Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Continuous Motion in Krav = Retzev??

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    andre

Samson, I agree. I petition John to allow the following changes. Punching drills will now be called \”BasRooting\”, stress drills will now be known as\”Boomboxing\”, and walking is to be called \”Skydancing\”.

anonymous

Okay, watched the video. Not sure what to make of it. It’s really just a VERY young Jarret giving a few kicks and punches while the other guy is retreating without striking back. At first glance it looks almost more like a Taekwondo competition than a Krav Maga exercise, but I guess it’s just a very short excerpt.

If that type of training can help you to see openings and react to them quickly, maybe it’s a good idea, but it’s just too hard to tell from what one can see in the video.

Personally, I’m not a huge fan of long punch combinations without anyone striklng back. The type of exercise we did on the ground however can be very useful.

So, are there ever any actual Krav Maga moves (defenses) in that type of retzev exercise, or is it always just punches and kicks?

ryan

\”The more practice/repetition you have, the more fluid your attacks and responses to counter attacks will be.\”

Thanks, I never thought of that. 🙄

rich-f

Re:

So, are there ever any actual Krav Maga moves (defenses) in that type of retzev exercise, or is it always just punches and kicks?[/quote]

retzef is not an exercise, it is roughly translated from hebrew for \”continuous combat motion\”. Any move,any weapon including but not limited to \”finishing\” your attacker.

\”playfighting\” is as it sounds-training to fight, but using \”control\” not to hurt your training partner. Typing an explanation or showing a still picture, just doesn’t do the explanation of retzef or playfighting justice.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: