Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics This article is not at all biased (rolling my eyes)

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    f-factory

Re: This article is not at all biased (rolling my eyes)

Hi,

quote morkravi:

at wingate, when we do our krav maga instructor course, the very first day we do a physical fitness test called baror to make sure all the instrucotrs are at a high level of fitness, then the rest of the day is in the class room, and the first lesson is about the history of imis life, how he created krav maga, how he brout it to israel, how it became the oficial system for the idf.

that corresponds with something a journalist and fellow Krav Maga instructor (IKMF) from Germany told me. He was in Israel on the 5th anniversary of Imi’s passing away. The Wingate Institute held a large ceremony (both the military and civilian branch) in memory of Imi’s life and achievements and there was no doubt raised that Imi was the driving force behind developing the hand-to-hand combat system of the IDF, Krav Maga. As “proof” of the success story of Krav Maga in the world and the legacy of Imi, my instructor colleague was brought forward. The fact that he was German, raised an eyebrow or two, but no bad sentiment. The ceremony was attending by a lot of top military brass and one of the speakers was Eyal Yanilov who held a laudatory speech on Imi’s life.

quote morkravi:

there is not any single lesson about kapap, or any of the men in this article, or that krav maga slowly started to be created and only around the 1958 started existing, and of course no any any mention of krav magas cofonder moni aizik!

The thing that irritates me most, are the people that try to trivialise the term Krav Maga, claiming it is an ecclectic term for every Israeli Martial arts and just stands for “Self-Defence/Close Combat”.
    They ommit the fact that Krav Maga is THE system of the IDF and the role Imi played in creating it. The two names already mentioned are prime examples of such people, but there are others that appear to do so purely to promote their egoistic motives.
    I can’t take them seriously, regardless of how proficient they are as martial artists.

Greetings from Germany,
    John.

dstamos

Hi All,

I would love to have a perfect, historically accurate view of krav maga, but it is very difficult to come by. Feel free to edit Noah’s article if you can make it historically more accurate and you have the references to do so. I spent most of my waking hours last summer talking with Donovan Britt and Nir Maman (who has since had to make public apologies for his slander of other Israeli martial arts instructors) and I was asked by Don Britt, and others on the World Wide Board, to remove Darren Levine from the interview and when the Canadian trademark law suite was dropped, I removed his name and individual information from the interview as a courtesy. USADOJO.COM took a very firm stand against the trademarking of the term krav maga as the term was not allowed to be trademarked in Israel and we supported Israel’s legal decision.

I agree we all just want to train, but Darren Levine and Krav Maga WorldWide started the problems by ignoring Israel’s legal decision about the trademarking of the term krav maga and attempted to trademark the name in other parts of the world.

I think facts are important to all of us so lets try to work together to get the facts and then lets train our hearts out!!!

Yours in the Arts
    Dana Stamos
    USADOJO.COM
    FightCon.com

kirsten

quote dstamos:

Hi All,

I would love to have a perfect, historically accurate view of krav maga, but it is very difficult to come by. Feel free to edit Noah’s article if you can make it historically more accurate and you have the references to do so. I spent most of my waking hours last summer talking with Donovan Britt and Nir Maman (who has since had to make public apologies for his slander of other Israeli martial arts instructors) and I was asked by Don Britt, and others on the World Wide Board, to remove Darren Levine from the interview and when the Canadian trademark law suite was dropped, I removed his name and individual information from the interview as a courtesy. USADOJO.COM took a very firm stand against the trademarking of the term krav maga as the term was not allowed to be trademarked in Israel and we supported Israel’s legal decision.

I agree we all just want to train, but Darren Levine and Krav Maga WorldWide started the problems by ignoring Israel’s legal decision about the trademarking of the term krav maga and attempted to trademark the name in other parts of the world.

I think facts are important to all of us so lets try to work together to get the facts and then lets train our hearts out!!!

Yours in the Arts
    Dana Stamos
    USADOJO.COM
    FightCon.com

You are who again?

kirsten

Oh I see… you designed the websites for Ari and a TON of kapap schools. I am sure you will understand when I say that I wouldn’t believe anything you told me, as your own finacial security relies on the “validity” of what your customers are selling.

simon

Am I to understand that DStamos works/owns USADOJO website, the place that is responsible for posting the fabricated article about Darren Levine, responsible for propagating the fabrications about Moni Aizik and CKM, for questioning Nir Mamans credibility, the guy who received the highest award given in the Israeli military for his SERVICE as an instructor.

The admin has already warned me about making personal attacks but you are a piece of work. Talk about credibility, questionable ethics and lack of personal integrity.

You should have stayed in your safe little bubble.

admin-d45
    Keymaster

Simon – we discussed this, please allow Dana a neutral arena to post her feelings on the subject. I would hate to have to close this thread.

Thank you

kirsten

I guess I am not as familiar with all the “who is who”, but I do know is that the dojo sight acts as though it is a fair and impartial organization. That is where I take issue, no to mention the slander and personal attacks against Darren. If you have a financial stake, then fine- disclose it but don’t act as though you are an impartial organization. I know where Krav Maga came from, I have seen Darren and Eyal interact with my own eyes. I know the real history about Krav Maga. The problem lies with dojo.com not being able to obviously accept the true history because it discredits what they want to believe.

You say lets train, do you train in Krav Maga and if so, who is your instructor? Darren is mine, as is Michael Margolin, Jon Pascal, Wade Allen, John Whitman, Sam Sade and many others. I do have a stake in Krav Maga, I am a licenseed location and I gladly contributed to the lawsuits to keep Krav Maga from turning into another Taekwondo, Tangsodo, or Karate- what a shame we couldn’t have prevented what is already happening, the fracture of the system.

I have never stopped training in Krav Maga, and will continue to grow Krav Maga and not undermine it by trying to slander the very person who has done so much for it. I would only ask, “What have you done to grow and promote Krav Maga, to save lives by ensuring those that want to train get quality Krav Maga?” Because here, that is all that really matters to us.

simon

Admin – sorry, wont happen again

Kirsten – well said

Psyops opinion should be interesting. 🙂

morkravi

Miss stamos maybe you can point out to the forum exactly what public apologies Nir had to make and where exactly he made those apologies???

y

psyops

Welcome Dana,

We have not spoken in a while. When last we spoke you agreed to remove the bogus interview from your website. You chose to simply remove Darren’s name from the interview and insert KMWW. The other side of the agreement was that Avi Nardia’s name would not be linked to the discussions regarding Moni Aizik. To my knowledge that has remained intact.

You and I had several discussions regarding this lawsuit issue. It is clear that your association with Avi Nardia and Moni Aizik is what brings you into the fight. So be it. We have been through this before so I will give the new readers a condensed version. Your beef with KMWW and Darren, while understandable, is misguided. You have allowed yourself and your website to be used as a pawn. Moni Aizik has repeatedly lied about his past, the history of CKM, his military record, who he has trained with and many other key factors that he has manipulated in order to sell his system.

Dana you have admitted during our conversations that you know Moni “got creative” in describing his past. Yet you keep this guy on your advisors board? You also told me during a phone call that Nir Maman’s credibility was “suspect” because you couldn’t verify that he was what he claimed to be. Nir Maman is a friend of mine so I must be upfront about my loyalty and respect for him. However that aside the man is a soldier and a warrior. He happens to be one of Israel’s most respected Krav Maga instructors and one of the most sought after instructors on the planet. The fact that your organization would willingly align itself with the likes of a liar like Moni Aizik, yet question the integrity of Nir Maman is laughable. Nir has not apologized. Once again you are twisting the facts. Avi complained to the IDF that Nir was speaking as a representative of the IDF when he publicly questioned Avi’s track record and claims regarding his history as an instructor. Avi did not state that Nir lied. He only questioned why a member of the IDF would publicly lambaste him. Again Dana. We are more informed than you realize.

Nir and I have spoken very recently. He has one agenda. Promoting Krav Maga, the system not the lies about its generic usage. Krav Maga as it is presented to the IDF and the Krav Maga of Imi! Not the pretenders and liars out there who wish to dishonor Imi and make a name for themselves off the backs of Darren, Eyal, and the others who are teaching legit Krav Maga.

By the way…. Stay tuned folks very, very, soon a Krav Maga event unlike the world has ever seen will happen. I remember when I suggested that this would happen I was laughed at and told that I was crazy. Well I have the commitment from two of the worlds top instructors. I am seeking the commitment of three others… One of whom I know will say yes… It is going to be amazing but I digress

About a year ago you were in So. Cal with Avi and you mentioned that you wanted to actually interview Darren. I forwarded your contact information to some friends at KMWW and I know you had some conversations with them. Every attempt was made to have a legitimate discussion regarding the areas of concern. Yet for some reason nothing productive came about.

Your concern about the lawsuit is noted but it rings hollow Dana. You think that its ok for people like Moni Aizik to lie about his involvement with Krav Maga. You also believe that Avi Nardia has the right to suggest that Kapap is taught to IDF soldiers on an official capacity with the blessing of the IDF and Wingate? When was this sanctioned? The lawsuit in Canada that you mention only has direct implications for Moni Aizik. Avi does not claim to teach Krav Maga does he?

So what’s your interest in this issue? Well I know you backed Moni financially according to what you admitted to me. The article that you wrote is filled with the same B.S. that Moni has been spewing for years. Isn’t it funny that his story has changed so many times while the history of Krav Maga has not?

You have alligned yourself with snakes Dana. I am sorry to tell you. Look, I have stated my opinion about the lawsuit publicly and I am not afraid to say it again. First, I did not agree with the strategy of legal action, I rarely do. I would have spent the energy, effort and money focusing on improving relationships with Licensees as well as growing the brand by pointing out the differnces between KMWW and its competitors.

Incidentally I do not consider CKM real competition. However after spending the years, blood, sweat and tears growing the popularity of the system here in the states. Why should KMWW sit by and watch someone fabricate his past and blatantly attempt to capitalize on the effort of Darren Levine and KMWW?

The bottom line however is that the lawsuit was lost. The bad blood that exsists because of the legal action is still very real. It was well intentioned however it came off as mean spirited and in the end it was ineffective. Worst yet it has made enemies of former friends and driven a bigger wedge between the greatest Krav Maga instructors of our time!

Your assertion that KMWW should have honored the decision made by a court in Israel is extremely naive and short sighted. Israeli law has no impact on the civil law regarding business here in the U.S. . KMWW had the right to attempt to protect what it felt belonged to them. The fact that this action has a negative effect on Moni Aizik is more Moni’s fault than that of KMWW. He should stop lying. He should stop hiding. He should come in here and state his case. He has an open door just as you do. Note that it has taken you a year to come here and respond only after I called B.S. on that article you wrote and passed off as the gospel. One other issue that I have with you Dana. You always ask that proof be forwarded to you regarding the dissention about the claims you make in your article. Proof? You provide not one shred of evidence other than the word of your cohorts, that anything you said in your article is true.

To the untrained eye it would seem that you are pointing out legitimate historical discrepencies and ommisions. The problem for you is that there are far too many of us who have access to the people who have actually lived the history of the system. The problem for you is that neither the IDF nor Wingate will ever give any credence to a word written in your article. The problem for you is that you are alligned with a known liar and his former “student”. A man who also has some questionable history. Where is Moni now Dana? Where is Avi? Why do they not show themselves?

I understood but openly opposed the lawsuit. I have spoken with Darren at length about this issue. I have also spoken with Nir Maman, Eyal Yanilov, David Kahn and many others regarding the effect that such action would have on their lives as well as that of their comrades. I have spoken with John Whitman regarding this issue and I know firsthand what challenges this has created for those of us who own schools and do this as a primary source of income.

I wish this were not the case. I am trying to change things now. I know there are others among you who are doing the same.

Dana,

You will not be mistreated here. We are better than that. You must understand that we will protect Krav Maga. If you are serious about helping all of us be able to train why don’t you use your website to tell all sides of the story. The top instructors in the world are available to you if you are willing to do an honest and open piece on Krav Maga. Don’t try and convince those of us who know better than Imi was only one of the many who contributed to Krav Maga. This is not true and you know it Dana. If you don’t why don’t you contact Wingate, IDF, Eyal Yanilov, Darren Levine, Nir, David Kahn, Haim Gidon, Haim Zut, Ran Nakash and the others? Doing this would certainly give you more insight and hopefully more credibility.

morkravi

dana, maybe we should post the letters from avi and nir’s layers? you know, the one were avi lawyer, hired by benjamin krajmalnik not by avi, e mail nir and said that he request that nir make appology on this forum for saying that avi is not telling the truth about his background, and then the response from nir’s lawyer giving avi’s lawyer the contact information for the yamam israel and for the police attache at the israeli embassy in washington that already investigated avi’s background for another police department and asks him to first be sure of avi’s background before he try to threaten nir??

or maybe we should post the letter that nir’s lawyer got back from the yamam explaining exactly what avi ACTUALY did in the yamam???????????

dana maybe you should come here and appologize to nir for the statemenmt you made because saying that nir had to make public appologies to avi, when he never made any appologies to anyone and does not need to for saying the truth, is implicating that nir was lying, and maybe you will here from his lawyer?

y

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: