Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    tkdcardshark

Lets see, a little more then 3 years in tkd and I just recently started km. It’s working out really well so far, tkd Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, km Monday, Wednesday and Sunday. It makes for a fun week. Just so you know, Mon, Wed and Sun are the only days they have km, if they had it more often I would take it more often. 🙂 So far it’s nice, I wouldn’t think about droping km or tkd just because of how different they are. Mind you in a real fight I would pretty much drop everything I learned in tkd just because it’s not really good to use in a real fight. But tkd and km are just so different I feel wrong droping one over the other.

leftie79

tkdcardshark…I used to be in the same position as you. I started TKD, did that for about a year or so then KM was introduced to my school. Was doing both TKD and KM at the same time (I was halfway to a black belt in TKD) and told myself \”I am going to focus on TKD and get my black belt then focus on KM…\” Well, that changed and within a couple months of doing both, I decided to stop doing TKD, and just do KM. I chose to do that because in a real life situation, KM would save my life because the moves are simple and it’s more aggressive.

tkdcardshark

Leftie79, I both agree and disagree with you. While km really is just so much more practical in a real fight, tkd is (or at least it is at my do-jang) more like an art form, something I really enjoy. Plus if I didn’t have a class everyday I think I would go crazy. 😛

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: