Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Who here has had to use their KM on the street?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    garddawg

Sorry, I guess the buttons still don’t work.

clfmak

Its strange how in some encounters you have very little idea what happened.

atakrav

Fight…

Not sure if this was the Krav in me or the grappling, but I was hanging out at a friends house one night and this decided that it would be funny if he slapped me in the face, the first time he did it I told him he would need to leave the room or there was going to be a problem, the second time he did he did it he ran off, and I chassed him down the hall and punched him in the back of the head and he bent over, (He was 6’3, and im 5’4) and I jumped on his back and got into him into a rear naked choke, and we both fell over and then i kept punching him in the back of head… it was pretty fun, he was pissed as could be and I was just excited to get into some kind of physical conflict due to the rarety of being able to use any skill I have. Not a serious fight, but if i could of done it differently I probably wouldn’t have jumped on his back, I was punching him in the back of the head and when he leaned over i leaned over on him, and i guess that was my first reaction due to the Ju Jitsu, I don’t know. but I probably should have just kicked him right in the thigh, or in between the legs.

jl

street fighting and KM

atakrav,

1st time shame on him…..2nd time shame on you!

don’t let \”friends\” or chumps drag you into fighting. teach them to respect you and your knowledge. When he came back for the second slap, outside defenses, then joint manipulation should and could have stopped it right there. after he winced in pain and turned red from embarrassment, having a 5′ 4\” buddy make him piss himself might have been a better lesson.

atakrav

aah ya know

you know how it is, you can’t block everything…

It was a very quick slap, I couldn’t have blocked it if I tryed… probably just should have kicked him in the balls…

kravron

Couldnt block it ATA? I have a bunch of cars that need to be waxed at my house. You will come over tommorrow for training. Remember wax-on wax-off. Then I have a wooden floor for you to sand…..and a fense and a house for you to paint. I expect them all done by monday morning when I wake up 😆

jl

Re: aah ya know

quote \”atakrav\:

you know how it is, you can’t block everything…

It was a very quick slap, I couldn’t have blocked it if I tryed… probably just should have kicked him in the balls…

unfortunately, friends and even family will take advantage thinking you won’t or can’t stop a sneak attack. my own bro-n-law tried a slap of his own while we were playing golf. I caught the start of it in my periphial vision, blocked his swing and put him in an elbow lock…..made him say sorry I won’t do it again, then let him go. if your foolish buddy ever tries it again….make him remember he shouldn’t have.

atakrav

man so freakin funny…

clfmak

Shouldn’t these go in as examples in that striking vs grappling thread?

keeiii

Warming up for a basketball game. A friend of mine comes at me like he wants to play spare with me. He throws a right cross which I intercept and deflect with my left and at the same time punch right past his left ear hard and follow with a right round house and slightly touch his left knee. Then I stepped back a couple of feet. As heís still bouncing his head like were still fighting. I had to explain to him how that fight had gone for him. When I gave him the blow by blow, how the fight went for him his expression changed from fun to deep thought to nodding his head yes, ya you did just kick my ass. I then smiled and nodded yes
    So I have used Krav Maga for fun. But I have also have had dreams were Iím using Krav Maga for defense. Is that a little weird or what?

garddawg

Iíve had a couple of these, but this is the funniest and happened about 5 years ago.
    Kid comes into the gym. Heís about 18 ñ19 years old. Says he is a black belt in some kind of deadly style and he just wants to see what we are about. He takes a few classes and is always challenging my teaching. Saying he knows a better technique, etc. etc. Now this occasionally happens, but mostly itís done behind your back, this kid is fairly blatant and starts giving advice to the other students. So, we take him aside and talk with him, but it continues. The kid finally walks out onto the floor, in front of the class and says he can take me.
    I donít know why this pushed my buttons so much but it did. So I went and got my gloves and headgear. I tossed him the headgear told him to put it on. I said to him, ìWe are going to go for one minute. Youíre going bare knuckles, Iíll have gloves on. If you hit me even once you win, Iím only going to throw one punch.î I turned to my assistant instructor Jim and told him to ìTime us, tell me when 55 seconds is up.î Jim said go and the kid went nuts and tried to kill me. Inside defense and 360 degree defense saved the day and he didnít touch me. He also got very tired.
    Jim yelled out ì55 secondsî just as the kid threw a left. I came over the top with a right, nailed him on the button, and he DROPPED straight down onto the floor. I turned to the class and said ìWho wants to go nextî? There were no takers.
    I donít recommend this as a way of solving this kind of troublesome student, but the moment was classic.

clfmak

In the studio where I go, we often practice outside. A crazy homeless man started yelling and chasing people with this big stick. We made it a point to run away. Anyway, afterwards we went out to take an inventory of weapons that people left outside (there were all sorts of spears, swords, canes, sticks, daggers etc.). We wanted to make sure he wasn’t walking around with any weapons. Someone was missing a short stick, and the chief instructor pulled it out from his sleeve. Thats some practical martial arts. There has been several other incidents with sketchy characters.

ffdo

OK, I thought about posting this on the proud KM dad thread I started but fits better here…

My son, age eight was playing a pickup game of football. There were two brothers playing in the game that are known as bullies. The younger of the two, age eight, deciedes he didn’t like that my son got a touchdown and started choking him. Now, when I taught my son various choke defenses I never expected another eight year old to try and choke him. The attack was brutal enough to leave marks on my son’s neck so I feel what he did next was completely justified.

After being grabbed around the neck, my son instinctively fell back on his training. He raised his right arm, bringing the elbo down as he twisted and trapped the attackers arms. He followed with a hard elbow to the attacker’s nose, followed by a full straight kick to the groin and a punch to the face as the attacker went down. The fight did NOT go to the ground but the attacker finished there in a fetal position crying. His older and much bigger brother decieded it was NOT in his best interest to come to his brother’s aid at that moment. Now, while this level of violense is somewhat surprising in an eight year old I feel he was totally justified by another small kid trying to choke him.

He didn’t panic, he simply fell back on how he was trained, and frankly, I am proud of how he handled it. His only injury, the bruises on his neck. Aside from the initial choke, the attacker got in no other blows.

JC

anonymous

Great story, FFDO!!! I hope that’s a lesson learned for that bully kid!!

guerriere

Grabbed on the street

My only incident came six weeks into learning krav. It’s incredible, but I totally reacted in a krav way despite being so new. I was walking to work when a crazy homeless lady who had just walked past me ran back, grabbed my right arm and spun me around yelling \”How DARE you steal something from me!\” My right hand was in my coat pocket, and anyway she had a good grip of my good side, so I had to react with my left. I heel-punched her to the upper arm hard enough to knock her hand off my arm and I yelled back \”I didn’t take anything from you!\” as I ran off.

I didn’t even realize what had happened until half a block away. When I figured it out I couldn’t wait to e-mail my teacher! I had to give a big speech to about 300 people that day and instead of having to cover up a black eye (or worse) I was totally jazzed. Everyone at work wanted to know what that woman wanted, did she have a knife, etc., and thankfully I’ll never know.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: