Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    ryan

Re: Training differences

It is against KMWFTD policy to teach retention techniques to anyone who is not a sworn peace officer or active-duty military, save a handful of well vetted instructors (for the reasons Brent enumerated.)

armitage

Understood – I think what I was more suggesting was not weapon retention techniques when you actually have one out and in your hands (as was previously mentioned – in a civilian situation it’s purely defensive), but more for ensuring if we have to go hands-on to restrain someone, preventing them from grabbing a gun/taser on our duty belts. I had one drunk patient attempt to do that to me in my current unarmed position – all he managed to get a hold of was my glove pouch!

ryan

The best thing to do would be to email Jon Pascal at [email protected]. All the best!

kirsten

Brent, well put. I been away teaching and have not had time to check up on the forum. Thank you.

Actually I teach force training techniques to limited private security. Email me so I check your credentials and we can try get you into some KMW force training. [email protected]

inky

I agree with Paul, I’m a CWP holder in Oregon and one thing I’ve learned is you do not brandish a firearm without the intent to use it, If your would be attacker has closed the the gap faster then you can pull a trigger or you missed entirely, you should have either taken a marksmanship course or left it at home and just dropped a Krav bomb on them.

4 years carrying and not once have I ever had to point a weapon at another human being.

3 years since my last physical altercation (very miner bar scuffle)

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: