the start. Not law enforcement or military, but it would make sense to have him at gun point the entire time just in case, say, he charges two cops and stabs them….

Couple thoughts on the second video. Regardless of where a shot would be most effective, the officer is on the ground wrestling this guy with his gun drawn…so many things wrong here.

Did anyone find out if this guy was on any narcotics?

GiantKiller brought up a great point. It takes about 10-15 seconds for someone to be rendered unconcious from blood loss with a bullet hit to a major blood vessel or organ like the heart, liver or major arteries (starving the brain of oxygen). Instant incapacitation is only achieved through disruption of the central nervous system. Severing the spine above the shoulder blades or a cranial shot.

As far the \”feeling\” of getting shot, I agree with prekarious1. If no major blood vessels have been injured and your cns is a-ok, but its probably a very individual experience that varies widely depending on a whole array of variables including ballistics and personal training/pain tolerance/mind-set…. I’ve never been shot thank god [knocking on wood like crazy]

Brad

prekarious1

sorry, double post

prekarious1

GK> brother didn’t stop me from beating the guy up, stopped me from shooting him. Must worse scenario

unstpabl1> Moving to Bakersfield for now. That is where family is, but if I can find a good place to train then I have no problem with a 2 hour commute for the right place. Atleast 2 or 3 times a week at most anyhow.
    Still working everything out for the academy but its looking very good right now. Should be starting Mar. 3rd and will be there for 6 months until completion.
    As for the motorcycle ride across country, will be on a Suzuki Hayabusa with a not close to stock engine. Should be an interesting time as long as I don’t get any tickets.

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”prekarious1\:

GK>
    unstpabl1> completion.
    As for the motorcycle ride across country, will be on a Suzuki Hayabusa with a not close to stock engine. Should be an interesting time as long as I don’t get any tickets.

That means if you leave Fla. at 7 am,you’ll be in Bakersfield by 8:30 am. Those bike are so damn fast. Gotta love em’. I’ve only ridden superbikes a few times around the hood (friends). Are they comfortable on the long haul. Fwiw: I worked the other day,spent the day in the passenger seat of a new Vette speeding away from the curb. 1st car in a long time where you can feel the g’s pushing you into the seat. Awesome car. I’m pulling for you with the CHP which is why i been checking in with you from time to time.

If you go workout at the NTC watch out for GK, she’s one of my psycho serial killer internet friends, but GK wants to get shot to see how it feels 😯 KInda scares me even 😆 Also GK saysdrinking beer and eating pizza isn’t good for krav. What kinda attitude is that! Pizza and beer is the perfect food,hits all the food groups and besides most fights are alcohol related. I call that scenario training. Forget the Gatorade,beer and shot breaks would make krav more realistic..Have a great ride back home and let us know how your doing as i consider you one of my Pcycho internet buddies as well.
    mike

anonymous

Yeah, man, realism in training it’s called. Always use real weapons. Pepper spray yourself, shoot yourself, stab yourself, hell, even hit yourself. Another thing I’ve considered doing is jump off a building, just in case someone ever pushes me down a roof or something. Always be prepared! 😀

Now, I suppose you’re right, some beer can help the training along. Would be cool to all meet at the NTC and get really drunk one day, then work on Krav defenses, just to see what it feels like to fight impaired. We have these \”drunk goggles\” we use sometimes, which are supposed to simulate what your vision is like when you are really drunk, but whenever I put them on I can say with confidence that I’ve definitely never been THAT drunk. They pretty much distort everything and personally, they give me double vision, so suddenly there are two guns and I have to guess which one is the real one. Or two attackers and I have to guess which one is real. If you happen to see three attackers by the way, as a street fighter friend once told me, always go for the one in the middle. Word to the wise I suppose.

prekarious,

Sounds like Bakersfield would be a bit far to travel to the NTC. Sherman Oaks may be closer, but only by a bit. But if you are willing to ride all the way from Florida on a motorcycle, a 2 hour trip to the gym may not sound so bad, and you can stay for a whole bunch of classes to make it worth your while.

SHOOT the guy??? 😯 Wow. Guess you really owe your brother for that one. But that leaves the question of what the two of you were doing out there with guns drawn in the first place?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: