Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    mnozzolini

Re: Will this work

First off I want to tahk all of you for your genuine concern for my daughter. Just so you all know, i have seen many lawyers, and they are basicaly telling me that unless i catch her with a crack pipe in her mouth, dont even bother unless she comes forward and says she has been hit and abused, which i have pleaded with her to take action, ive gone as far as telling her i would get her a new house in a new town and just vanish. Well obvisouly the answer to all my questions are NO or i wouldnt be at the point im at.

Secondly, no i do not think its roids, he gets liquid courage. Typical if you ask me.

i guess a question i should have asked is will this training help me to find a place to put all my pent up aggrivation, in class and such. I weight train 3 to 4 times a week and it is not enough.

quote mnozzolini:

Secondly, no i do not think its roids, he gets liquid courage. Typical if you ask me.

i guess a question i should have asked is will this training help me to find a place to put all my pent up aggrivation, in class and such. I weight train 3 to 4 times a week and it is not enough.

The answer to your question is YES……….. You will get an incredible workout and striking a bag is a great way to let out pent-up aggrivation. AND you will learn very valuable skills.

I thought I was in good shape when I started and my first class almost killed me.

It is common for 1st timers to chuck their cookies. It will be a different kind of workout than you are used to. I usually tell first timers to pace themselves.

But stick to KMWW or maybe IKMF schools, their instructors go through an incredible vetting process to be certified. There is a lot of info here about that.

Let us know how your first lesson goes.

CCB

dkatman

The Capt. said almost exactly what I was thinking word for word in his first post. It sounded like he was having some sort of roid rage and I think it could be a race to child protective services.

I am told in California, it is close to a race to see who might contact DCFS (The Department of Child and Family Services). It has been explained to me that the first report is looked at most seriously. This was told to me while me and my ex-wife were still married. She was and is a social worker in California for DCFS.

So, I am in the same boat that you are in the sense that I am a divorced man who has a daughter.

Your story really strikes a nerve with me because of that. People have already told you their own stories of growing up in abusive homes, whether they watched it or felt it. I am saying that if he had the nerve to hit her in front of you, he would hit her in front of the kids, when their front door is closed. You can’t know she hasn’t seen or experienced that. You make it sound like you have been threatened when going to see your child (or children, sounded like several kids there). I would personally make a call and ask the DCFS if you should be concerned. You have seen abuse in the home with your own eyes and you are fearful for the children. They can guess anything they want from there. You are being honest. If they see it as nothing, they have an initial report when he gets more comfortable and escalates. It never diminishes. My ex also used to counsel domestic violence offenders.

I also think Krav Maga is beneficial. But then again, I think it is beneficial for anyone and everyone. I do NOT think you should take it thinking there will be the one day when you should finally take him out. I do think you have the thought or fear that he is going to come after you someday. I know I have no desire to pick a fight with anyone. I also know that if someone were to blatantly attack me, no matter how overpowered and/or overmatched I am, I am in a better position for having learned ANYTHING from Krav Maga.

And should you learn self defense and feel strong and powerful, still don’t do anything to him. He just isn’t worth it. And you are teaching your kids that hitting people is wrong. You don’t teach them that by hitting people.

Good Luck,
    Dave

quote mnozzolini:

First off I want to tahk all of you for your genuine concern for my daughter. Just so you all know, i have seen many lawyers, and they are basicaly telling me that unless i catch her with a crack pipe in her mouth, dont even bother unless she comes forward and says she has been hit and abused, which i have pleaded with her to take action, ive gone as far as telling her i would get her a new house in a new town and just vanish. Well obvisouly the answer to all my questions are NO or i wouldnt be at the point im at.

It will definitely help vent your frustration. I am always much calmer and happier after Krav. It’s my therapy.

As for taking legal action, it’s of course your call to make.

I hope your ex wises up and dumps the jerk. Good luck.

bracius

quote InheritedAnArsenal:

I hope your ex wises up and dumps the jerk. Good luck.

Ditto that! I gave a little prayer for your daughter and your ex to get out. I hope fate swings your direction here soon. bow1

On the frustration thing… I admit from time to time it helps. But I have always had the view that releasing your frustration through physical exertion only serves to avoid what frustrates you. It can even lead to even greater frustration as you fail to address the premise of your frustrations.

Identifying it, address it, understanding it, and ultimately dealing with it is usually the best course of action. I should stress that this is never a quick fix. Basically hitting something doesn’t solve the problem. Krav isn’t therapy, its self-defense and an exercise on emotional discipline to yourself

stickfig13

quote mnozzolini:

A little brief background on me, Im a 30yo male who is seperated at the time. My wife, exwife, whatever, has a on again off again boyfriend who is heavily into jujitsu and like to throw his wieght around, not only to her, but likes to think he can intimidate me, and ufortunetly my daughter looks up to him for it. Now we have had our share of verbal spats, but one time he decided he was going to push her around infront of me then spit on me as she begged me to leave. I have been fascinated with Krav Maga since i saw it on Discovery chanell, but i guess Im wondering if it would be something that would help in this situation if this looser decides he is going to try something again.

Get a higher authority involved….

Until then…..Just man up and stand up for yourself and your daughter. He sounds like he’s a “tough guy”. Usually those type of characters are more bark than bite.

What is he going to do?? Slap and armbar on you..!!!??

kirsten

OK… I would not worry about “man’n up” because you already have. Just document everything and see about meeting the ex on common ground to pick up and drop off your daughter. Make sure she sees from dad how she and other women should be treated. She will look for those qualities that you give her when she finds a partner one day.

Join a class so you can vent some frustrations and tell your ex when she complains to you that although you understand she needs to vent, she needs to do it to someone that can help her, like the authorities or the domestic violence hotline.

When you see the bruises or she tells you he assaulted her, you need to journal that info… again, I can’t stress the importance of dates, times, and details.

Keep your chin up, your trying to do the right thing.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: