Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Congratulations Rolando Haddad!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    johnwhitman

Congratulations to Rolando Haddad at Core Training Center in Louisville, KY.

Rolando just won an mma fight in front of about 3,000 people. The fight was a bit of a grudge match against a local grappler who had said some unkind words about Rolando and KM. Rolando accepted a challenge to fight him in an mma tournament. I have a description of the fight, but I’ll let Rolando or someone who was there describe it.

We also hope to get video, and we’ll post it.

For those of you who haven’t met him, Rolando is an all-around great guy — talented teacher, fighter, and KM practitioner. Also a very good human being.

ryan

Way to go Ro!

brotherobin

Hip Hip Hoo-Ro! …okay 🙄 that was corny. Seriously though, congratulations to ’em.

ro

Thanks John !
    This guy gave me a reason to step back in the ring (cage) after a 20 year hiatus !
    For those of you who have been on this forum for a while you might remember him posting some real nasty stuff as bjj fighter a while back. He’s actually a very acomplished grappler with a brown belt under Popovich.

check out some of his comments before the fight (bjj fighter)
    http://www.mixedcombatchallenge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31

comments after the fight
    http://www.mixedcombatchallenge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53

I’ll get a video link in a week or two if anyone is still interested.

Cheers to all – Ryan, Jeff, Darren, John even Bas chimed in with real positive thoughts and comments before the fight. I can’t tell you how much that means to me !!

usnavy-233

Yes, please post a video link. I’ve got a buddy of mine that takes BJJ and we’re always bashing each other about how our system is better (don’t worry, it’s all in good fun) and I’d like to send him the link to the post and the video clip. Congratualtions by the way!!

-Walt

konrad109

Congrats! Is krav maga the only martial art that you have done?

karlhungus

Cool. I would like to see the video of that. Nothing better than seeing someone eat crow. Sounds like you worked him over pretty good.

la-revancha

Yeah, Ro!!

DC sends felicidades! The second thread implies you finished it standing up.

Please share more info.

jl

Rolando,
    Congrats on your match. Please post the video when you get it. I never saw someone forced to eat crow before. Should be real interesting. I wonder if the beer he said he was going to have after his victory helped wash it down.
    Awesome job!

anonymous

How about a screening at the NTC? That would be cool.

So, Rolando, you said you stepped back into the ring after twenty years? Was there a big age difference between you and that guy? Why was he saying bad things about Krav Maga? He doesn’t sound all that smart, judging from his writing on that forum…

ro

So, Rolando, you said you stepped back into the ring after twenty years? Was there a big age difference between you and that guy? Why was he saying bad things about Krav Maga?
    —————-
    I had done a couple of PKA kickboxing matches in my early twenties, I’ll be 42 in March. There was a 10 year age difference, plus he weighed 235 to my 195.
    Before I opened my gym, we taught out of the same space. I guess he didn’t like the fact that I had more members than he did. Basically he was incredibly disrespectful and arrogant.

Also, I had wanted to fight for a while and I thought that he would make a good opponent for me. I just didn’t think he could take me down, even with his extensive bjj and wrest. background. Finally I knew he wouldn’t have an answer to my standup or my conditioning. So I made the match.

Congrats! Is krav maga the only martial art that you have done?
    Honestly, I have a pretty decent MT and BJJ foundation. Plus for the fight – conditioning, conditioning, conditioning !!

We won’t have video for a couple of weeks. I’ll let you guys know when it’s done.

THANKS FOR ALL THE LOVE !!

h2h

congrats !!! I second the screening at the NTC

karlhungus

Re:

quote \”Ro\:

. Plus for the fight – conditioning, conditioning, conditioning !!

Out of curiosity, what did you do to work on your conditioning for the fight?

Thanks

anonymous

Congratulations Rolando,
    Would love to see video!

g-v

Cool beanz man, congratulations. 😛

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: