Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    ryan

I, too, consider Darren to be a dear friend (I’m currently working closely with him on an exciting project), and I’ll be the first to step up and defend him (not that he needs it.) That said, I’m really sick of all the senseless bashing and backbiting. What does it serve? Ours is a very small world, and the MA community is even smaller (not to mention the KM community.)

I simply think the negative energy spent on such foolishness is a waste. I have no problem with welcoming people here of other backgrounds, philosophies, etc. If they become disrespectful, then we can deal with it. Otherwise, most of this comes off as rather unprofessional and sophomoric.

Just my opinion…

mara-jade

Re: "With open arms…"

Thanks Ryan – well said:)

You know – that’s cold man. Having said that and in the same sentence torture people about ‘some exciting new project’. That’s just wrong.rofl2 You wouldn’t care to clue us in, kind sir, would you?:D

la-revancha

*shock*

The festive, “new testament” Ryan! Right in time for holidays.

You were missed in Santa Monica this weekend. Hope to see you soon, dude!

ryan

MJ, the project is exciting to me, so I’m just being a bit selfish. 😉

I wish I could have been there last week, but it just wasn’t in the cards. See you in CO?

oldkravdude

This “ignorant” wasn’t trying to be negative. This is Krav Maga Worldwide’s forum. I will defend Krav Maga Worldwide and Darren. If someone who has put the mouth on both of those things comes to this forum I will call them on it. Should I play in the happy world? Probably. I am only human – I do appolgize to anyone whom I’ve offended.

mara-jade

quote Ryan:

MJ, the project is exciting to me, so I’m just being a bit selfish. 😉

I wish I could have been there last week, but it just wasn’t in the cards. See you in CO?

I wish I could – would love to meet y’all sometime:D. I’ll be content with Darren coming here in Aprilthumbsup

ryan

You weren’t trying to be negative? Man, I hate to see if you actually tried.

I never called you ignorant, though “calling someone out” on an internet forum, well…

Anyway, I’m not offended. I just don’t see the point. Mike has said things in the past, as many have on both sides. He didn’t do it in this case, and perpetuating the nonsense just doesn’t make sense, and in my opinion, it shines a poor light on us.

jl

OKD likes to stir the pot. doesn’t mean anyone cares, just another follower, when the world needs leaders. But I guess that’s what followers do, “stir the pot”. they seem to forget that someone besides them made it so they can “stir the pot”

mara-jade

OKD, JL – PLEASE FOLKS..NOT AGAIN 🙁 . Y’all aren’t helping AT ALL. Insults and stabbing at old wounds do NOTHING.

la-revancha

quote Ryan:

Mike has said things in the past, as many have on both sides. He didn’t do it in this case, and perpetuating the nonsense just doesn’t make sense, and in my opinion, it shines a poor light on us.

Agreed.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

Oh… Sorry… That probably didn’t help, did it? 😛

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

And before we all start jumping on each other and people start getting injured

Lets all take a deep breath, in through the nose let it out through the mouth………..

Moving on to the next exorcize.

(or for those of you who don’t get my colorful metaphor, end this before people get time outs)

g-v

quote downforlife76:

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

Oh… Sorry… That probably didn’t help, did it? 😛

I think Old Krave Dude and that Mike Lee Kanarek fella outta duke it out. 😀
    Seriously though, I checked out Kanarek’s stuff before and it seemed pretty cool, so it sux that he’s gone. Some of youz could’ve been more welcoming to him, yup yup. Mike, if you’re reading this, you outta come back.

I am generally in agreement, as I stated before, life is just too short. However, that being said, it was just two or three weeks ago that this guy was slandering Darren on his forum. I’ve never met the man, and I’m sure he’s a wonderful teacher, but when you attack my friends you attack me. I would feel the same way if someone was badmouthing Revancha, Blue, CJ’s Dad, or any other member of MY family. Am I going to engage in ridiculous internet namecalling? No. Am I going to welcome him like a brother? Not a chance. Am I going to be courteous and not make OUR forum look bad? Yes. I would encourage everyone else to do the same. In the end though, these are just my opinions. You know what they say about opinions, right? So, If you guys want to have a big peace party on the forum, knock yerselves out. I’ll stand watch with my mouth shut.

quote La Revancha:

Agreed.

Nobody cares what you think, Christian. :wav:

Do I need to drain the ear again?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: