Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge weight training and krav maga

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    night-robin

Re: weight training and krav maga

I did the twenty minute workout and it was pretty intense. Not too bad though. Certainly fills in as a workout between tuesday thursday Krav classes. Working out only 2 days a week just ain’t cuttin’ it. Lookin’ to step up my game.

aviatordave

quote PrISM:

Don’t waste your time with the adduction/abduction machines. The gains from using those things is going to be minimal at best. Stick with the main compound lifts like back/front squats and deadlifts to gain strength there.

+1. Leave the adduction/abduction machines to the ladies decked out head to toe in spandex. You can work the same muscles with the big compound lifts.

Crossfit training is great, and while I’ve never been to the one near me, they also offer instruction in the olympic lifts which will give you fast gains in strength and power.

ds314

I’m always playing around trying to find the ultimate workout that I can complete within an hour. I’ve been trying to find a workout where can incorporate strength training with cardio. Here is an example of my new workout routine. I’m trying to do the workout three times a week mixing and matches the following (pushups, bench press, dead lifts, squats with weights, jumping squats with 12lbs medicine ball, dips not assisted, dips assisted, bear crawl, crab crawl, roundhouse kicks, cleans, kettleball squats (where you swing the kettlebell up as you squat), crunches, lunges).

Today’s workout
    Run/jog 1/2 mile
    5 Sets of 10 Benchpresses and 50 pushups
    Run/jog 1/4 mile
    Lunge Walk 100 steps
    Run/jog 1/4 mile
    Dumbell Squats 50 reps and Jumping Squats with 12lb Medcine Ball 50 reps
    Run/jog 1/4 mile
    Cleans with Barbells 100 reps (starting with 80 lbs, then lowering the weight with each 10 rep set and doing go back up in weight)
    Run/jog 1/4 mile
    Kettlebell Squats – One arm with 20lbs 100 reps (50 reps left, and 50 reps right)
    Run/jog 1/4 mile
    Dips – 100 reps both unassisted and assisted
    Run/jog 1/4 mile
    Bear Crawl – two 70 yard crawls (ouch)
    Done
    Now the whole goal is to keep going and not stop (kinda like the Bas routines).
    I try to incorporate some of the other lifts like deadlifts, pullups, crunches, etc). I’m trying to build more stamnia right now then strength since I’m already fairly strong for being 45 years old. I also do BJJ two times a week and Krav 3 times a week. I also try to run/jog 2 miles a least two times a week on days that I do not do this workout routine. I try to rest 2 days a week. It seems to be working. My stamina seems to be getting better.
    Dave

mara-jade

Since this thread got bumped up again.

I finally caved and got the Art of Strength Training Clinic DVD set since it was on sale. This set rocks! The first DVD is all instruction and it’s really broken down well. Progressions to exercises for tweaking your technique to troubleshooting. I ran through it and its really good.

I started the workout DVD on intermediate as I’ve been doing KB at Pete’s a awhile now. You can turn off Anthony so you can just get more workout. I”m still getting the hang of it but I’m really pleased with this set. I’m gonna be doing this at home to focus on classes at Pete’s I can’t do at home.

Definitely was worth getting now that KB’s aren’t a hard thing to find (used to be only online and the Bx had KBs)

Yeah Steve – I know..so I took a while to cave:D:

http://www.artofstrength.com/online-store/clinic-dvd.aspx

tech94

i started the P90X program sometime back. i plan to start again this mondayas i got derailed so to speak when my daughter was born, but i did have some great gains in strength, and lost several inches in the mid section. the program is well balanced, contains a variety of resistance exercises, as well as different cardio exer. included yoga and plyometrics. i was able to complete the 1st phase and all in all in the time i worked at it i really thought it was well thought out and put together. and no i’m not employed by beach body or any company of the sort, just a quick review of the prog

peterako

I love CrossFit!

Personally I do CrossFit Kids, which is a great alternative if you don’t have access to weights. While I’m sure most of you guys go to the gym, I figured I would throw it out there. I do the CFK WODs in my basement, which could be much more convenient for some to fit into their schedule.

garddawg

Funny. I program the CF Kids workouts. Glad you like them.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: