Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Bear hugs and hair grabs?? necessary??

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    mara-jade

Re: Bear hugs and hair grabs?? necessary??

quote CJs Dad:

Thanks guys I appreciated the kind words but you forgot to mention I also saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching over to Gieco.

LOL!!!rofl2rofl2

quote KevinMack:

Ran Nakash hasnt been a IDF KM instructor for years now.

Who is the new face to face combat instructor at Bahad 8 ?

dkatman

Lions, I must like your contributions because I think I just responded to 3 of your posts.

I will say a few things to your original topic:

I believed that bear hugs have the prominent place you have noticed because statistically it is more likely to happen to you than you might think. Also, there are subtle differences that make all the difference in the technique. It would be a shame to be perfectly prepared in bear hug #1 only to have someone put bear hug #4 on you only for you to explain they are doing it wrong.

I also agree with your perceptions of where you are in your training. You are happy with what you are learning and you are striving to be as competent as you can be. That is good. As you also progress, I am sure you will not become bored, but you will find an interest in expanding your skillset. The good thing is that you are also free to continue taking level 1 classes as well. In fact, it is encouraged.

On a side note: Yes, Sean is a fantastic instructor and a deadly individual. I have had the pleasure of taking a class with him and the humbling opportunity to spar with him. I am by no means a tough guy anyway, but man! When he store in front of me and kicked me in the back of my head…. I was happy to wait until I got home to cry. 😉

And it is funny that you should mention both bear hugs and hair grabbing. Those are both two of the most important things I have covered with my daughter. She might be the size someone might just try to pick up and take away. And someone might grab her hair. It is realistic. And for me, anyone who has the thought to come over, pick me up, and slam me down scares the crap out of me. I am not huge at all (just shy of 6’1″, 190 pounds). how big is the person who figures on picking me up? That is a big person in my mind.

Dave

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

LOL Dave, good times 🙂

mara-jade

Sean-I LOVE That signature!rofl2

Dave-Welcome back man! Long time no see! Hope things are going well:wav:

lions2011

Dkatman thanks for your response. Yes it appears you enjoy my little contributions.

My original goal was to master level 1 and quit the system. However since I have enjoyed level 1 so much ( Still in level 1 for 6 months lol). I am going to start level 2-3 in October. I cant wait until I move on into the intermediate level class in 4 months.

What level are you.. 4 or 5??

I cant wait to hang up my yellow belt award with hebrew writting on my wall. I have not read any hebrew since age 13 lol.

dkatman

Thanks, Mara. I have just been really busy with work (still training) and not coming here as much in my “free time”.

Lions, I am currently tested into taking up to level 3. I have been seen in level 4 a few times, but I stopped doing that and am waiting until I actually test into that…assuming I will.

I will say I tested too early from 1 to 2, was still excited to test from 2 to 3 and I am very happy with the instruction and material I learn between 1, 2, and 3.

Good luck to you,

Dave

mara-jade

Hey Dave,

I hear ya man! I haven’t been at Pete’s as much as hubby and I would like-being laid off for a bit bit changes prioritiesrofl2.

Good luck on Level 3 when you’re ready to take it. I remember it took hubby and I over a year to test just cause life got in the way and we kept getting hurt.

Level 4-dunno myself about testing. Just, you know how it goes-things to consider.

Don’t be a stranger around here:wav:

I am happy Gilad Shalit is home now. Good for him & his family. thumbsup

joseph-kor

I’m sorry Jewishfitness1976, but while its true it’s good for his family, it’s infact very bad for the collective that he represent.

mind you, 1027 prisoners have been freed out of jail. 280 of them were condemned for life sentences.

this “deal” that have made the poor soldier return to his family has caused a severe damage to the world, and to israel, in the war against terror.

Anyway,

While im very much fond of discussing politics, i’m well aware that this is not the right place for it – though i must admit that your comment made me uneasy – hence the reply.

I’m glad the guy is home, but I don’t think it was a good idea. On the flip side, releasing some prisoners may have been the only way. What this does is tell me that if I capture an Israeli soldier, I can get about a thousand of my “people” back in exchange for him/her.

joseph-kor

Politicly correctness is something every democratic suffers from, including my own.

in addition to what you said timmy, Just to imagine the great effort of courageous people who have put their life to get those man behind bars just to see them being released.

I tend to see my self as prolife.and to me, releasing 1027 terrorists to release one person, no matter how valuable he is(and he wasnt) it’s purely the opposite of seeking life. it’s more like perpetuating further bloodshed considering our enemies are now strenghened

quote Joseph Kor:

Politicly correctness is something every democratic suffers from, including my own.

in addition to what you said timmy, Just to imagine the great effort of courageous people who have put their life to get those man behind bars just to see them being released.

I tend to see my self as prolife.and to me, releasing 1027 terrorists to release one person, no matter how valuable he is(and he wasnt) it’s purely the opposite of seeking life. it’s more like perpetuating further bloodshed considering our enemies are now strenghened

I disagree with the bold text completely. There’s “acceptable losses” and “this should never have happened.” He falls into the second category, but freeing over 1000 convicted, or suspected terrorists wasn’t necessarily the right thing to do. In this case Israel had to choose one of two wrong decisions: leave their soldier in the hands of terrorists and risk him being tortured to death, or free over a thousand people who they thought were dangerous enough to lock up because of the direct threat to society they posed.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: