Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge UFC 81 – Brock Lesner?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    raneman

ok I was checking my email and noticed a big spread on Yahoo about Lesner fighting Frank Mir in UFC 81. I saw Lesner in his first MMA fight against some guy that wasn’t scheduled to fight him and he just overpowered the guy and punched him from mount. There was a HUGE size difference in that fight and his opponent looked absolutely terrified of him. I know he has a great wrestling background but what do you guys think of bringing him in for the publicity..and more importantly how is he going to fare?

leejam99

Re: UFC 81 – Brock Lesner?

i say Mir by submission in round 1. any bets? 🙂

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote leejam99:

i say Mir by submission in round 1. any bets? 🙂

Lessner was a great collegiate wrestler…

The octagon is a whole new ballgame.

From what I’ve seen he’s got no footwork, who knows what his conditioning is like and can he throw hands? Lots of unanswered questions, other then man is he big. Big dosen’t win fights ask Ocibono.

Mir on the other hand is an ex champion and if it wasn’t for his bike accident I think he would have been around for a while. Sure he’s on the comeback trail but it’s not like he forgot all the ring experience that got him there in the first place.

I’m with you on this one Mr. Lee, Lessner’s just not in the same skill league.

prekarious1

If Mir works on his conditioning and comes in hungry, all the way. If not then its completely up in the air as to who is gonna take this one

I just don’t get giving him a shot in the UFC after one lousy lopsided MMA fight in which I agree he just mauled the guy.

Lesnar no doubt is a specimen of an athlete but his lack of experience in MMA could hurt him against the right opponent. Is Mir that opponent I don’t know but I don’t think it is going to be as easy as he makes it out to be.

My prediction is that he uses his finisher move, the F5 in the 1st round. Either that, or he gets DQ’d using a steel chair. Either way, there should be a rematch at wrestlemania next month….

leejam99

quote HazardousSmoker:

I just don’t get giving him a shot in the UFC after one lousy lopsided MMA fight in which I agree he just mauled the guy.

it sells tickets…..

jay99

Just for the sake of it I’ll take your bet, Sensei! I win – you teach me the ninja roll and provide the smoke bombs for my escape. You win… uh… I don’t know… how about like $5.00 bucks or something.

ryan

I think Mir will likely catch him, but Lesnar is in a different league than Akebono, and I guarantee conditioning won’t be a problem. Mir hasn’t been the same fighter since his accident, so much of it depends on which Mir shows. This isn’t a great matchup for Brock, but he has the potential to be a force in the division.

stevetuna

I saw a tape of the weigh-in. Mir is not dwarfed by Lesner. He damn sure won’t be intimidated. Mir has top-notch ground skills. As previously stated, if Mir comes in in good shape, he’ll win early (I believe).

ryan

Actually, I’ll bet Brock walks around at about 280. While I think Mir will catch him, I also wouldn’t be surprised if Lesnar won via GNP. I am betting Mir’s never felt anyone like Lesnar–the guy’s a legitimate threat.

clfmak

Come on, none of you know what Mir’s abilities are defending against piledrivers, boston crabs or attacks off the top rope.

quote CLFMak:

Come on, none of you know what Mir’s abilities are defending against piledrivers, boston crabs or attacks off the top rope.

Is this going to be a tag team ladder match? :):

ryan

Well, it went like I thought it would, but Lesnar, if he sticks with it, will be a major player. On another note, I thought the stoppage for the strike to the back of the head was BS.

unstpabl1

I’m a touch cynical or just touched. Brock Lesner walks in with name recognition. He’ll put butts in the seats. He has likability and a following. If I’m White, I don’t risk putting him in a match against anybody he can’t compete with.And I’m being polite with the last sentence. Yeah anything can happen in mma, but you don’t destroy a fighter if you can help it, till its necessary. Mir was picked for a reason

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: