Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Vicious head butt at the World Cup

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

Hmmmm, but isn’t that more the Italians, who go on strike all the time and have hour long lunches? Maybe both of them wanted to end it quickly. 😉

clfmak

This version of it is pretty funny:
    http://francefighter.ytmnd.com/

anonymous

I liked that he had his hands down the entire time as he was walking toward the Italian. That made it the perfect sneak attack.

tandt

Keep in mind too, that soccer players use their heads to contact and direct the ball. He would have been capable of a pretty strong head butt.

kravjeff

As Jay Leno pointed out – It’s the first time in sixty years the French commited to combat!

At least there’s one tough guy there …

😆

kurtuan

\”Yep. This one should explain why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO5wise5r6g \”

Looks a lot like that Systema clip that’s been floating around. 😆

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

jack-diesel

It was effective in this case, but that is a dangerous attack. You could literally paralyze yourself by doing this. Not suggested for use. That guy was a moron and I wish he would have knocked himself unconscious. Some time ago there was a rookie quarterback in the NFL who scored a touchdown and rammed his head into the goal post. He knocked himself out and injured his spine. he was a great prospect and he ruined his career.

kravjeff

\”Some time ago there was a rookie quarterback in the NFL who scored a touchdown and rammed his head into the goal post. He knocked himself out and injured his spine. he was a great prospect and he ruined his career.\”

What a dumbass … I don’t remember that, do you know who it was?

anonymous

Usually, the neck gets hurt when the head isn’t in the right position. In boxing you are told to always tuck your chin, but if you do that while giving a head butt, you are likely to break or tweak your neck.

If the head is in the right position, you should be okay. I actually parctice head butts against the heavybag sometimes. There is also a takedown you can do while on your knees. Get one leg up and then move forward, ramming your head right into the opponent’s chest. The force of your head hitting his upper body should throw him back and toward the ground (but not actually hurt him). You can practice this against the heavybag as well. Get on your knees, put one leg up, then move forward and ram your head against the bag, trying to drive the bag back. It sounds scary and it is scary at first, but if you are doing it right, you will notice it doesn’t hurt much at all. And it’s a good takedown, making it harder for the opponent to get you into a guillotine choke, because your head is in the middle of his chest as opposed to either side of his body.

jack-diesel

No, I don’t remember his name, but I’ll find out. I beleive he sat the bench with a neck brace until his contract was up

j-frank

did it ever come out what was said that made that player decide to head-butt?

anonymous

I think the Italian said some bad things about Zidane’s mother and sister, calling them whores. Apparently, Zidane is known to have a temper, and so the Italian tried to provoke him into doing something stupid. Mission accomplished! 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: