Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    bradm

Re: Vibram Five Fingers

TheAmBASSaDeer,
    Do you wear them in your Krav classes there? Silly question I know, but when I trained in Marietta Krav, most of us wore some sort of tennis shoe or cross trainers. Some wore martial arts shoes.

quote BradM:

TheAmBASSaDeer,
    Do you wear them in your Krav classes there? Silly question I know, but when I trained in Marietta Krav, most of us wore some sort of tennis shoe or cross trainers. Some wore martial arts shoes.

Yep, Thats really the only place I wear them. And I would have to say that for some reason those “shoes” really improved my kicks!

Now our class is about half/half barefoot to shoes.

stevetuna

One of our instructors (Jules) wears them while running in competitive races. He’s been winning everything he’s entered. He won a big 5K against the toughest field of the year. He won an around-the-island beach run as part of a team. Jules ran 9 miles on the beach for that one. Finally, he dominated a 5 mile event last month.

Jules was finishing second and third in a lot of events until this year. The change for him has been the Vibrams and CrossFit.

I can’t post the picture, but here’s a link for two of the races:

http://gallery.pictopia.com/inqmirror/gallery/97414/photo/8688016/?o=10

http://gallery.pictopia.com/inqmirror/gallery/88868/photo/8353426/?o=39

sip

These have definitely strengthened my legs, and I can feel whatever surface I’m on much better with thin shoes. I was wearing them all day every day until it got cold here on Nantucket. I highly recommend them, but go to a good sports store where they know what they’re doing.

johnnycgood

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I saw your vibram link and pretty much fell in love with the design. I’ve been looking for good barefoot running shoes when I saw it. Looking around, everyone seems to me sold out of these… (online and here in town).

After digging and digging, I finally found one place with them in stock. Got them ordered and he shipped the next day. I had some questions and he was quick to respond (within a few hours actually). If anyone else is like me and can’t find them, I got mine at crossroadsonline.com.

I fell inlove with those designs. Can’t wait to have mine also. Are these still available at crossroadsonline.com. Haven’t check it. I really love the designs!!!
    :woohoo:

“Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.-William James”
    KenethMorris saucony shoes

xoek

vibrams are the isht!

i do everything in mine train, go to the store, run, hike (be cautioned, you feel everything through them, so watch where you step, cuz stepping on rocks in them is not fun!) not necessarily in that order. also not fun to wear on a hot day, not much insulation, so if you would not step out on the street barefoot, then don’t wear your vibrams, it’ll be the same as going barefoot and your feet will burn.

other than that, very versatile functional footwear. running in them actually hurts a lot less than it looks like it would, it really does correct your running foot technique and your feet eventually get…springier? yeah, that. and there’s less impact than with running shoes.

i don’t regret getting mine at all. even if they were $85.

blockcrat

I know someone who runs 5k with them on. He swears it’s like running barefoot…in a good way of course.

If it wasn’t unhygienic, I would have asked him if I can try it on. I can see myself wearing one when training.

clfmak

There was a few guys wearing them at the last Dog Brothers gathering, and they said they really like training in them. Footwork is very important in the weapon arts and that’s why they like them. On the other hand, my old kung fu sifu got some and he didn’t like them.

fxbr702

quote TheAmBASSaDEER:

Yep, Thats really the only place I wear them. And I would have to say that for some reason those “shoes” really improved my kicks!

Now our class is about half/half barefoot to shoes.

I went barefoot for the first time in class the other day because I had developed shin splints on a run and decided to try something different. I had noticed a huge improvement in my kicks as well as my stance and all areas dealing with footwork. I’ll be training barefoot from now on. I’m considering 5 Fingers for running, but not necessarily for KM training, however, if I do get a pair for running (most likely) I’ll wear them to class and post results here.

tomo

Nnnaaaahhh….I’ll stick with my Chuck Taylors…thanks just the same.:Unsure:

Just make sure you keep your toenails clipped because they can be painful in those vib-rams if they aren’t kept clipped. :D:

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: