Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Can’t sleep after KM classes…

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    bkl041018

Re: Can’t sleep after KM classes…

I have the same issue. On nights we sparr I usually don’t get home till 10 from class and I’m pretty amped….. I have a hard time sleeping anyways, but reading helps me and I never go to be without taking melatonin.

zen4me

quote mara_jade:

I must be one of the weird ones. If I don’t go to class, I don’t fall asleep right away at bedtime A good workout has me sleeping like a rock.:dunno:

I’m weird then too Mara-Jade. After Krav, I usually pass out the minute my head hits the pillow!

– Kelly

the-hammer

I’m usually tired after class and sleep just fine…

kmky

i find myself going over everything i did in class, especially if i made mistakes. my body is very, very tired, but mentally i’m wide awake. my dogs don’t seem to mind the extra couple of hours of play in the middle of the night – although my wife gets a little cranky.

i’ve started the counting my breaths which seems to help – so thanks for the suggestion jburtonpdx

rifle

I’m in the same boat as most of you. I wish my gym had classes in the early AM, say 5:30am. I’d be into that! Then I could workout and be amped the rest of the day! Even if they did it say, two days a week, I’d be all over it.

Getting to sleep after class is a problem for me, too. I try a lot of different things; reading textbooks, hot shower, not eating right before bed, counting in my head, a good shot of scotch, (sipped, of course, never in one gulp!).

I have no good answer. I didn’t get to sleep until 2:00am last night and was up at 6. Long day…..

Like I mentioned, the only thing that does work for me is working out in the AM. Then I have all day for my body to get rid of all the energy.

Rifle

big-gene75

It’s been almost a month now of KM and the first week or so was hard but it has gotten easier to sleep after class. I think it more or less was the initial excitement of something fun and new that keep me awake at night. Though I’m not falling right to sleep I am getting to bed around 12:00 or so where as in the beginning I would sleep until 2:00 or even sometimes 3:00.

chunkymonkey

I had absolutely no problem sleeping after my first class yesterday. I actually passed out on the couch when I got home with my wife. Maybe a combo of things, but it was a good class.

sdkraver

I can’t sleep when I work out at night, in general, funny thing is though when I do our Sunday morning class I can immediately take a nap afterwards.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: