Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    jburtonpdx

I did post some sarcasm earlier but here is the real post.

The training was long and there was lots of it. All of it was top-notch. John, James, and Jeff are all great instructors. Both myself and my wife went, we are both still trying to process all of the information.

I hope there are even more people next year and that James does not get hurt….

davide

I was there too, but I had nothing to do with the drinking on the Ski Train 😉

The entire experience was fantastic… James, thanks for hosting, man, you are awesome, John, what can I say, very few people represent Krav Maga like you do, it’s an immense pleasure and it reminds me of how proud I am to be involved… Jeff, this was my first time at your seminar, first rate I must say, I’d do it again anytime, but next time I’ll have to bring a dictionary with me

I’ll be back next year, no doubt, and I’m bringing staff/students with me, everyone should experience what I’ve experienced.

Summer Camp is next I hear, see you all there

jburtonpdx

Yeah I think that Summer Camp is going to be a must this time…. Wonder if the T-Shirts will be as cool as the winter camp ones…

anonymous

I just hope they are going to advertise for next year’s Winter Camp in advance.

Sounds like a lot of fun. I’d like to check out the \”Oh, shit!\” runs. If it’s too bad, you can always slide down sideways (or tumble down, like a little avalanche)!

I like the idea of training in different types of clothing. You just never know when those terrorists will take over a mountain resort. I wonder if Osama likes to ski…

Summer Camp sounds like fun, too, but it’s usually pretty expensive and no skiing. 😥

By the way, does Jeff Jimmo compete in MMA tournaments? Or is he just teaching? Or both?

kmcat

Instead of the Downhill skiing, they should have some lung busting, leg cramping cross-country skiing!

Here is my two cents worth for this awesome winter camp. It was my first time attending a camp like this and it worth every penny! Friday night and Saturday afternoon with Jeff was some of the best sport fighting training I have ever had. Jeff helped me correct a few small mistakes that I was making and it has made a big difference! And what can I say about training with John, WOW that was awesome. The advanced gun and knife training was great, but the cold weather training was even better. I did not train with James, but I did watch the class. And just by watching, I was able to learn several valuable things regarding higher force situations.

I will defiantly be at the summer camp as well as next yearís winter camp. The expense minor compared to the experience that you gain. James, thank you for opening up your school to us and the great hospitality you and your staff showed us all. You really are a class act. I hope your knee heals quickly, but more importantly completely.

kravjeff

Training with James, Shannon and their staff on a regular basis I guess I’m a bit spoiled … But I have to say that Winter Camp was a cut above …

Working with John Whitman was fantastic! His knowledge of KM coupled with his teaching style /ability is second to none. Ditto for Jeff Jimmo – I had the pleasure of meeting Jeff for the first time a few months ago in San Antonio but this was the first time I’d been taught by him – His teaching, wit and humility are absolutely inspiring!!! (Jeff – I’m working those new defenses in fight class – Think I have everyone who wasn’t there confused!! 😉 ) I can’t wait to work with both again.

James H has outdone himself this time – The \”Higher Force Option\” seminar was fantastic!!! Being a part of this school is truly and honor and a priviledge – Excellent instructors and great people!

Don’t miss next year !!!

La Rev – Missed you being there! Was looking forward to meeting …

kravmdjeff

Mr. Whitman, could you please eschew obfuscation regarding Jimmo? The superfluous verbiage in your post intones quite a hyperbolic tableau of Jeff Jimmo’s edificatory enterprises.

anonymous

\”superfluous verbiage\”? 😯 Dude, you got an e-mail coming… 🙁 😆

jamesh-d30

Shannon and I want to sincerely thank all of you who attended the Winter Camp 2007 Training. We had SUCH a good time meeting new people from other schools here in Colorado and around the Country and even Canada. Everyone trained hard, and many train-ed even harder on Sunday! We really hope all of our out-of-town guests got the most out of the training and got to experience some of the great Colorado outdoors while you were here.

John Whitman and Jeff Jimmo, two World Class instructors and even better people, held nothing back in their seminars. There are 40-somthing people that are safer, stronger, and more confident for having met them. Thank you both soooo much and oh yah, Winter Camp 2008 is ON! (Giant meatballs included for Jeff of course)

To those instructors that trained in the Expert 3 Instructor Training; John H, Troy, Davide, Chris, and of course Shannon, you were all awesome and it was a pleasure to train with you. I hope you enjoyed fighting with 20% less Oxygen than at sea level!

At the risk of getting banned, a quick advertisement for next years campÖ. (pay attention GK, I hope this is enough advanced notice) 😀
    Itís tentatively set for the same weekend; February 22nd, 23rd, and 24th 2008. Weíve already booked TWO full private Club Cars on the Ski Train for that weekend so we can take 70 of our closest friends with us. Weíll start selling packages sometime in November (early bird pricing). Weíre already really looking forward to meeting even MORE of the Krav Maga Family from around the world. See you all next year!

anonymous

Well, yeah, anything is better than hearing about it the day AFTER! 😥 😉

Do you think there’ll be a special hotel for out-of-town KMers? It could be in a bad neighborhood, that would only give us that many more ways to practice…

How about transportation? Maybe all NTCers could get a ride in the big corporate KMAA jet. You know, the one with the big KM sign and the portraits of John and Darren on the wings. Well, at least I THINK they have one of those. 8)

jamesh-d30

We have deals with several hotels in the area, ranging from 4-star goodness to ‘kill you own dinner’.

i regularly find airfare from LAX to DEN/DEN to LAX for under $200. The corporate jet is currently being used by Bon Jovi.

anonymous

Bon Jovi? 😯 What’s he doing on our corporate jet? Is he a KM man? Damn, that’s too bad. But maybe John will let us poor NTCers hitch a ride in his corporate car then, not quite as luxurious, but if it gets us there… By the way, I know how to change a tire, so that could come in handy. Oh, and I’m not bad with a shovel either, in case we get stuck in a snow storm. 8)

As for hotels, I’d be leaning toward the four star goodness, but my pocketbook might lead me to select the \”kill your own dinner\” one. It’s all right – a bit of additional shooting practice has never hurt anyone, least of all an avid KM practitioner. 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: