Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    brewmasher

Re: What to expect?

I found a couple of pints of beer after the workout helps with the soreness the next day. I prefer unfiltered beer that is high in B vitamins.

kevinmack

Milk is probably the worst thing you could drink after working out hard. Dairy exacerbates inflammation if you have any injuries or strained anything the pain will be worse. I have chronic injuries some of which I cant do anything about and I walked around on a daily basis with some chronic pain stemming from inflammation(tendonitis,etc). I was never big on dairy but all that pain went away when I gave up dairy totally.
    Also…this isnt the most technical explanation but due to acidity levels in your body…in order for your body to metabolize anilmal protein it secrets calcium which is why the highest rates of osteoporosis are in countries with high dairy.meat ingestion. After a hard workout that places stress on your joints and bones milk is just a bad idea in general.

“It’s so damn hot out, milk was a bad choice!”

There is tons of recent research which points to milk being a great post workout drink. I listed only one from last year which was published by the University of Texas-Austin.

http://www.utexas.edu/news/2011/06/22/milk_studies/

Kevin you almost sound like your Lactose intolerant or at least Lactose sensitive, remember a decent percentage of the general population is lactose sensitive.

paco

quote brewmasher:

I found a couple of pints of beer after the workout helps with the soreness the next day. I prefer unfiltered beer that is high in B vitamins.

I found that after a good class if I drink anything with alcohol I get buzzed faster, since anything taken in is rushed out to the body quickly. Or it could be I was just too sore to lower the bottle :beer:.

kmyoshi

quote KevinMack:

Milk is probably the worst thing you could drink after working out hard. Dairy exacerbates inflammation if you have any injuries or strained anything the pain will be worse. I have chronic injuries some of which I cant do anything about and I walked around on a daily basis with some chronic pain stemming from inflammation(tendonitis,etc). I was never big on dairy but all that pain went away when I gave up dairy totally.
    Also…this isnt the most technical explanation but due to acidity levels in your body…in order for your body to metabolize anilmal protein it secrets calcium which is why the highest rates of osteoporosis are in countries with high dairy.meat ingestion. After a hard workout that places stress on your joints and bones milk is just a bad idea in general.

That’s very interesting. I heard something about chocolate milk being good post workout but I usually just drink a protein shake and coconut water during training. I guess I’ll stick to what I’ve been using.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: