Go Back   Krav Maga Worldwide™ Israeli Self Defense Forums > Krav Maga Worldwide Forums > KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books

Notices

KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books A forum for a discussion of Krav Maga Techniques & Scenerios

Old 03-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
n8swag

Default Karambit?

Hi, does krav maga have any techniques for using a karambit? I've seen knives used for cqc, but as of now not any karambits! :)
n8swag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
CJs Dad
Administrator

Default Re: Karambit?

Not per-say

The Karambit is mine and several other instructors personal carry of choice. We all have the Emerson because of the wave feature and ease of deploy. I teach it to fellow instructors as part of my knife material but its not “official” KM material.

With the Karambit you really need to get comfortable with the deploy being 2nd nature from there just think block and instead of punch its deploy/strike same target area as the punch would have been.

Theres other stuff but you get the jist of it. Your welcome to pm me if you have any specific technique questions.

Sean

But hey, thats just me.
CJs Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
stuartf

I'm not aware of any, but I'm only level 2 so far. I'd be surprised to find anything specifically for it in Krav since the origins are so different... Krav from Europe/Israel and Karambit from Java. I don't see any reason that Krav principles couldn't be applied to it though. We have stuff for knives as well as improvised weapons.
stuartf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
Don
Force
Instructor
Force Training Division

Well, KM is principle based and IMO, the principle with a karambit is the same as with any other edged weapon - the sharp pointy end goes in the other guy...
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:16 AM   #5
n8swag

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartf View Post
I'm not aware of any, but I'm only level 2 so far. I'd be surprised to find anything specifically for it in Krav since the origins are so different... Krav from Europe/Israel and Karambit from Java. I don't see any reason that Krav principles couldn't be applied to it though. We have stuff for knives as well as improvised weapons.
That's true... it doesn't really have a special technique I guess. It's kinda a basic knife fighting technique.
n8swag is offline   Reply With Quote