Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    mike

did anyone watch the ultimate fighter 2 finale on spike tv last saturday night? it was a 3 hour event with 4 fights
    Kenny Florian vs Kit Cope- good fight showed again that KenFlo does have a future here

Luke Cummo vs Joe Stevenson – very good fight i think luke impressed alot of people

Brad Immes vs Rashaad Evans – i thought rashaad would win untill i saw the huge size difference then i wasnt so sure

Diego Sanchez vs Nick Diez – good display of grappling

also found out that there were someother good fights that they didnt air:

Keith Jardine vs. Kerry Schall
    Marcus Davis vs. Melvin Guillard
    Josh Berkman vs. Sammy Morgan

does anyone know what happend in these fight or if they will be aired at a later date????????

jt

The results of the un-aired fights were:
    Keith Jardine over Kerry Schall – I can’t remember if it went to a decision or not, but it may have been by TKO. Apparently Jardine was kicking the hell out of one of Schall’s legs and hobbled him.

Melvin Guillard over Marcus Davis – If I recall, this one wasn’t close either, and Marcus may not be cut out for MMA.

Josh Berkman by KO over Sammy Morgan – Sammy has back to back KO’s…. unfortunate for him, he had a nice win not too long ago vs. Duane \”Bang\” Ludwig.

g-v

Re: ufc last sat night

I am soooo happy Sanchez beat Diaz. Farging cocky bastage, he even talked smack after losing.

Luke Cuomo put up a great fight, indeed.

dugfoot

I think that this 4 fight card was as good as any pay-per-view MMA event I have seen in a long time.

Luke and Joe was awesome but Joe looked off. I’m sure Luke being so game had something to do with it but his training injury sure didn’t help either.

Rashad’s hand really suprised me. He definitely trained hard in boxing. I am surprised that Brad did not throw any leg kicks to help neutralize Rashad’s hands. Both fighters were impressive, especially since neither one has doing MMA very long.

Cudos to Diego for sticking to an awesome game plan. I had always liked Nick Diaz but I didn’t realize how classless he could be leading up to and even after the fight. Both are extremely talented.

Kenny Florain suprised me big time. Glad to see he’s doing well.

karlhungus

Sanchez is an impressive fighter. I am not a big fan of his, he seems to be a pretty cocky guy but he is a heck of a fighter. All in all, it was a very good show. I enjoy TUF.

mike

i also dont think marcus is cut out for the ufc. hes a good boxer but it pretty much stops there. i think keith could have a future in mma he seems like a hard puncher but in all honestly ive only seem him on TUF2…
    wow i was hoping sammy would eventually make it in the ufc but back2back knockouts seems like a big hurdle.
    did anyone notice that in the rashaad vs brad fight that mike whitehead and seth petruzelli were in brads corner

also i am a fairly new ufc fan can someone please tell me about how much in cost to watch a ppv event

ryan

Sam’s knockout was the result of a slam about 21 seconds into the fight.

kurtuan

dugfoot, I agree. I couldn’t figure out why Immes didn’t throw ANY leg kicks. He threw several body and head kicks but never attempted a leg kick. I wonder why his corner didn’t point this out to him, or if they did why he didn’t listen?

mike

i think brad thought he could just over power rashaad

h2h

great UFC event..for free..even better than the PPV ones that cost around 40 bux !! I was impressed with Diego Sanchez…great job..that guy has a future in UFC. He dropped a lot of weight as well and was very technical during the fight against Diaz.
    Diaz did a great job as well

konrad109

Awesome fights. But I thought Luke Cumo should have had Joe. In that last round after Luke got on top, he got up and turned his back, expecting a clean get up from a Joe. Joe instead took advantage of the situation and took Luke down. Luke seemed like the better fighter overall, he could have easily beaten Joe in standup and Joe couldn’t touch him on the ground. Great fight nonetheless, I hope Luke still gets to fight in the UFC because he is definetley good enough.

mike

i think luke will fight again in the ufc. if joe adjusts his game a little bit he will be a terror he has a great ground game but needs to work on his striking and attacking from ground. in a way he reminds me of diego sanchez but diego is more aggressive

superhawk

Was anyone surprised that Kit Cope (Thai Kickboxer) was (so) soundly beaten by Kenny Florian (BJJ)?

j-frank

I’m so impressed by Luke Cummo, I hope we see more of this guy.

Spike replayed Season 2 all day before the finale, I TiVo’d it and watched the whole thing. Cummo was the underdog from day one, picked last, etc. If you haven’t yet, watch the series on DVD or reruns and you’ll find yourself rooting for Luke all the way.

Great show.

g-v

Re:

Yeh, I was rooting for him as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: