Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    prekarious1

So far, great fights. Only complaint……
    FORREST GOT ROBBED!!!

karlhungus

What happened in the Orlovsky fight? Why was it stopped?

anonymous

Arlovsky caught a punch right on the chin as he was coming in. Then he just lay there with Tim on top, unable to get up or properly block Tim Sylvia’s punches. So, I guess they had to break it up as a precaution, although he was not unconscious. Great comeback by Sylvia, though.

wyatt9696

Re: UFC 59

Only complaint……
    FORREST GOT ROBBED!!!

absolutely. even when forrest was taken down in the 3rd round, he was still firing off punches to tito in the up position. unfortunately, all the judges saw was the take down in the 3rd. that stole the round for tito.

g-v

Re:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

Arlovsky caught a punch right on the chin as he was coming in. Then he just lay there with Tim on top, unable to get up or properly block Tim Sylvia’s punches. So, I guess they had to break it up as a precaution, although he was not unconscious. Great comeback by Sylvia, though.

That was crazy! When Andre rocked Sylvia with that punch, I though for sure that was it for Sylvia. Big surprise how things turned out…and it looked like no one was as surprised as Arlovsky, himself. That punch to Andre’s chin didn’t even look all that devastating. 😕

I don’t think Forrest got robbed. It was a good fight, and a close fight. But, that last takedown squarely cost him the match, regardless if he was surviving under Ortiz’s ground & pound.

ryan

Forrest won that fight. He successfully defended 7 or 8 takedown attempts in a row, frustrating Tito. Tito only managed two takedowns the entire fight, and after the second one, Forrest was much more active from his back than Tito was from the top. Hell, one judge gave Tito all three rounds. Please tell me, what did Tito do in round two to warrant taking that round?

Watch Tito’s body language after the fight–even he thought Forrest won.

wyatt9696

hometown boy, hometown judges, hometown decision.

g-v

Re:

quote \”Ryan\:

Forrest won that fight. He successfully defended 7 or 8 takedown attempts in a row, frustrating Tito. Tito only managed two takedowns the entire fight, and after the second one, Forrest was much more active from his back than Tito was from the top. Hell, one judge gave Tito all three rounds. Please tell me, what did Tito do in round two to warrant taking that round?

Watch Tito’s body language after the fight–even he thought Forrest won.

True, round two was Forrest’s round, methinks (nice sprawls). Round one was clearly Tito’s. The third round was close, but Forrest ate some good punches thrown by Tito, and then that takedown that Forrest took too long to wiggle out of…it sealed the deal.

andre

That Tito/Forrest decision was a sham. First round definetly Tito, after that, like Ryan said, he defended several takedowns in a row. At one point after Forrest sprawled on Tito, you could see the look of futility on is face. It almost looked at one point like he shook his head in disgust. Plus Forrest was much more active when they were on their feet. Forrest won the fight. Any fight fan can’t dispute that.
    Its almost like Danna hired Don King as a \”consultant\” for the fight.
    In addition, Tito was gased, so after he finally got Forrest to the ground again, he basically was dead weight trying only to hold him down. I have a lot more respect for Tito after TUF, but he didn’t deserve the win.

ryan

I just re-watched the fight, and Tito actually got two takedowns in the first round, but that round wasn’t really in question. Round two was all Forrest, and round three was close, but I still give it to Forrest. Chuck definitely didn’t see it Tito’s way.

Anyway, a lot of money and hype for the rematch.

ericbaynes

The UFC Sham

It appears that the UFC is slowing adopting the \”fixed\” style of decision victories that plagued/still plagues boxing.

The way I saw it was that Forrest definately lost the first round. In fact, I thought the fight was going to be stopped or that Forrest was going to get KO’ed.

The second round was completely different. Forrests sprawls completed neutralized Tito. Even though Tito landed some good punches, Forrest was the aggressor and \”schooled\” Tito in stand-up.

The third round was the same as the second. Tito DID NOT successfully take Forrest down until the last minute (or so) of round 3. He didn’t even throw that many punches. I remember one hit Forrest sqaurely, but overall, I’d say Forrest landed (and threw) alot more punches then Tito. The takedown wasn’t a A+ takedown either, once he grabbed Forrest he really had to bull him over, unlike round 1.

Tito didn’t have a takedown for over a round and a half.. just because he gets one in the last couple minutes of a match, makes him the winner? Total, total BS. So Forrest didn’t score any points for sprawling?

The UFC is slowing turning into the WWE. This is about the 3rd or 4th match that I have seen that the decision was biased. Anyone see Keith Jardine tool Stephan Bonnar?

Terrible.

anonymous

I liked Forrest’s energy. While other fighters get more tired as the rounds drag on, he became more energetic, even ready to \”fight two more rounds\”. If he had, I bet he would have won.

By the way, what about Tito’s knee injury? Does anyone have more info about that?

g-v

Re:

Yeh, Forrest was really impressive. Regardless of the loss, he won some serious respect with that fight.

2 ligaments torn in that knee, G.

anonymous

Ouch! How long will he be out?

clfmak

There was an impressive fight after the main event- one of the minor fights- with some armenian guy who was throwing these jumping punches to hiss grounded opponent- looked paingul to he other guy when they connected, and painful to him when he punched the floor.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: