Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Congratulations Rolando Haddad!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    njl

Congrats, Rolando!

rich1957

TTT

TTT from Rich in LONG Island met at PHilly years ago,and Christian I still have your DVD

la-revancha

😀
    Thanks Rich. Hope you picked up some pointers! I heard Marcelo was in your neck of the woods recently. Let’s talk somewhere else.

Sorry for the hijack 😳

TTMFT for Rolando!!!

djinsd

Way to go…..

Speaking of hijack………..Christian, you never replied to my last email. 😕

On topic however, I’m glad to see this story. I did PKA style kickboxing back in the day (last fight 1993) and I’ve been wondering if I’m too old to get back into the full contact arena (I turn 35 next Saturday). After talking to Bas Rutten after a seminar at Alan Predolin’s school recently and working out with some good MMA guys in Salt Lake, I’m considering doing some fights just for a personal challenge. So, I want to thank Ro as another inspiration to get my butt into a ring, cage, octogan, whatever……..

Congrats on your win,

DJ

anonymous

So are you going to fight again, Rolando, or was it a one time deal?

ro

Karl – I trained every day. A typical day would be 6-12 rounds of rope warmup followed by 6 rounds pad work, then 6 rounds clinch work with the guys trying for the takedown and me basically trying to stay on my feet or fight on the ground. Then 6 rounds on the ground but with me starting being crosside (on the bottom). 4 rounds of clinch work against the wall. 4 rounds of hard stand up sparring. The kicker was that we would rotate a fresh guy on the ground every minute. I get a 30 second break every 3. Also a fresh guy every round of standup. Hill sprints in the morning or right after the workout.

Other workouts might just be rope followed by 10 rnds of hard pad work and power work with the heaybag (squats, throws, bridgework).

I would add another workout 2x per week of wt. lifting. in the morning. 1 day a week just hard sparring.

It’s so tempting to do it again, but I have to be realistic. Many injuries and other responsibilities. But it was great fun !!

DJ – 35 is so young. Do it !

rta

Re:

quote \”Ro\:

Karl – I trained every day. A typical day would be 6-12 rounds of rope warmup followed by 6 rounds pad work, then 6 rounds clinch work with the guys trying for the takedown and me basically trying to stay on my feet or fight on the ground. Then 6 rounds on the ground but with me starting being crosside (on the bottom). 4 rounds of clinch work against the wall. 4 rounds of hard stand up sparring. The kicker was that we would rotate a fresh guy on the ground every minute. I get a 30 second break every 3. Also a fresh guy every round of standup. Hill sprints in the morning or right after the workout.

Other workouts might just be rope followed by 10 rnds of hard pad work and power work with the heaybag (squats, throws, bridgework).

I would add another workout 2x per week of wt. lifting. in the morning. 1 day a week just hard sparring.

It’s so tempting to do it again, but I have to be realistic. Many injuries and other responsibilities. But it was great fun !!

DJ – 35 is so young. Do it !

Oh my dear lord 😯 . I feel like a slug just reading that.

Congrats on the hard work and the outcome.

jl

Ro,

I had to take a knee for an eight count just reading you workout schedule. 😳 Be proud of your accomplishments and inspiration to others.

g-v

Indeed.

clfmak

Wow, that’s quite a workout schedule. There was probably also a training diet of freshly killed gazelles in there too. 😉

anonymous

Come one, Ro, go again! Beat up some more Krav Maga haters!! 😈

jaysjc

Re:

Just curious what your diet was/is like, in particular when in serious training mode. Diet/eating habits have always seemed to hold me back. Any tips or words of advice?

Again, congratulations!!!!

ryan

\”Congrats! Is krav maga the only martial art that you have done?\”

You don’t train KM for an MMA fight.

Ro, anyway to post that photo on here?–I think it’s awesome!

ro

You don’t train KM for an MMA fight. –

So true.

This shouldn’t be a surprise, nor does it take anything away from KM. But, they are two different animals. Of course there is some overlap but……

anyway, check out this vid. clip. This is exactly the type of pad work etc. we did to prepare.

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=565

ggreen

I have watched this board for several month but this is my first post. I have been at student of Core in Louisville for several months attending the Krav Classes.

I attended the MMA fight and witnessed Rolando’s victory. Simply stated Rolando devastated his opponent. The fight was stopped at 1:30 in the first round.

Rolando’s opponent outweighed him nearly forty-fifty pounds. The fight opened with the Bjj guy bull rushing accross the cage for a takedown, Rolando countered and eventually worked back into the middle of the cage.

Rolando got a hard roundhouse kick in which brought the crowd to their feet. Again the guy went for a takedown and Rolando caught him with a KNEE. At this point Rolando removed his opponent’s desire to continue the fight.

I know there was some more good action as I could hear Rolando smacking him but a pole on the cage wall blocked my view.

By the way, local rumor is that it took in excess of twenty stitches to close the cut on Rolando’s opponent head from the KNEE.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: