Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Tragedy, friends son murdered.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I have a friend on a different non MA forum that I admin. whose son was found brutally murdered in front of his house last Saturday morning.

Initially police thought he was stabbed multiple times based on the wounds but they recently recovered a machete in a dumpster by the residence.

Its things like hearing this happened to someone I know that really hit home with what we do. I couldnít help thinking to myself if he had been training in Krav Maga this might not have happened. Of course I would never say that to him but it does make you wonder if the outcome might have been different.

Train hard people – go home safe.

Heres the story if anyone is interested.

LINK

mara-jade

Re: Tragedy, friends son murdered.

Whoa..how awful:(:

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Yeah being hacked to death on the street in front of your suburbia home does seem a bit farfetched.

I have to admit I’ve actually said out loud in class “come on who’s going to attack me in LA with a machete?”

stevetuna

Sean –

I’m so sorry to read that. I pray that they capture the POS.

We just had a guy threaten another guy with a machete – right in front of the main supermarket here on the island. Yesterday, a 16 yr. old from the Dominican Republic burnt a 5 yr. old child with a spoon that he had heated up on a stove burner.

I don’t know what the hell is going on in this world these days. Train hard.

beeker11

<<I have to admit Iíve actually said out loud in class ìcome on whoís going to attack me in LA with a machete?î >>

Have you ever heard of MS-13? They are infamous for their machete attacks. Very prevalent in the northern Virginia suburbs now. I believe they originated in LA and El Salvadore, and then spread east.

A lot of these things seem to happen in the wee hours of the morning. I don’t even go out anymore.

jesse

I’m very sorry to hear about that happening. It simply encourages me to make sure that my loved ones prepare to deal with things like this as much as is possible.

Jesse

kirsten

Sean, I am so sorry to hear the news… I will put his family in my prayers tonight.

We have had several machete attacks here in Oregon. With all the migrant farm workers, it is a weapon of choice for some of them. Two Umatilla Deputies were almost hacked to death… Its more prevalent than society realizes.

ffdo1234

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I could not imagine someone I know being subjected to that…..

Beeker is right on BTW, MS-13’s favorite meathod is the machete. One of the most violent gangs in the US, though their ‘turf’ is thoughout the US and WAY into Latin America…..

I am sorry for your loss.

JC

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I don’t really know him anymore then I know so many people who post here on a regular basis so I appreciate the condolence but its really not my loss.

Like I mentioned to me its just proof that what we do matters

kirk

First Sean I want to extend my condolences to the family of the victim and I will keep them in my prayers.

Yeah, we’ve (at Krav) talked abotu MS-13 and their preferred means of weapons being knives and machette’s. They too are prevelant in Baltimore along with Bloods come to find out.

I too had another “wake up call” per se’ of to why I train so hard. A co-worker of mine was robbed and car jacked over the weekend. She is ok, shaken up but ok. My my second thought was that could have been my wife, me, or someone else close to me.

Tain Hard my friends, get home safe!

bracius

Mara Salvatrucha – 13

Yes, very present in Texas. I’ve been around Crypts, bloods, and other various gangs. I am usually not worried about them. There is a code there and if you stick to respecting [their strength] them then you are 99% cool with them. Not that I hang out with any of them anymore. Left that behind a looooong time ago.

MS-13 however I am scared of. No rules with those guys. They would kill you just because you are white or black. No rules, no warning, and brutal as hell.

Worse, some of my buddies from border patrol are telling me they [MS-13] are learning martial arts and krav and the like to increase their level of violence. On some places of the border it is just a blood bath at times.

thecrownsown

This is sick. I just read some quick articles on MS-13 and now it rings a bell. There was some huge busts in Toronto a while back. Much of the gun crime in Ontario is a result of them smuggling them in from the US and selling on the black market. Just last week a gang related killing in Peel Region, on the edge of Toronto…..

Sad when this happens.

bracius

Yup

They are a collection of racist with an intent to profit off of the drug war that the United States has in place. To them, damn the innocent people that have to die

ffdo1234

I am going to start a new post for this, but it might be helpful for people on here to be able to ID Gang types by what they do. I am going to write this out a little better before I post it so I get my point across, but will in the AM…..

bracius

quote FFDO1234:

I am going to start a new post for this, but it might be helpful for people on here to be able to ID Gang types by what they do. I am going to write this out a little better before I post it so I get my point across, but will in the AM…..

Oh excellent! Take your time, I’m sure it will be worth waiting for!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: