Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Training, Injury and Education…

• This topic has 20 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by rfc.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    mark1a

Re: Training, Injury and Education…

Man, RFC has it right. I started level 1 after I turned 50 last year. I made it thru the first 6 months and was about to test….then tore a calf muscle, had arthritis surgery, and am just now going back next week…..after 4 months off. And I’m still not 100% after the (*#^&@! arthritis surgery. It’s gonna be hard to move.

It IS hard not to totally get into it. I will be taking it slower when I go.

rfc

Let’s face it. As we get older our bodies can’t handle what they used to. Add to that a young mind (with an older body) -and the path to injury is clearly visible.

Still though, even young bodies get hurt. I really think that mental/adrenaline control would spare people, young or old, from many injuries…

quote Mark1a:

Man, RFC has it right. I started level 1 after I turned 50 last year. I made it thru the first 6 months and was about to test….then tore a calf muscle, had arthritis surgery, and am just now going back next week…..after 4 months off. And I’m still not 100% after the (*#^&@! arthritis surgery. It’s gonna be hard to move.

It IS hard not to totally get into it. I will be taking it slower when I go.

b0123

I have been training Krav for about 1,5 years. I have never realy injured myself (exept for a couple of brused ribs which took me out for about 3 weeks) but my shins keep bothering me. I train twice a week and most of the lessons include a sparring session (which I enjoy very much). When I train with shinpads I’m oke but when I don’t they bruse and swell quite severely. It often takes only one defence against a kick. Ofcourse your first thought will be ‘always where the pads’ but I was wondering if there is anything else I could do.

thanks

B0123

stevetuna

quote RFC:

I bet people are waiting with bated breath to see if I answer this one…

OK, I’m game :beer:.

Older than 48 and younger than 49.
    FWIW: 5′ 10″, 163 lbs, 10-12% body fat.

I see your problem already – you’re too damn skinny! Get to the supermarket right now and pick up some ice cream…

jl

I agree with Stevetuna;

You are in desperate need of some Ice Cream!! stat

I prescribe a pint of Hagen Das Chocolate….once a week or until the prescription is gone.

Then refill prescription!!!

WARNING: I am not a licensed medical doctor, but I would prescribe the same dose anyway!

JL

rfc

LOL: Is chocolate an acceptable substitute? :woohoo:

Anyhow… I have no problem gaining weight but, turning it into muscle is has always been a challenge…

Ray

quote JL:

I agree with Stevetuna;

You are in desperate need of some Ice Cream!! stat

I prescribe a pint of Hagen Das Chocolate….once a week or until the prescription is gone.

Then refill prescription!!!

WARNING: I am not a licensed medical doctor, but I would prescribe the same dose anyway!

JL

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: