Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge commando krav maga

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    happy-dragon

Re: commando krav maga

quote Cottonwood-Combat:

Yeah, maybe there’s a storm of sorts- Mr. Aiziks has some good stuff in his system. My 13 year old son could even make some of the skill sets work against me at nearly full speed/strength after only about 10-15 of practice.

I was a level 2 CKM instructor, and although I have problems with the business and the politics of the organization, I’m pretty happy with most of the techniques themselves – not surprising since that is where I started.

I’m not really familiar with your system, although I’ve read and watched different material to try to get an understanding. One thing I see as an obvious difference is the emphasis on taking away a weapon before striking an attacker in CKM. I don’t know if the picture on the top of the forum particularly demonstrates a gun disarm, (many of the CKM ‘action shots’ don’t actually demonstrate current techniques), but using an elbow strike before actually taking the gun out of the attacker’s hand would not fit the strategy.

mara-jade

That is a gun disarm from what I recall (say gun from behind touching) and the elbow strike is a distraction. More counters are followed to ‘loosen up’ the attacker before disarming the gun.

happy-dragon

Oh yeah! I personally love elbow strikes…

however, my point was that CKM doesn’t use any distraction, or what I’d call softening techniques, before the business of getting the weapon away is dealt with.

oneness

:OhMy: ….Wait.

Ok i’m all set have my diet coke and popcorn! Let the posting begin.

vwr32

quote Oneness:

:

Ok i’m all set have my diet coke and popcorn! Let the posting begin.

It’s a rerun… I’ve seen this one too many times.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

You know right when I was about to type up a really smart ass answer you 2 beat me to it.

simon

I understand that in Moni’s previous style “Combat Ninjitsu” students were allowed to use the smoke screen defense before doing the gun disarms. Is this true?

bradm

quote Simon:

I understand that in Moniís previous style ìCombat Ninjitsuî students were allowed to use the smoke screen defense before doing the gun disarms. Is this true?

An idiot question deserves an idiot answer. Since I’m no idiot, I’m not qualified to answer. Maybe some other idiot can answer it. How’s that for a smart ass answer?

vinman

so, Brad must be an instructor of CKM….

simon

You also might want to read this thread

http://kmforum.kravmaga.com/showthread.php?t=2666

Some interesting things posted

vwr32

um, I don’t think brad is a ckm instructor…

jl

I just spoke with a few friends in Europe, according to them they have no idea who Moni Aizik is or what he teaches. These guys are the real deal, some you know of and some you don’t. I have a good friend in ther UK that was a high level instructor for Moni. He has resigned his post and will not teach CKM in any form. He went through the cost and training to reach the highest level Moni has to date. He stsarted to question the techniques a while back and
    was pissed when he got nothing for answers. Bottom line, do your research find people in the know and train within KMAA or IKMwhatever. ONe of the most important questions this guy had was ‘Why is there no striking of pre-emptive strikes in the early stages of CKM. _no answer….He believes it doesn’t exist because Moni isn’t proficient at striking therefore it gets second billing. The future of CKM could be numbered. IMHO JL

eric-joyce

quote JL:

I just spoke with a few friends in Europe, according to them they have no idea who Moni Aizik is or what he teaches. These guys are the real deal, some you know of and some you don’t. I have a good friend in ther UK that was a high level instructor for Moni. He has resigned his post and will not teach CKM in any form. He went through the cost and training to reach the highest level Moni has to date. He stsarted to question the techniques a while back and
    was pissed when he got nothing for answers. Bottom line, do your research find people in the know and train within KMAA or IKMwhatever. ONe of the most important questions this guy had was ‘Why is there no striking of pre-emptive strikes in the early stages of CKM. _no answer….He believes it doesn’t exist because Moni isn’t proficient at striking therefore it gets second billing. The future of CKM could be numbered. IMHO JL

Was the instructor Stewart McGill or Gershon Ben Keren by chance?

jl

Not by chance!

psyops

Hmmm….

It’s funny because I recall this crazy guy from Las Vegas pointing out some integrity issues with Mr. Aizik. Claims that Aizik had made which could not be substantiated and more to the point were proven to be false. Yet there were a slew of his clones and followers that were defending him. Hmmm….. Could it be that Mr. Aizik is not what he seems? No way?!!!

Say it aint so!!!! I mean who would have seen this coming? Top instructors resigning because of flawed techniques? Hmm….. Very interesting indeed.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • The topic ‘commando krav maga’ is closed to new replies.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: