Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics What do you do after the fight?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    ffdo

I certainly wouldn’t shoot an unarmed man that was complying after I took the gun and had it pointed, but if it accidentally went off while I was in the process of taking it, oops……

Actually, once I had the gun, I would cuff the bad guy and call 911, but I know most people don’t walk around with cuffs. drop it in a mail box, bring it to the police station, take it down and throw the pieces in various places.

JC

anonymous

What if he tries to take the gun back while you are trying to cuff him? Sounds risky. Mail box is a good idea though, if I’m near one. Then I could go to the cops and tell them where I dropped the weapon and then they could retrieve it rather safely.

g-v

Re:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

What if he tries to take the gun back while you are trying to cuff him? Sounds risky.

It does, big time. I’d make some distance, tell him to hit the ground on his belly and put his hands on his head. Only then would I pull out the cellphone and dial 911. Screw the mailbox, I’m handing over that pistol to the cops and no one else.

ffdo

It is risky cuffing him, much less so if his adams apple is in the back of his throat……

JC

g-v

Re:

Well, you did say ‘complying’. With a crushed adams apple, he’d comply with you cuffing him through his eardrums. 😆

anonymous

Here’s an interesting article that addresses many of the questions in this topic:
    http://www.realfighting.com/1001/rs.htm

Very good info!

anonymous

I don’t usually carry a cell phone with me, so I couldn’t dial 911. I guess i would have to go with the mailbox, or try to conceal the gun as best I can and run straight home to call the cops there.

vicious

Depends… no witnesses, leave.

If there are and you leave, the person you just embarrised is the one who now gets to tell his side of the story to the cops first… not worth it.

I feel, if there are witnesses, you need to establish yourself as the good guy… Ask the witnesses, \”is everyone ok?\” by showing concern for their health they’ll start to associate you AS the good guy… Ask someone to call the police, (or an ambulance) and subtlety tell yourside to the eye witnesses first… people have a tendicy to believe what they hear first. Be polite and show concern fo the health of the person you just destroyed…

BTW i’m assuming you’ve pre-emptively struck the person… if not during the altercation verbalize that you want them to stop… basically scream \”STOP FIGHTING\”… or something to that extent… when the cops come odds are SOMEONE will have \”seen\”(heard) you \”breaking up\” the fight…

ffdo

Vicios hit the nail right on the head.

kmsf

Me: gun takaway then hit him using the gun as an impact weapon, step back tap it, rack it, make sure it’s working – put safety on, then point it at him and use my cellphone to call the cops explaining situation. If he runs away don’t shoot but give the cops the weapon with hopes of getting fingerprints.

g-v

Re:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

I don’t usually carry a cell phone with me…

You should. I was in a situation when I had to call the cops while driving because I was being harrassed by a group of dudes I thought were armed. I don’t know what would have happened if I didn’t have a phone with me, but I’m sure as hell glad I did. Carrying a cellphone is safety must, far as I’m concerned.

vicious

Putting the safety seems like a good idea… but unless you know where the saftey is for MOST type of hand guns… they are in different places… People have meant to hit the saftey and accidentally ejected the magazine lol

in reply to the initial question…

What i’d do if i \”beat the tar\” out of an attacker would depend on the context of the battle. If you can get out of there, do it. Don’t call the cops, an ambulance, or anyone else. When it comes to a physical altercation cops have a saying, \”one guy goes to the hospital, the other guy goes to jail.\” Essentially, you’ll be arrested for winning. Even if you are lucky enough to find a cop who’s sympathetic, he’s still going to document the incident. Later, when the guy who attacked you sues, he’ll get all the information on the police report. So now the criminal who just attacked you and is probably still pissed off about getting the \”tar\” beat out of him, knows where you and your family live.

If there’s no way to get out of there without being identified, then you have to stay. Just make sure you paint the most horrifying picture of the attack possible. Also, make sure you say next to nothing about the details of what you did to defend yourself. They’ll hang you with the details, especially if you mention something stupid about what you learned in Krav class.

\”No confession, no conviction.\”

\”Dead people don’t sue.\”

kravron

Too easy for criminals to sue anymore. Judges should throw that crap out the door. Personally congress needs to get off their butts and make laws that matter like….
    1) If a person is injured while in the process of committing a crime he forfiets his legal right to sue for injury.
    2) If a person is injured while committing a crime, charges such as assault or aggrivated assault will be waved against the defending victim.

I love florida’s laws. They have the best gun laws in the country. AND if a criminal attempts to sue you two things happen: a) Anything from the criminal case against him is admissible in court and b) If he loses, and most of them do, he has to pay all your court fees and lawyer fees.

Mmmm good laws. We should have Florida run the US. Congress is too concerned with passing pay raises for themselves and being political than providing representation for their people.

kravmdjeff

I’ve gotten out of four seperate potentially violent attacks by whipping out my cell phone. An attacker would have to have total disregard for any and all consequences to attack you while you’re dialing 911.

I actually think a cell phone is one of the best self-defense weapons out there.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: