Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Would you like fries with your McWhoopass

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    kravjeff

Can’t speak for everyone, but I certainly wasn’t blaming the vic for what happened – Just wishing he’d have been more aware so that he either wasn’t attacked, or that he could have taken steps to defend himself. I hate to see innocents attacked.

It’s nice to have James’ experienced voice offering ideas on how to avoid the situation (all three great ideas, I’m partial to the State Patrol comment :D) as opposed to hearing (especially my comments) about how we would have kicked the guy’s a$$ … Thanks James.

Incidentally, I just applied for a concealed carry permit so it’s been on my mind — I probably need to reserve my firearm comments for another forum.

Anyway, I couldn’t agree more. Paranoia, if not paralyzing, is healthy – Since I began training, people close to me think I’m a bit crazy as well because of how attentive I am to people and situations.

BTW James – Would that be \”Iran\” or \”I ran\” ??? 😉

maskedkat

Re:

quote \”JamesH\:

What would you do without being too paranoid? How about stepping back and saying, ìhay man, why donít you go firstÖI canít decide what I wantî
    Or ìDamn, left my wallet in the carÖbe right backÖî
    Or my favorite ìCrapÖhow long does it take State Patrol to get here anyway? That guy I ran over canít be feeling to good right now..î

In this day and age, the word Paranoid should be replaced with ‘hightend state of awareness’.

Also note that if you take the Doap out of ‘paranoid’ youre left with ‘iran’.

Good question and good responses! I like the state patrol one best….

Many years ago, when I was in grad school and had no car and walked everywhere or took buses, I developed that heightened awareness/paranoia. I firmly believe it saved my life on at least 3 occasions. One time I was waiting (late afternoon) for a bus. Two teen girls who had been walking on the other side of the street turned around and sat at the bus stop with me. I got a \”weird vibe\” and when one asked if I had a cigarette (I said no) THEN asked if I had a light (to light what, if she didn’t have a smoke?) I \”suddenly remembered I forgot something\” and went back into the building. I figure they wanted me to get my bookbag within easier ripping-off distance. Who knows what would’ve happened? Getting home a little later with my ass intact was worth it.

I always trust my gut. 99% of the time I don’t get that \”weird vibe\” from people, so those rare occasions when I do, I figure there is a reason.

Take the \”pain\” out of paranoid and you’re left with \”road.\” ?????

kravjeff

😯

Take the road out of paranoid and you’re left with PAIN …

(The previous announcement was officially endorsed by the Running Shoe Association of America – RuSAA – and does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of …)

😀

Couldn’t resist …

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: