Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    sexybaldman

Re: The UFC Sham

quote \”EricBaynes\:

It appears that the UFC is slowing adopting the \”fixed\” style of decision victories that plagued/still plagues boxing.

The way I saw it was that Forrest definately lost the first round. In fact, I thought the fight was going to be stopped or that Forrest was going to get KO’ed.

The second round was completely different. Forrests sprawls completed neutralized Tito. Even though Tito landed some good punches, Forrest was the aggressor and \”schooled\” Tito in stand-up.

The third round was the same as the second. Tito DID NOT successfully take Forrest down until the last minute (or so) of round 3. He didn’t even throw that many punches. I remember one hit Forrest sqaurely, but overall, I’d say Forrest landed (and threw) alot more punches then Tito. The takedown wasn’t a A+ takedown either, once he grabbed Forrest he really had to bull him over, unlike round 1.

Tito didn’t have a takedown for over a round and a half.. just because he gets one in the last couple minutes of a match, makes him the winner? Total, total BS. So Forrest didn’t score any points for sprawling?

The UFC is slowing turning into the WWE. This is about the 3rd or 4th match that I have seen that the decision was biased. Anyone see Keith Jardine tool Stephan Bonnar?

Terrible.

Which leaves me to wonder, if Arlovski, took a dive…C;mon, that punch from Silvia did not have anything in it an Andre just went down and laid there. Look to staged to me..

About the Forrest/Ortiz fight, I think Forrest got robbed too..TIto’s stand-up was no existant and his only effort was in the forst round when he ground and pounded Forrest…Definitely should have been Forrest’s win…

andre

Don’t forget, Sylvia is a beast also. Even if it looked like it had nothing on it, it did. And he did catch him square on his jaw. Remember Sylvia had just been rocked, and an animal is dangerous when its wounded.

prekarious1

May not of looked as though Silvia’s punch had a lot behind it but also remember that Arlovski was coming in pretty hard. Combined force.

CLFmak> the fight you are thinking of was Karo Parisian. That kid has the best throws in UFC. Hughes has the best slams, but throwg all go to Karo. That guy is a judo genius.

al

I think we always see what we want to see. Forrest is one of my favorite fighters in the UFC, but even he didn’t dispute the judge’s decision. I think he really surprised a lot of people with his ability to battle back from Tito’s ground and pound in the 1st round. The second round was all Forrest. Third round was where he lost it on the takedown. I don’t think the judges had as good a view of Forrest’s fighting from the bottom, as we had on TV, thus they gave it to Tito. I also think that Forrest connected with more punches, but they really didn’t seem to phase Tito too much. If the judges were scoring on who showed more heart, Forrest would have won.
    I really think that everybody involved in the UFC wanted Forrest to win. I think Chuck Liddell looked pretty disappointed with the decision. I’m sure a rematch is in the cards, and next time it will be Forrest’s night.
    I think that Arlovski just got a little over-confident and dropped his guard when he put Sylvia down. He won’t make that mistake in the rematch.
    I don’t know about anyone else, but I wouldn’t want to catch an uppercut from a 6’8\” steroid freak. I’m pretty sure that would leave anyone a little disoriented on the mat.

g-v

Re:

True on all counts, Al.

andre

He didn’t dispute it because he has tact. Don’t forget even Tito was pointing to Forrest after the fight while he was sitting on the top of the octagon, and I doubt that he was pointing because he thought Forrest was the loser.

vicious

i don’t know… i think the first round could have been scored than 10-8 for tito… meaning even if forest won round three it would have gone to overtime… besides Under UFC rules Tito won the fight by a small margin, . Without that last takedown it would have been much harder to score. Under Pride rules Tito wins easy.

clfmak

\”He didn’t dispute it because he has tact. Don’t forget even Tito was pointing to Forrest after the fight while he was sitting on the top of the octagon, and I doubt that he was pointing because he thought Forrest was the loser\”

Which finger did he point with? 😀

\”CLFmak> the fight you are thinking of was Karo Parisian. That kid has the best throws in UFC. Hughes has the best slams, but throwg all go to Karo. That guy is a judo genius.\”
    I’d like to see more of him. My favorite thing to see is clean technical throws, especially ones that drop into a kimura or kneebar.

ryan

Well, it wasn’t Pride, and one judge scored all three rounds for Tito. I just can’t buy that.

I don’t think there’s any way in hell Arlovski took a dive. He damn near took Sylvia’s head off 10 seconds earlier. He got sloppy, and he got caught. The punch you don’t see…

emil

yes, respect to Sylvia for recovering so fast. I did want Arlovski to win though. That was a very unique turnaround though. I was also surprised that he couldn’t control sylvia on the ground better . It’s also fascinating to see the emergence of striking in MMA. It’s like everyone has trained enough grappling to cancel each other’s ground skills and now the emphasis is on getting the ko. plus I am sure the crowds would rather see that than a technical grappling match. Also happy to see Karo doing so well. It’s as if his opponents can’t even stay upright once he clinches. It looks like he’s been working on his punching as well. I wonder how he would do in Bushido with other guys that are proficient throwers.

problem-bear

Re: The UFC Sham

quote \”EricBaynes\:

It appears that the UFC is slowing adopting the \”fixed\” style of decision victories that plagued/still plagues boxing.

The way I saw it was that Forrest definately lost the first round. In fact, I thought the fight was going to be stopped or that Forrest was going to get KO’ed.

The second round was completely different. Forrests sprawls completed neutralized Tito. Even though Tito landed some good punches, Forrest was the aggressor and \”schooled\” Tito in stand-up.

The third round was the same as the second. Tito DID NOT successfully take Forrest down until the last minute (or so) of round 3. He didn’t even throw that many punches. I remember one hit Forrest sqaurely, but overall, I’d say Forrest landed (and threw) alot more punches then Tito. The takedown wasn’t a A+ takedown either, once he grabbed Forrest he really had to bull him over, unlike round 1.

Tito didn’t have a takedown for over a round and a half.. just because he gets one in the last couple minutes of a match, makes him the winner? Total, total BS. So Forrest didn’t score any points for sprawling?

The UFC is slowing turning into the WWE. This is about the 3rd or 4th match that I have seen that the decision was biased. Anyone see Keith Jardine tool Stephan Bonnar?

Terrible.

I don’t disagree that the UFC and other MMA organizations do have some problems with their judging systems and the UFC is probably the worst. That said I have seen the fight 3 times now and can honestly say that Tito won the fight. Just barely but he did score way more as far as effective damage to his opponent and I don’t know what some people seen but from where I sat Tito owned Forrest in the stand-up game. Forrest threw more punches but they few landed and those that did were weak at best. Tito landed way more punches for the amount he threw and they did way more damage to Griffin than was done to him. Part of the scoring is based on effective damage.
    In all fairness to Ortiz, he really was injured for the fight and anyone whose seen his prior fights will admit that Tito was very slow and weak on his takedowns and shots. Tito was far from his best, and Forrest definitely gave all he had. Decent fight all in all and I’m glad they paid eachother due respect in the end. A rematch is pointless for either of them unless Tito beats Chuck for the belt down the road.

Tim Sylvia’s win over Arlovski was laughable in several ways. Even AA thought it was funny, see him laughing when the ref stopped the fight?
    The UFC’s Heavyweight division is now officially a joke. Arlovski was overrated and untested to begin with. He dominated a dried up division. Tim Sylvia, Paul Buentello, Justin Eilers. Those guys are glorified bar-fighters. The few good fighters AA has faced he’s lost to ( Pedro Rizzo, Ricco Rodriguez).
    Arlovski is the only world-class fighter in the UFC Heavyweight division and he really hasn’t even done anything that impressive.
    Arlovski should’ve and would own Sylvia 8 out of 10 fights and is still a way better fighter. He walked into a big punch that he really should’ve seen and paid for it, a sign of his inexperience. He was defending himself, if you look he had his hand up blocking the punches and he was not in trouble at all.
    It’s pretty safe to give Tim Sylvia your back, the guy hasn’t figured out what to do on the groung in his years training with Jeremy Horn and Matt Hughes. If you can’t learn something from Horn your not gonna learn it.
    That said it was what it was and Tim did win it. No punch is really a lucky punch if you throw it on purpose so Sylvia get’s his belt back until the inevitable rematch.
    The Pride Open-Weight Grand-Prix tournament is on May 5( May 6-7 on PPV for us in North America). There is more talent in that one tournament than the UFC has on it’s entire payroll. Check it out, it’s $10 cheaper than UFC and 100 times better. Aleksander Emelianenko vs. Josh Barnett in the first round is worth the price in itself. Other competitors in the tournament are Mirko Cro-Cop, Antonio Ro

andre

Bear, the only thing I totally agree with you about is the Quality of Pride Fighting.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: