Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Attacked on a train….

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    dkst

I’m level one so it leaves me with some questions. I do agree it looks like the guy he beats off screen was laughing about the whole situation and probably didn’t see it becoming a fight.

Now, with this kind of aggresion what would be the best way to stop some one swinging so rapidly. I would think that a kick when someone is close would knock you off balance.

Here is what I would hope for and what I would do. After a push like he gave the two guys on the side, I would get my hands up and get in the proper fighting stance. I noticed that his punches were all haymakers, he didn’t stay tight, as much as I hate to say from our other conversations, I did see crotch wide open. Any ways, I would think the best way to take this guy out would be head on. I haven’t been taught this, but it looks like if when he swings and keeps coming if you got the block, a head but to the face would drop him or at least stop his forward motion. If I were to get that reaction, I would then use a roundhouse kick to the knee and destroy his skateboarding for a long time. Of course, not being trained on the ground, it looks like this guy would go there. Any suggestion to avoid the ground.

Now loving skateboarding I wouldn’t be in this mess in the first place.

siayn

Re:

quote \”Ryan\:

His aggressiveness was great, but what probably \”did it\” was his half-ass \”opponents\”, who didn’t really want to fight. 😉

Yeah, but this is kind of a chicken and egg argument. If there was some 4’5\” scrawny nerd with glasses I bet those four jocks would have loved the opportunity to fight. The fact that Mike is big, intimidating, and shows aggression might be the very reason they don’t want to fight. Unfortunately there is no way to know either way.

Someone needs to build a mind-reading device into the internet. Would help alot.

ryan

It’s no chicken/egg argument at all. In this instance, which is what we’re discussing, they didn’t want to fight. For whatever reason, it’s obvious they weren’t ready to go. If they’d have wanted to, there was nothing stopping them. It’s true, his posturing was likely intimidating, but they could have gotten him before he turned all of that on if they really wanted a go at him. Even after Mike engaged, the others kind of stood there \”taking their turn\”. Oh, and why does everyone keep calling them jocks? 😕

I do understand your point, though, but I think these guys never had any intention of fighting, and it’s not like they all of a sudden realized he wasn’t a small guy.

g-v

Re:

quote \”Ryan\:

Oh, and why does everyone keep calling them jocks? 😕

As someone who used to skate in the 80’s, I’d say it’s a force of habit. 😆 Back then, you’re either a punk and/or skater, headbanger, gangbanger, or jock. Ahhh, so simple back then.

Siayn, I agree with you, acting the part of a bad-ass will definitely take the fighting initiative away from *most* of your opponents.

clfmak

In that Mike Vallely fight, I’d say the best strategy would be machine gun palm strikes under the chin, and if it got too close, into elbow blocks, spears and strikes. I’m basing this on my recollection of this fight, as I couldn’t get the file to load. I don’t remember if his head was down or not.
    Anyway, the jocks thing comes from the title of the video clip, Mike Vallely Beats Up 4 Jocks. By the way, this video is from CKY3, and they got the title from there- I think it said Mike Vallely vs three random ocks.

Back to the train incident- the fact that these were \”kids\” should not change how you respond- only what they are bringing to the table. I’ve seen high school guys with knives, sticks and bats. When I was in high school I saw another guy in my class intimidate some other guy with a bayonette. I remember one time I was getting in my car (a few blocks from campus after school), and another car sped by, and waved a machette at some guys getting in a car). Most of this stuff is just immature intimidation stuff, but it could easilly become serious. If a 16 year old attacks me with a machette, bat, knife, whatever, I’d use a weapon too, unless he was incredibly incompetent and I didn’t have to. The same goes for a mob attack- just because they’re teenagers doesn’t mean that they won’t bust open my skull when I’m on the ground and they’re kicking and stomping me. Maybe I’d be lucky like that guy, but maybe not.

karlhungus

Are you saying that Mike Valley should have done the machine gun palm strikes or that you would use that as a defense against him?

I think he did pretty well in the fight. He knew he could intimidate them and he proved it. His technique could have been better, but all in all I would say that he did pretty well.

Back to the train and de-escalating the incident. I read the examples of de-escalation and I don’t think that there is much that this guy could have done. It seems to me that they picked him out for being weak, white and alone and took advantage of it. Seems that the only way he could have changed things would have been to present a tougher image, look less like a victim.

Just my opinion.

clfmak
    quote :

Are you saying that Mike Valley should have done the machine gun palm strikes or that you would use that as a defense against him?

Both, I guess

erik-h

just watched the video. Yeah those little gangbanger punks are real tough when it comes to six on one. It looked like it happened so fast thst even pulling a weapon wouldn’t have been quick enough and with 6 guys there chances are it would have gotten away from you. It seems that no matter what type of deesculation tactic you tried I believe that the end result would still be the same. But, personally as a bystander I could not sit there and watch some one get attacked like that by that many guys. WIWD is go for as many of them as possible and use eyes gouges, throat strikes, groin strikes, etc. Situations like that call for etremes and like one of you guys said already \”I am going home\”

oh yeah, I have NEVER hit a lady but I would have a sever \”talking to\” with that girl who made the comment in the first place 😈

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: