Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics This is why KM is important!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    silas

Re: This is why KM is important!

First off thank you for posting this i went to class with new found motivation, and i spent 30 minutes with my instructor working only this choke, i feel a little better. This choke is scary if the other guy knows what he is doing, you only have seconds to make the right choice. We worked 2 defenses standing and 1 additional for on the ground, and it seems the most critical part is reacting quickly to stop the choke it got real difficult real quick if i started after he already locked in. maybe tomarrow i’ll try to describe the defenses but im not so good at it and im sure one of the instructors here would do a much better job.

Wow is my neck/throat sore today.

aviatordave

And especially with the RNC, be sure to practice it with someone much bigger and stronger than yourself. It’s such a strong hold once that hand gets behind your head and you have so little time to get out of it.

I was once practicing full-nelson releases a few years ago, way before I’d ever even heard of KM. I happened to be paired that day with a skinny 16 or 17 year old kid. I probably had 50 pounds on him. He could get out of mine pretty well, but I didn’t really have to use much technique to get out of his. I just overpowered him. So the instructor let one of the assistants put me in one, who was my size and strength, and he really folded me over. It was a totally different experience. The RNC is the same way – it feels completely different when the “attacker” is quite strong, and performs the choke aggressively.

Whenever we practice chokes from behind, the normal two handed variety that you pluck your way out of, I always wonder just how often someone gets choked like that vs. the rear naked choke. I know if I were going to sneak up behind someone and try to choke them out, the RNC would be the one I would just instinctively use.

voodoo

An interesting editorial related to Melbournes violence & related problems can be found here:

http://www.theage.com.au/national/pack-mentality-20090716-dmy0.html

Along with an increase in general violence over here, there is also an increase in knife-related crime.

Now, more than ever, the importance of Krav (and reality based training in general) cannot be understated.

Peace & safety.

-Voodoo

greenbeanie

quote AviatorDave:

I know if I were going to sneak up behind someone and try to choke them out, the RNC would be the one I would just instinctively use.

Read about the Great Equalizer.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: