Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics What is the monthly cost of your Krav Maga class?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    kravmdjeff

Am I the only one that finds this thread in bad taste?

andre

Why?

Re:

quote \”KravMDjeff\:

May I ask why??? You cannot make a statement like this without explaining yourself. ❓

sexybaldman

Re:

quote \”KravMDjeff\:

Yep, i would say you are the only one. I don’t see how a thread about KM fees is in bad taste. KMstudent wanted to get an idea of what other people pay and see what is the norm…

ryan

I don’t mind the topic, but inevitably someone comes away thinking they’re paying too much, even if they were perfectly happy before reading such a thread. This never makes sense to me. I would expect to pay more (or less) based on many factors that influence price in any service or retail industry.

If you are getting what you were promised, and you knew what the pricing was, and you are happy, how can you be paying too much?

andre

Jeff, at the end of the day, Krav students are still consumers, with the right to openly discuss what they spend their income on. Ryan is right, though, it can tend to be a slippery slope.

sexybaldman

Re:

quote \”Ryan\:

I don’t mind the topic, but inevitably someone comes away thinking they’re paying too much, even if they were perfectly happy before reading such a thread. This never makes sense to me. I would expect to pay more (or less) based on many factors that influence price in any service or retail industry.

If you are getting what you were promised, and you knew what the pricing was, and you are happy, how can you be paying too much?

Now that I can understand and fully agree with. I think the biggest factor in determining price is location. For us, KMStudend and myself, living in the DC area good instruction can get costly.

johnl-d11

I pay 40.. It’s normally 100 but I’m a TKD student there too (which is also 100 a month). So all together, 140 a month. This gives me access to 2 krav classes a week, 4 TKD classes, 7 kickbox aerobic, 2 sparring class, 2 grappling classes.

lor

Re:

JohnL ~ \”This gives me access to 2 krav classes a week, 4 TKD classes, 7 kickbox aerobic, 2 sparring class, 2 grappling classes.\”

…and a bottle of Advil. 😛

If I would of known that it was going to be this much of a big deal, I wouldn’t of made the post…..

Either way… It’s nice to know what type of service you are or should be getting for your money…. (end of story)…..

ryan

KMS, I don’t think it’s a \”big deal\”–it’s a legitimate question, but I’ve seen these threads deteriorate, as I indicated. No problem.

lor

Re:

KravMagaStudent ~ \”If I would of known that it was going to be this much of a big deal, I wouldn’t of made the post.\”

Boy, I know that feeling. Online conversations can take the darndest turns.

(I pay $85 monthly for class once a week, by the way.)

g-v

Boys, don’t make me come here and kick some crotch.

kravmdjeff

I’m the sales manager at our facility. Maybe it’s just that I have to continually remind myself, and others, that making a profit isn’t really what my job is all about. It’s about improving the quality of other peoples’ lives. I think I’m decent at my job because I keep that in view, not the \”bottom line\”.

Also, last week I helped to train the local Domestic Violence Center. If they refer clients, most likely they can’t pay the full rate, if at all. We’re offering them a certain number of free memberships. If anyone needs KM training, it’s them, and perhaps from my perspective it bothers me when anyone makes a decision to train or not train based upon $$$.

I mean, when I started Krav, both my wife and I were full-time undergrad students. We had to completely restructure our monthly budget to afford KM memberships. But how can you put a price on 1) Safety and 2) Health?

I would say anyone who doesn’t think they’re getting their money’s worth doesn’t understand what they’re being taught. And if that’s true, then what does it matter what people pay?

But if I’m in the minority on this issue (as it’s obvious I am) then disregard my concerns.

dkst

Come on, sales manager, not cocerned with bottom line, you’re fired.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: