Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Classic forum quotes from members.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    unstpabl1

Re: Classic forum quotes from members.

CJ’s Dad during class said “if i wanted to roll around on the ground, I’d buy a labador”

bull1189

quote unstpabl1:

CJ’s Dad during class said “if i wanted to roll around on the ground, I’d buy a labador”

I’m Soooooooo gonna borrow that one. . . . . :dunno:

unstpabl1

quote Bull1189:

I’m Soooooooo gonna borrow that one. . . . . :dunno:

He had another one, but you need to ask him about it. Soup du jour.we’re serving today an assortment of kicks, knees, elbows. I screwed it up so ask him. Also Jeremy had one but I was to gone to remember

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote unstpabl1:

and the rest of it is “instead I own a pittbull”

It was actually ìKicks de jourî btw

And the other one ìhere we have our 4 basic food groups- punchs, kicks, knees and elbows we need to serve our opponent a well balanced meal. And remember revenge is a dish best served cold

Staffords quote was ìI like to see the anguish in my students physically manifest itselfî

unstpabl1

quote CJs Dad:

and the rest of it is “instead I own a pittbull”

It was actually ìKicks de jourî btw

And the other one ìhere we have our 4 basic food groups- punchs, kicks, knees and elbows we need to serve our opponent a well balanced meal. And remember revenge is a dish best served cold

Staffords quote was ìI like to see the anguish in my students physically manifest itselfî

Staffords a sick puppy. Actually all you guys are a bit warppedthumbsup

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

? unstpabl1 – And I didn’t even do Krav. (fixed)

unstpabl1

quote CJs Dad:

? unstpabl1 ñ And I didnít even do Krav. (fixed)

:OhMy:rofl2

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote unstpabl1:

One day I had an ephiney that it was all improvisation. Improv is taking whats given moment to moment. Its freedom, but there can be no freedom w/o discipline. W/o the structure, w/o focusing on the attributes, w/o role playing, drills that teach application under stress, it just falls apart. Once these basics are mastered then the skys the limit.

After only one class!!

unstpabl1

quote CJs Dad:

After only one class!!

rofl2 That epiphiney happened after years of acting class and teaching. Audiences don’t see the structure of Improvisation when they go to a show. But w/o the rules and the discipline to follow the rules the thing flops

At the beginning of acting I didn’t know the rules. I was good and very free, but I was also inconsistent and couldn’t get the most out of the material. Then I learned the rules and became almost robotic in a way. Trying to do things correctly by rote. At a certain point I had to throw away all I learned and trust that it was internalized and part of my process. The discipline was in place. You do the headwork then trust the body knows what to do. If you rehearse to be absolutely perfect, the minute something doesn’t go as planned sends you out of the moment and into a struggle.

The reason it relates to Self Defense/martial arts in my mind is one of the reasons I’m interested in them. To me the martial arts teach people the process of learning any skill better than any school does. You learn about courage, commitment, resistence, breakthrus, boredom, interpersonal relationships,etc and discipline and why its important. Or better yet how to apply it to anything you need to learn

Hope this wasn’t inappropriate here

unstpabl1

From Garddawgs forum Header

Row Faster, I hear Banjo Music

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Thought this was funny talking about Moni

quote Simon:

Since this is a new subject, what are the new claims?

He learned how to part the seas from Moses and that’s where his entire unit went; Wiped out in a wall of water that he used to destroy the enemy army.

Thats where he got the idea for Commando Scuba Training. “So that one may swim in peace”

russell

” you dead doug!…dead” the psyco krav maga instructor from fight quest on the discovery channel

she’s the toughest guy i know of!

mark1a

ok, so what ARE the frozen peas about?

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Mark1a:

ok, so what ARE the frozen peas about?

In the instructors office theres a full sized fridge, the freezer is full of frozen peaís packages. So the running joke is when someone bangs up something out come the frozen peas.

mark1a

ok, thanks……our school apparently does the frozen pea thing too. That’s why I asked…..one of the instructors got hungry, I guess, and ate some. Or so I’m told……

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: