Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Training Under Stress

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    dkatman

Re: Training Under Stress

^^ Both great additions to the conversation.

Thanks,
    Dave

armitage

The best Stress training I got was through using Bulletman suits (from Bill Kipp’s FAST Defense system) – that way the defender was able to go all out with full powered strikes to the attacker without fear of injuring them in the training. Verbal aggression was also added in to really simulate the fear and stress of a real life attack.

jaspthecat

quote armitage:

Verbal aggression was also added in to really simulate the fear and stress of a real life attack.

Ha-ha, there’s nothing like the sound of 30 plus men cussing at the top of their voices. I find I run out of insults after a few minutes.thumbsup

quote armitage:

The best Stress training I got was through using Bulletman suits (from Bill Kipp’s FAST Defense system) – that way the defender was able to go all out with full powered strikes to the attacker without fear of injuring them in the training. Verbal aggression was also added in to really simulate the fear and stress of a real life attack.

Did you attend a seminar using the suit or did your school purchase this. I have been looking for where to get some sort of suit like this to allow students to unleash on a target.

kirsten

Also checkout Redman, High Gear (tony blauer) and Hitman suits. The High Gear is a favorite of LE defensive tactics instructors now because it allows for great protection with a high level of movement that you can’t get from some of the other suits. But know that they are spendy… but a good investment.

Thanks Kirsten,
    I know an instructor close to me who has a redman suit so I’ll probably see if I can borrow that first but will look into all options.

skibum

I checked out the High Gear site – it is an excellent equipment for Krav to add realism/stress to training. And it is pricey. I wonder if any civilian Krav outfits use it for stress training?

kirsten

We use all of them… The best way to get one without buying, is to see if you can borrow it from the local Police Dept or Sheriff’s Office and include them in on the training. Our first free self-defense seminar we did, we included the local SO in the advertising and program in exchange for use of some suits. It was a win-win… and worth a shot.

jl

Yes we do. We like the High Gear Suit alittle better then the Redman Suit. Better movement, although it is a little pricey the gear itself is awesome. I will say that having two suits is necessary for optimal training. (pad on pad = 2x protection) including ground defenses (ground and pound) we can elbow strike with full force with no undue injury. I usually do not like to endorse equipment but this stuff is really nice to have! Hope this helps you in your quest for 100% combative training. JL

armitage

quote TigerUpperCut:

Did you attend a seminar using the suit or did your school purchase this. I have been looking for where to get some sort of suit like this to allow students to unleash on a target.

I attended 2 seminars hosted by Bill Kipp (one in the UK, the other in Colorado) – he does the training for the Bulletmen suits (I hear it’s pretty expensive, but that’s mostly the cost of the suit because it is individually fitted). The first seminar was on verbal skills and stand-up defenses (did 2 scenarios verbally, 2 with the bulletman suit), and the second was on weapons defenses (did one against a knife, one against a gun, both with the instructor in the suit).

Although he trains instructors in his own FAST Defense and FAST Combatives systems -I know a number of schools who had integrated Bulletman suits into their own training programs, which he seems to be cool with, as long as it’s appropriate (he once heard of an instructor who was wearing the suit while beating up his students in “scenarios” because he refused to react appropriately to taking multiple hits!!)

From what I understand, the Bulletman suit offers a large amount of protection for the head area (with webbed eyeslits so the students can apply eye pokes/gouges etc), and for the groin (so they can make full powered strikes there with knees etc).

I think I posted a review of my first FAST seminar here a couple of years ago (I went to it in 2007) – should be able to find it with the search.

skibum

Kirsten, thanks a lot for the info and for your suggestion (on how to try the suits). I will recommend it to our instructor.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: