Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    kravjeff

Ouch … As a big Hughes fan, that was painful to watch. GSP looked awesome; exremely quick and accurate with his strikes – Well deserved win.

Sylvia and Monson had some great moments, but I thought it ended poorly for both fighters – Who knew Sylvia could roll???

A few good undercard fights too – Specifically Hardonk vs. Pendergrast and Mir vs. Vera … Vera / Sylvia could be interesting – Vera looked sharp. I’ve never seen either Hardonk or Pendergrast before tonight, but thought that Hardonk looked awfully good too.

prekarious1

Vera will end up the next heavyweight champ if the UFC plays it right. He is qualified for a title shot right now but I don’t think that he is truly ready yet. We haven’t seen him really get tested and until he is he should not be going in for a title.
    Silvia needs to get over the \”if I get a decision its still a win and I keep my best friend I mean belt\” syndrome. He used to actually fight and now he just tries to get the decision. I say the UFC needs to declare there is no Heavyweight Champion and let it start all over again before too many people lose interest in that weight class. Did you hear how many were booing Silvia last night? Should of been embarassing to him to keep the belt like that.

GSP> I’ve been waiting for this one since Oct. 04 after the first fight. Now I just want to see how long he holds the belt

anonymous

Damn, I didn’t order the UFC this time, it just starts getting too expensive, but sounds as though there were some good fights. I thought Hughes would win for sure, now I wished I had seen it. And what’s all that talk about him bashing Canadians for not being true fighters?

Too bad about Mir. He used to be great, but I guess the accident took a lot out of him. I wonder if he’ll ever recovery fully.

If Sylvia is too boring, then maybe they should just get rid of him. We have enough dull heavyweights in boxing.

wyatt9696

matt hughes got smoked. sort of the way rich franklin did the last time out. gsp simply overwhelmed mh. he’s been ready for this fight for a while. he’s got the whole package.

as far as tim sylvia goes, for a big guy he rolled really well. avoided almost every takedown attempt by monson. i personaly don’t care for sylvia, but got to give him credit where credit is due.

frank mir needs to retire. it’s obvious he’s not the same fighter, since his 2 year layoff, due to his accident. at least he looked to be in good shape, compared to his last 2 fights.

i also agree with the statement as to brandon vera being the next heavyweight champ. there’s not much competition in that division. wouldn’t mind seeing vera and the pit bull go at it. that would be a step way up in ability for vera.

mmottster

The GSP-Matt Hughes fight was good, even though it was short. MH seemed too cocky going into the ring. He looked like he didn’t think this was going to be a big deal. Even though the commentators kept saying MH has been working on his stand up, to me his form was poor. He kept dropping his hands.

GSP was awsome!!! I’ve been a fan of his for a while. He was strong and aggressive. I hope he can keep the title for a long time. He is very well rounded.

The Sylvia/Monson fight was boring after the first 2 rounds. Monson was gassed. Sylvia did well defending against the take downs. The height difference really affected Monson. Sylvia has more ‘tude than I care for. I look forward to when he looses the belt.

unstpabl1

How awkward was the sylvia/monson fight.Thats one i want to see because of the height difference

psyops

Thoughts,

GSP VS HUGHES!

WOW! GSP looked awesome. First of all he is in great shape. His hand speed was amazing, movement, angles, and timing all were superb. He appeared to be stronger than Hughes! He certainly is a better athlete than Hughes and GSP’s skill level is obviously higher too! I like Huges alot! However when you fight a stronger, more athletic and faster guy you are in trouble.

Sylvia and Monson!

So much for the BJJ expert! It does not help when you are giving up a foot to your opponent and Sylvia deserves credit for fighting perfectly from a defensive standpoint. The one problem I have with the guy is that he does not finish his opponents! He had Monson defeated mentally. He was so frustrated that he could not dominate Sylvia on the ground he was ready to quit. Sylvia could have taken him apart with his jab. He should have set the table with it, but he didn’t. I was a bit dissapointed. However size matters as was proven again.

It is nice to see a big man punish a litte guy and take his will to compete away. I loved it! Overall atheletes who are bigger, faster, stronger, quicker, smarter etc. will whip those who do not have these attributes.

greenbeanie

Re:

[Psyops]
    \”Overall atheletes who are bigger, faster, stronger, quicker, smarter etc. will whip those who do not have these attributes.\”

Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.
    -Muhammad Ali

kravjeff

Re:

quote \”greenbeanie\:

Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.
    -Muhammad Ali

Nice! 8)

psyops

Ali was right!

Remember though, this is the guy who had it all. In fact when I watched GSP, I thought that this guy should be called \”The Total Package\”. Certainly Ali was the total package. The attributes that I described certainly were held by that guy! He is the best there ever will be. I love to watch his old tapes. Thanks Greenie for that quote.

unstpabl1

THE WILL…..If you read the curent books on self help. success and business theres alot of talk about visualisation and wishing and the Law of Attraction.But if you read the books that were the predeccessors of thes dating back 100years the focus was on the developement of the THE WILL.Will developement was/is a big deal but in an odd way isn’t discussed much for some reason…..Iread this the other day in an old book….I liiked it,maybe it’ll help…..\”Everyone has 2 natures.Onewants us toadvance and the other to pull back.The one that wecultivate and concentrate on decides what we are in the end.Both natures are trying to gain control.The WILL…… alone decides the issue!
    mike

unstpabl1

THE WILL…..If you read the current books on self help. success and business theres alot of talk about visualisation and wishing and the Law of Attraction.But if you read the books that were the predeccessors of these dating back 100 years the focus was on the developement of the THE WILL.Will developement was/is a big deal but in an odd way isn’t discussed much for some reason…..I read this the other day in an old book….I liked it,maybe it’ll help…..\”Everyone has 2 natures.One wants us to advance and the other to pull back.The one that we cultivate and concentrate on decides what we are in the end.Both natures are trying to gain control.The WILL…… alone decides the issue!
    mike

kravjeff

Re:

quote \”unstpabl1\:

THE WILL…..If you read the current books on self help. success and business theres alot of talk about visualisation and wishing and the Law of Attraction.But if you read the books that were the predeccessors of these dating back 100 years the focus was on the developement of the THE WILL.Will developement was/is a big deal but in an odd way isn’t discussed much for some reason…..I read this the other day in an old book….I liked it,maybe it’ll help…..\”Everyone has 2 natures.One wants us to advance and the other to pull back.The one that we cultivate and concentrate on decides what we are in the end.Both natures are trying to gain control.The WILL…… alone decides the issue!
    mike

This country / society could learn a thing or two \”going back\” … Too bad we can’t all spend a year or two with \”The Greatest Generation.\”

psyops

True,

The greatest self help book ever written is THINK AND GROW RICH! Napoleon Hill’s entire concept was about will and desire. If will and desire is combined with exceptional athletic ability you get MICHAEL JORDAN, ALI and guys like this.

kravjeff

Psyops –

I’m not familiar with that book – Do you happen to know when it was written?

Thx,
    KJ

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: