Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Vicious head butt at the World Cup

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

Anyone see the World Cup final between France and Italy?

Near the end of the second overtime, one of France’s best players was walking next to an Italian. Suddenly, the French guy turns, faces the Italian and rams his head right into his chest, above the solar plexus.

The Italian collapses and is lying on the ground for a while, the French guy gets the red card.

This was interesting because I had never considered a head butt to the chest to potentially be this effective. But it worked here, giving the French guy the desired result (except for the red card of course).

Something for short people to try, who aren’t able to reach the opponent’s head.

Oh and by the way, ha vinto l’Italia! Bravo ragazzi! Dov’e la vittoria? E qui! Felicitazioni!

g-v

Re: Vicious head butt at the World Cup

Yeh, that was pretty damn effective!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1i_l0OeeMc&feature=Views&page=1&t=t&f=b

clfmak

I’d imagine any committed strike with a running start by a trained athlete would be pretty effective. Anyway, I heard in the England vs Portugal match, an English guy stomped a Portuguese guy’s groin in a scuffle. I found a link that mentions it- look under the Brazil Ousted section:
    http://blogs.timesunion.com/worldcup/?m=200607

kravjeff

‘Nuther reason to love the French ! 😉

I read somewhere that headbutts are quite common in Europe during confrontations – Apparently \”underutilized\” in the States?

I’ve personally never delivered one other than in training, nor have I seen one used, though I’ve seen my share of altercations. I trust they are rather effective, and as I’m sure you all do, I train them regularly both on the bag and I try to incorporate them into counters during training – Like GK, I never thought to use one to the body. I hope to God I never have to deliver one to the gut of someone so tall that I can’t reach his head! 😯

philst

I wouldnt go by what you see on the football pitch guys, a lot of the European/ South american players will go down like they’ve been shot every time in their attempts to get opponents sent off. The Zidane headbutt did look a good contact, but the opponent was almost gaurenteed to milk it. Also take Henry in one of frances previous matches – he took an accidental elbow tap to the chest, and dropped to the ground holding his face. The \”offending\” player was red carded.

Wayne Rooney was the stamp on the portugese player – looked half accidental, half deliberate, and yes, painful. I like to work all the \”dirty\” stuff in as much as I can – butts, biting, gouging, groin strikes, stamping – the quicker its over the better!!

noonian

Yep. This one should explain why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO5wise5r6g

jamesh-d30

Quote from Jeff: \”I hope to God I never have to deliver one to the gut of someone so tall that I can’t reach his head!\”

Uh…Jeff isn’t that everyone? 😀

g-v

Re:

quote \”noonian\:

Yep. This one should explain why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO5wise5r6g

Haha. 😆

Yeh, I forgot to take soccer field acting into account. Good point, boys.

pierre

Re: Vicious head butt at the World Cup

BTW, the Italian player called him a terrorist (Zedine’s family is from Algeria). I suspect the Italian wanted to play with his mind and get him to do something that would get him kicked out. I bet he didn’t expect the head but…

quote \”Giantkiller\:

Anyone see the World Cup final between France and Italy?

Near the end of the second overtime, one of France’s best players was walking next to an Italian. Suddenly, the French guy turns, faces the Italian and rams his head right into his chest, above the solar plexus.

The Italian collapses and is lying on the ground for a while, the French guy gets the red card.

This was interesting because I had never considered a head butt to the chest to potentially be this effective. But it worked here, giving the French guy the desired result (except for the red card of course).

Something for short people to try, who aren’t able to reach the opponent’s head.

Oh and by the way, ha vinto l’Italia! Bravo ragazzi! Dov’e la vittoria? E qui! Felicitazioni!

anonymous

The Italian may have done some acting, but he did look hurt, at least initially, as he was going down. The attack was pretty hard to see and unexpected, so the Italian guy had no time to brace himself for impact. If he had been able to tighten his chest in anticipation of the strike, the head butt may have done less damage.

j-frank

quite a bit of overacting going on in the world cup, but that head-butt looked pretty effective – imagine a huge rock-hard fist right to your sternum 😯

ouch.

mblitz

Interesting debate on the head-butt (one of those oxymoronic terms I love); however, one point worth mentioning is that it should not have mattered what the Italian said to Zedine. For the latter to escalate the encounter from some foolish remark to a first-strike attack was idiotic and a pathetic end to an otherwise inspired career.

j-frank

yep.

jjbklb

The french hate to work overtime.When their team found out that they were going to have to work a few minutes overtime,one of them just lost it.

j-frank

good one 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: