Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Krav Maga Book Release Date

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    la-revancha

There is only ONE El Guapo….

BTW, Sr. Whitman, my BJJ buddy was impressed with the book! Kudos to you and Sr. Levine.

giant-killer

\”El pelon\”, rather… 🙂 But, hey, Bas pictures might have been nice and how about some Amir while we are at it? Talk about \”el guapo\”… 😆

veganmark

Woo Hoo,

Got my book on Monday and I’m stoked. Haven’t had a chance to read it as I have about five others to read before it. No worries though. I photo read and will get to it by Saturday night.

giant-killer

A book a day, huh? That’s the spirit! 😀

hollywood

GREAT BOOK!!! GREAT JOB PUTTING IT TOGETHER.

whatever

Hi. Just got my book from Amazon. On my scale the book is 80%. Some parts are very OK, some techniques I find problematic. But I can tell, it was a big project. Anyway, I sure the discussion will go on…:)

stevetuna

This book is fantastic.

From the dedication to Marni, to the foreword by Bas Rutten (can’t you just hear him speaking as you read it? He cracks me up!), to the excellent description of what Krav Maga is and how Imi developed it through life-or-death situations, this book is the definitive guide to all things Krav.

I suffered a slight eye injury this week, so hard training is out for a couple of more days. Thanks to the book, I can stop and review individual techniques, avoiding down time.

Great stuff, this book. The only problem is that it eliminates any built-in excuses I might have had when I get a technique wrong…

whatever

stevetuna,

I disagree. The book is very good, but far from fantastic. There are some problems, but again, still useful guide.

vwr32

Re:

quote \”whatever\:

stevetuna,

I disagree. The book is very good, but far from fantastic. There are some problems, but again, still useful guide.

Very good, but not fantastic? You said it had some \”very ok\” parts a couple of posts back. Also, you didn’t challenge the \”great book\” comment.

🙄

To split hairs: to make distinctions of useless nicety
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/To+split+hairs

nit-pick?ing: minute and usually unjustified criticism
    http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/nit-picking

Maybe stevetuna finds the book fantastic because he’s a better reader? Now I’m going to have to get one to see if it’s fantastic or simply \”very ok\” in parts. I’m glad it has pictures tho, as I’m not a very good reader. I might only find it \”somewhat superb\” unless I can find someone capable of reading it to me. And it definitely won’t come close to supercalifragilisticexpialidocious unless it has a retractable blade built into the spine on one end, and a pop-out reading light on the other so I can fight in the dark.

As much as I enjoy the debates… this one ranks up there with the most useless. lol. Thanks for the laugh. 😆

whatever

vwr32,

Well, although english is second language for me, but I guess very good is not fantastic. But I am glad I found Professor Higgins…

The point is, there are way to much KM book now on the market. This is OK, as I said, 80% on my scale. Not fantastic.

But again, nice talking to you.

vwr32

Re:

quote \”whatever\:

Well, although english is second language for me, but I guess very good is not fantastic. But I am glad I found Professor Higgins…

The point is, there are way to much KM book now on the market. This is OK, as I said, 80% on my scale. Not fantastic.

We’re splitting hairs about what somone thought of the book. You say 80% isn’t fantastic, only really good. That’s silly imo. Now if he had said \”really really fantastic\”, where would that fall on your scale? Is fantastic 95%, 100%? Really good is only 80%? I could see a debate open up if someone said the book was 100% flawless concerning techniques and photographic endeavors…. but correcting someone that it is not fantastic, only \”very good\”?

All this isn’t worth the effort to discuss… just know for future reference if I say something is \”fantastic\”, it means I really, really, really like it. That doesn’t imply I’m claiming it to be the BEST EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!1!!!!, just that I like it.

My instructors are fantastic. The movie Snatch was fantastic. The workout I just finished in a 96 degree garage was fantastic. Getting ready to go to a fantastic sushi bar. In each case, they are my opinions and really not open for debate. People are free to point out there are better instructors, movies, workouts, and places to workout… but then those are their opinions.

You’ve come up with a grading scale for what amounts to someone else’s opinion and there’s no way to quantify what \”word\” is appropriate for what percentage of \”your\” scale. I just saw the whole conversation as argumentative… in any language.

No harm done. 😀

stevetuna

What I intended to convey is that the book put out by Mr. Levine and Mr. Whitman is the best Krav Maga book out there until Mr. \”Whatever\” writes his inspiring tome, of course…

Whatever… 🙄

johnwhitman

Crikey! Let’s all focus on more important things.

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”johnwhitman\:

Crikey! Let’s all focus on more important things.

😛 Yeah V , like how disgusting Sushi is 😆

vwr32

Re:

quote \”unstpabl1\:

😛 Yeah V , like how disgusting Sushi is 😆

You wouldn’t believe the number of people who started out saying the same thing, and now they’re hooked. A little raw fish makes you strong. 😛

\”The unexamined life is not worth living.\”
    -Socrates

If you want disgusting, you should see what I have for breakfast during the work week. Mustard greens (sometimes collard greens) cooked in a little olive oil, salmon mixed in, fresh jalapenos, dried red peppers, and re-hydrated shiitake mushrooms. Wow, that’s some powerfully nasty stuff… so hot I have to stand once in a while and pace the room between bites. There’s also a side of quinoa with onions and six ounces of Bossa Nova Acai juice chasing a scoop of BSN’s Syntha-6 protein in milk. I think of it as being equally as brutal as krav. Maybe I could do a krav diet book lol.

Sushi? Piece of cake. 😉

But I’m betting when Mr Whitman said we should focus on more important things, he wasn’t creating a lead-in for a discussion on the tastiness of sushi lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 141 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: