Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    kravmaga-guy

Hey Guys I Just Got The Book Im Sure I Will Have Questions Soon Haha

leam

Re: Complete Krav Maga

It’s good, trust me. Lots of things you see and some come along as you think about them.

Leam

vwr32

It’s missing the sprawl. And apparently the “flying spinning” version of the axe kick. Other than that I love it.

giant-killer

Any news on whether there will be a second, advanced version of the KM book, including BB material and more? Seemes as though it was in the works at some point, now I’m not sure. Would be cool to have.

blindfold

I would also like to know if there will be a second book. Hopefully a little more advanced than the first one.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote vwr32:

It’s missing the sprawl. And apparently the “flying spinning” version of the axe kick. Other than that I love it.

pfft give an old fat guy a break

vwr32

quote CJs Dad:

pfft give an old fat guy a break

I didn’t mean anything bad by that…. I wish we could train a few more jumping style kicks as that’s probably the only way I’m going to deliver a kick to the head if they aren’t short or already down. My flexibility isn’t what it used to be.

If I tried something like that I’d end up looking like this guy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvE0BMkOGCY

Sorry if you saw it as an insult, it wasn’t intended that way. :):

ryan

The next book will be a very basic, but detailed book; sort of a KM for beginners (those with no or limited exposure to training.) The third book will be advanced.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote vwr32:

I didn’t mean anything bad by that…. I wish we could train a few more jumping style kicks as that’s probably the only way I’m going to deliver a kick to the head if they aren’t short or already down. My flexibility isn’t what it used to be.

If I tried something like that I’d end up looking like this guy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvE0BMkOGCY

Sorry if you saw it as an insult, it wasn’t intended that way. :):

LOL I was making a joke buddy.. i don’t feel old and I’m no longer fat 😉

louis

Ryan is that beginner book you are referring to the one I saw being released in possibly May? I wonder if it will contain a lot of the drills used in classes.

Louis

giant-killer

Huh? Wasn’t the first book (the one out now) for beginners as well? It covers all the basic punches and kicks and beginning defenses. Not sure what more can be said for beginners, but there is some stuff useful for advances students, such as third party defenses, BB material etc that could be covered in a more advanced book, so I hope they’ll do that one first. By the way, will those two books be written by the same authors as the first?

louis

GiantKiller from what I have seen of the new book yes it is John Whitman and Darren Levine still. It will be in my library as fast as it hits the bookstores and within the same day I get it read and used a few to many times.

Btw on a side note it was only recently I found out Mr. Whitman is a co-author on a series of books I have been reading with another author for years now, I think that is great.

Louis

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

::thread hijack::

Louis you’ve been a member of the forums since 05 and just now made your first 2 posts?

Impressive lurking!

louis

Actually after I had signed up back them I basically haven’t been on until recently and well time to get involved with a great group of people here and learn and share.

Sorry to lurk.

Louis

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

No reason to be sorry buddy I think it’s great your posting!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: