Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    la-revancha

Re: "With open arms…"

Not to hijack again, but maybe….

4th time’s the charm!!

blindfold

I have always tried to keep my mind open to learning, even from people I don’t like.

I have worked with some great people and learned alot. I have worked with some scumbags and have learned more.

We don’t have to be “friends” and start filming a sitcom, but what we can learn from each other may benefit everyone.
    thumbsup

vwr32

quote blindfold:

We don’t have to be “friends” and start filming a sitcom
    thumbsup

Even if we did, there’s no video section to post it in anyway. :angry:

:wav:

oldkravdude

Damn, ya ‘all. I merely stated that I didn’t believe that we should all be one big happy family with someone who has slandered our organization and Darren. Wow, aren’t we allowed to differ in opinion? Name calling and “they oughta fight” – wow. I’ll keep my opinions to myself from now on. Ryan, Mike called me an ignorant, not you. You disagree with me, that’s cool. I’m a big boy. Sorry to be such a trouble maker.

ohskigod

quote OldKravDude:

Name calling and “they oughta fight” – wow. .

well, fighting over this would be wrong and inapropriate………….but perhaps a friendly roshambo match? 🙂

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Theres nothing wrong with having an opinion in fact I think its encouraged however personal attacks by members of the community on outsiders here on this forum would be lowering ourselves to the level that it was taken to on other forums.

I think we have all seen how fast a conversation can become heated and quickly deteriorate into meaningless mudslinging that ultimately accomplishes nothing but making the participants look foolish.

While I understand that we are all just human it would be nice to think we have a little better standard around here.

But hey what do I know I’m just a hot head with my finger poised on the “closed” button.

unstpabl1

That was just sad. Really disappointing. Nice post Ryan. And my post count is perfect so I’m not posting anymore 🙂

giant-killer

My welcome to Mike was done with a wink, because he just banned me from his forum for asking some innocent questions… 🙁 All good, though. I suppose he was still mad at me for defending Darren and a KM article he had blasted on his old forum…

That said, he came here only to clarify some things that had been said about him and I think he should definitely have the right to so do. If you allow one opinion, you also got to allow the other.

I agree all of this infighting is silly. I met or have talked to several different Israeli KM instructors over time, some of which don’t like (or even hate ? 🙁 ) each other. But then when you meet them individually, they are all the nicest people and as an outsider to the feud you are wondering why they can’t find a way to all get along. As a student, you can learn from all of them.

psyops

Are you kidding me?

Guys I hate to tell you this but KMWW has thrown plenty of mud in its own right. Does this make things right? No. Darren does not need to be defended. The guy is awesome. Anyone who denies this is insane. Mike Karanek is a very good instructor by all accounts. We should be way more secure about our system. I mean KMWW is Krav Maga in America. No doubt about it. Mike comes in here and he should be respected. If Darren has a problem with Mike let Darren handle it. He is more than capable. Just my opinion.

g-v

quote OldKravDude:

Damn, ya ‘all. I merely stated that I didn’t believe that we should all be one big happy family with someone who has slandered our organization and Darren. Wow, aren’t we allowed to differ in opinion? Name calling and “they oughta fight” – wow. I’ll keep my opinions to myself from now on. Ryan, Mike called me an ignorant, not you. You disagree with me, that’s cool. I’m a big boy. Sorry to be such a trouble maker.

Now now, I was just joshin about the fight thing.

kravmdjeff

quote La Revancha:

*shock*

The festive, “new testament” Ryan! Right in time for holidays.

Anyone for an acapella verse of “Silent Night”? Anyone?

mara-jade

quote KravMDjeff:

Anyone for an acapella verse of “Silent Night”? Anyone?

Nah, enough Xmas music – how about Cumbaya:D:. Personally, I’m jammin to Nickelback:wav:.

Really though folks – can we just let the mudslinging go, even just until Xmas? Y”all don’t wanna scare off newbies do you? Honestly, if y’all see my profile, I joined awhile back but seeing some of the ‘ahem’ discussions, that made me hesitant to post.

psyops

Nickleback?

What about Audioslave? I am bumping Led Zepplin right now! “Been dazed and confused for so long its not true, when did a woman ever bargain for you, lots of people talk but few of them know, the soul of the woman was created below”………

That is great music!

mara-jade

quote Psyops:

Nickleback?

What about Audioslave? I am bumping Led Zepplin right now! “Been dazed and confused for so long its not true, when did a woman ever bargain for you, lots of people talk but few of them know, the soul of the woman was created below”………

That is great music!

Gotta check my stash – think I do:D:. Also have Cold, Breaking Benjamin, Saliva, etc.:):

gwalsh-d92

I usually go “old school” when I teach: Dio, Slayer, Sabbath, Nugent, Rainbow…

(CJs Dad, Like how we diverted this thread?)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: