Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Update on the Houston man who shot his neighbor’s thieves

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    paragon

Re: Update on the Houston man who shot his neighbor’s thieves

The guy should have stayed in his house. That’s my opinion. He very well could have been killed.

But then, I am a gun-toter. What could I know, being so stupid and arrogant?

russell

quote cav:

It’s funny because those are only tools to kill more efficiently or equalize a fight, people can kill people with or without tools. Without the tools though, it’s more likely the person with initiative or the more experienced, faster, stronger, bigger person will win. Although I suppose people will just have to take a few hits first, and hope none of them are to the throat.

It would really suck if experience, speed, strength or size qualified as “means”.

sorry i was wrong in my last post

my wife is taking a night class at the local college that is being taught by the asst police chief and he told her if someone is in your house and you fear for your life, you can shoot them, but if they are out side steeling the hub caps off your car all you can do is call 911 and and hope the cops show up in time

sorry my info was wrong

russell

antonyhewitt

Dec 17 update in Houston Chronicle:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nb/pasadena/news/5380759.html

mara-jade

Thanks for the update Antony. That idiot protester mentioning race- I hate when the race card gets brought up. Friggin stupid:angry:

mara-jade

Just heard this awhile ago – the man WON’T be indicted

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stories/khou080630_mh_joehornnobilled.d53dd22.html

kvmorl

“Horn maintains that he shot the men in self-defense. An autopsy report indicated that both men were shot in the back.”

Add to that the 911 told him to stay inside and he said no, I’m not letting them go.

I don’t know what is going through that jury’s mind in not charging this guy with at the very least manslaughter.

bracius

The castle law was the only good thing that Gov. Perry did down here. It removed any [reasonable] chance of a civil suit to follow the dismissing of a criminal suit. Course you can always file but….dismissed is soon to follow.

It also allows is to defend without having to show evidence of fleeing from danger. And it allows us to “steward” our neighbors property. Big deal for me since I am watching my neighbors property and protecting his wife while he is in Iraq.

And about this guy….I don’t know what to make of it. I personally hold little quarter for people that commit crimes against another persons civil liberties. And I support the use of deadly force in protecting your property or that of your neighbor/life. Had this fella not called the police first – OR – called and then [not telling the op.] seeking the men for detaining………is it really different he said he was going to do it rather than not saying it.

Is the operator really a qualified individual to manage the series of events? Or is that typically left to the first responders/individuals in the theater?

And the moral and ethical message here? I personally do not follow the motto “All life is valuable”. I am perfectly within my own moral code to execute another human being for crimes committed against another [that warrants such an action]. With the following question is almost certainly “is it ethical to terminate a human life when that human life if violating the basic and primary right of our code of morals?”

My .02 I think so. And I hope it sends a message to all would be criminals in my country…..rob at the risk of your own life.

bradm

Judge, Jury, and Executioner- Hmmm. I thought there was a law against that.

bracius

In defense of ones life, liberty, and property during the committing of a crime……yes.

nixxon

I don’t think somone should die for robbing a house. I myself wouldn’t have gone out there but the man executed his rights. He protected his neighbors property. Those guys shouldn’t have committed a crime, if they weren’t breakin the law they wouldn’t be 6ft under right now.

bracius

quote Nixxon:

I don’t think somone should die for robbing a house. I myself wouldn’t have gone out there but the man executed his rights. He protected his neighbors property. Those guys shouldn’t have committed a crime, if they weren’t breakin the law they wouldn’t be 6ft under right now.

Well….its not like we are patrolling the area looking for a chance to pop someone. But you will not get a lot of sympathy if you are shot dead while robbing a house. And our bonds with our neighbors are pretty strong. We are pretty mellow down here and its when someone is being violated that you see our fur stand up and teeth are bared.

Now if someone is throwing a coke can out the window that’s one thing. Maybe a talking to or something. Breaking into a mans home….that’s crossing the line and any criminal is putting their life in the gun owners hands…..hands which are protected by Texas law.

alamocitykid

I just read about the “no-billing” in the Los Angeles Times. According to the LA Times article, a plainclothes police officer was allegedly a witness, and he testified that he saw the two lunge toward the shooter. I’m sure the Harris County DA wasn’t excited, because his office isn’t a big proponent of self-help. Hope it gives the Angelinos pause to appreciate what they missing. BTW, this wasn’t the first crime these two had committed–they were ILLEGALS from Colombia.

bull1189

quote Alamocitykid:

they were ILLEGALS from Colombia.

Oh, well, gee, I guess that answers the whole thing.

Race/national origin/immigration status is absolutely irrelevant to the topic at hand. If you think it is, it tells us a whole lot more about you than it does about the use of deadly force.

bracius

quote Bull1189:

Oh, well, gee, I guess that answers the whole thing.

Race/national origin/immigration status is absolutely irrelevant to the topic at hand. If you think it is, it tells us a whole lot more about you than it does about the use of deadly force.

I’m sorry you feel that way. It is a big problem down here and keep in mind that most people you talk to that are born and raised here have roots in Latin American community.

its not a race thing, its a crime thing

bull1189

I’m from Texas, born and raised and only left 2 years ago, I know what’s going on down there.

Don’t be sorry for me because I feel that a person’s race/national origin or imigration status isn’t something that should be part of the analysis as to whether or not they deserved to be shot. That’s far from being the pittyful viewpoint in this thread.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: