Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    clfmak

I did some sparring with a bunch of people at the North County Fight Club on Saturday. Here’s one video where I’m sparring a guy with a wrestling and MMA background. I spent most of my time avoiding close range because I figured he would be better at the clinch and ground (pretty much everybody was). I’m the guy with the white shirt:
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1928379975

anonymous

Can you put it on youtube? 😀

bradm

Pretty neat. Looks like some pretty steady light sparring. Not trying to kill each other. I like it. Good work out too I bet.

kravmdjeff

I’m surprised when he saw that you were so comfortable with kicking that he didn’t focus on closing distance and taking you down. Was he trying to work on his stand-up game?

clfmak

The match he had before sparring me was with this old kempo guy, and every time he tried to attack he would end up eating strikes. This might have made him a bit less aggressive. Also he was trying to set up his takedowns with punches up high, and I would usually circle backwards and away so the range wasn’t right. If he really wanted to he probably could have gotten a lot more takedowns.

anonymous

Are you that \”Man of the street\” guy, or is that someone else?

clfmak

That’s me.

anonymous

Cool, check it out some more then. Couldn’t see the video, though. It’s not on youtube somewhere?

vicious

CLF you look really really young. I mean that in a good way.

How did you feel on the ground?

clfmak

I feel fine on the ground. That doesn’t mean that I’m good when it gets there. I don’t spazz out and start expending lots of energy, but maybe I could use a little more of that. I was trying to switch positions so I could get up whenever it went to the ground (it happened several times that day, but not in the clip).

quote :

CLF you look really really young. I mean that in a good way.

I also weigh more than I look.

vicious

i wasn’t trying to imply that you weren’t good on the ground. i was just curious.

clfmak

I’m not good on the ground, except against people with no experience. Then I do awesome.

unstpabl1

Man your young. I got tired just watching 😆 Good stuff. Gotta respect ya for going and putting the show on the net. Looked like a pretty good place to train. So what did you learn? Did he ever work on the ground with you? you got that strong wirey build, you’d be great with grappling. Great job. Good to put a face to a friend 🙂
    mike

clfmak

What did I learn? In a different match with someone else that day, I learned the merits of age and treachery.

anonymous

Treachery? Against whom? By the way, I thought you were older, too, you seem to be one of the wiser guys on the forum. But only recently discovered the good taste of beer, huh?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: