Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    kravmaga-guy

I Work 12 Hour Shifts So I Dont Get As Much Class Time I Would Like. Does Anybody Have Any Good Work Out Routines For Krav Like Striking Drills Or Anything At All I Can Do By Myself? I Have A Decent Cardio Work Out So I Just Need More Practice In Krav Drills Or Anything To Keep My Skills Sharp? Thanks In Advance For Any Suggestions!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: Work Outs

OK all together now- BAS CD’s

A ton of us here in the forums use them its a great training tool!

kravmaga-guy

Thanks Great Suggestion And Im Gonna Get Them But Is There Anything Anyone Else Does ?

Get a free-standing bag and work on your techniques at home. I’m a slow learner, so I always have to go home after class and work on what I learned for about an hour a day and it helps a lot.

J-

kpalena

One that I use when I have not been able to train for a while is to do striking circuits on a heavy bag. I set up a couple combinations like:

Jab-cross
    Jab-cross-hook
    Round kick-elbow-#4elbow
    jab-cross-left kick-jab-cross-right kick

something like that. Then I do a circuit with minimal rest (5-15 seconds) 1rep, 2 reps, 3 reps all the way up to 10, then I count down. After 4 circuits through 4 different combos I am preety wiped…. Come up with your own stuff and you will be fine. Bas’ CD is awesome also.

bradm

I use a free-standing bag and the Bas CDs. I haven’t dont them in a couple years since moving to Florida. I finally broke out the CD’s and bag this past week. Yesterday I started with the Thai boxing CD, track 1 which is two minute rounds with a one minute rest in between. I done the whole 10 (two minute) rounds. Did not feel too tired so I decided to try track 2, which is 3-minute rounds with 1-minute rest. I finished all seven rounds. I was tired but not exhausted, like I thought I should be. I thought to my self, I can’t be in that good of shape right now. Then I read the instructions that come with the CDs. Darn! No wonder I wasn’t that tired – I had left out the kicks that are required after each combination. I done all the knee strikes, but I forgot about the kicks. That broke my fitness bubble real fast. Next time I’ll add the kicks, bet I won’t be able to do as many rounds then.

raneman

I just started using the Bas CDs and man that is a good hellish workout. One of the things that is also helping me is I went and got focus mits and my girlfriend holds them for me for various combos. For my defenses(the ones I know so far) I give my g/f my gloves and she tries to punch me and all I do is defend(she isn’t a trained fighter or boxer so it helps because her punches go wild sometimes). Maybe find a friend or partner away from class that can help you with little things like that. I know this sounds weird but I also get down in a pushup position and chase my terrier around the house trying to knock him down. Soo much harder than a workout partner, he loves it and it is a fun, intense workout.

Be creative and have fun

leejam99

try the all around fighting track….the sprawls, the sprawlsssss!!!

quote Raneman:

go wild sometimes). I know this sounds weird but I also get down in a pushup position and chase my terrier around the house trying to knock him down. Soo much harder than a workout partner, he loves it and it is a fun, intense workout.

Be creative and have fun

Moving in the front leaning rest is a pain, but a GREAT core workout. Especialy if you are keeping your back straight the entire time…. Ouch!!! I like that idea!

J-

bradm

quote leejam99:

try the all around fighting track….the sprawls, the sprawlsssss!!!

Oh Yeah!! “Defense and stay down” —” left, right, left, right…….”

kpalena

“remember ef yor nut tired do some puush uups”….rigth Bas.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote kpalena:

“remember ef yor nut tired do some puush uups”….rigth Bas.

On a side note, I was training with La Rev the other night and he was calling out combos doing his Bas impersonation like off the tapes. I was laughing so hard I kept stopping mid combo begging him to stop because I couldnít focus.

He’s got the Bas voice down cold.

resqr1

Where can I get the Bas cd’s?

ryan
    oneness

Since the Bas MMA workouts are being discussed, I wanted to let you all know that Bas will be coming out with a 2nd MMA workout this coming year.

You must know the first MMA workout really well in order to be able to do the 2nd workout. Even then, it will be tough.

All the workouts will be 30 minutes, same as the other. They will not only work your body but your mind.

They are going to be crazy!

I will let you know the release date.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: