Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    jonrogers44

Re: False Instructor

LOL, wow. I wish everyone would stop acting like I am evil bad person here. I have had nothing but good things to say about the character of people that run that place, and I havent attacked anyone. PLAIN AND SIMPLE, IT IS NOT KRAV MAGA AS IT WAS TAUGHT TO ME, OR AS I HAVE WITNESSED ANYWHERE ELSE. I can point out a lot of flaws in the students of that place, but why? If you are happy there great, its just not krav, so dont sell it as krav thats all.

Yes, I SHOULD OF MINDED MY OWN BUSINESS AND NOT POINTED OUT THAT EVERYONE IN THE ROOM WAS DOING SOMETHING INCORRECTLY, I.E. KNOWING HOW TO THROW A HOOK. (After which the instructor also said that the way I was trained to throw it was correct ) i was wrong to point anything out to another person if they did not know me well…that I agree with. So I apologize.

And yes i do curse in my personal life and more so in my training, because I like to make it as real as possible. I like to push, lightly slap their head, make threats doing gun or knife or attack drills because thats what will happen in the street. AND WHEN I WAS INFORMED THAT CURSING WAS NOT ALLOWED I STOPPED RIGHT THEN AND THERE.

And I know I am not perfect, I NEVER said i was, I still practice the basics all the time. I always will, because i want to get better. But I dont want to learn “new techniques” when I have never heard of anyone else teaching them…sorry thats just me.

I also did not twist anything about the instructor or school, if you look through my post I have praised him A LOT, because it is warranted. Because he is a nice person, and good teacher. BUT, its not KMWW so I do not want to learn it.

But overall my lesson has been learned here. IF its not Krav, just keep your mouth shut and dont come back, dont worry about correcting others, let them deal with it.

jonrogers44

I am curious about your response to (what I see as) the central complaint here. Is a “krav inspired” or “”krav influenced” program being taught, or is it the Official KMWW curriculum?

If the prior, if it is being “sold” as Krav…isn’t that a problem?

THANK YOU…..THATS ALL I WAS TRYING TO SAY….

maddogmean

Jon,

You pay money for training, if you feel that you are not receiving the right training, train elsewhere. It sounds like you’ve already done that. I had some concerns about what was happening in my school a while back. Even thought about dropping out and starting BJJ. After some very good advice from several people on the forum, I decided to stick it out and haven’t regretted it.

The people here offer up constructive advice that can make you a better student. Take what you find helpful and use it. A lot of these folks have been doing this a long time.

jonrogers44

I am. I just do not agree with whats being taught is all. And I wrongly came on here and vented my frustrations, when I should of kept them to myself. Like I said lesson learned.

krujoe

Jon,

I agree with you. I don’t go to McDonalds and order a Whopper. If the school advertises KMW, then KMW techniques should be taught. I’ve never taken a class from your instructor, but I can tell you the instructor at the Chesapeake/Greenbrier school is certified through KMW and CKM. I just recently finished up the KMW Law Enforcement Instructor class, so we like to bang at Greenbrier.

Correcting Technique. Correcting your partner’s technique is an important aspect of training. If your running around the room correcting everybody, that would get annoying.

Cursing. If a dude is going to stick a gun in your face or a knife at your back, there’s going to be cursing. The guy would not say; “Hello sir. I’m robbing you today. Would you mind removing your wallet from your pants and handing it over please.” I was robbed at knife point once and I remember the guy saying; “Give me your Mother F@#&*# money, bitch.” I don’t recall being overly offended by the cursing, but I did shi# my pants by the big A@@ knife he was holding. I gave him my wallet by the way.

Also, I thought you did a good job about being civil and not naming the school. But after being attacked by all the “anonymous” students, screw it.

I gather you’re a local Law Enforcement Officer. I know you local guys don’t get paid much and don’t have a lot of disposable income. I’m sure you have to pinch and save in order to take a class. It would suck to sign up for a class that you hope could save your life, but not learn proper KMW techniques. It’s different if your a soccer mom hoping to get into shape, they don’t have to deal with criminals on a daily basis. As a LEO, THIS COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE. After getting certified, I’m a firm believer in the KMW techniques. I don’t know if you can transfer over to the Greenbrier school, but like I said, we like to bang. We do have our soccer moms in there, but most of the crew trains hard and the instructor is good.

Good luck, feel free to PM me with any questions you have.

By the way, I don’t think I’ve ever heard a Marine say HOORAH. OORAH, URAH, but not HOORAH. I’m just saying.

Joe

The “H” is usually silent unless the “hoo-rah” is being said in a sarcastic manner. When written, it is not uncommon to see the “H”…. I’m just saying also. : )

kirsten

I was told by Darren that when he came back from Israel that the focus was the LE training, out of that began the civilian program. But that was what he told me and both Londale and Jon Pascal reinforced that several times… I have no doubt that at the community center they were also teaching civilians at the same time.

kevin-mack

if you read his bio/historical timeline on this site and Eyals bio. The teaching of KM to LE didnt start till 1987. Secondly he only came back from Israel as a green belt.

kevin-mack

and it was my understanding that it was really the Israeli instructors such as Eyal and Eli Avikzar, and David Ben-Asher who started the LE training in the US but assisted by Darren and Chiropractor Dan.

relli-kant

Who is Chiropractor Dan?

resqr1

Personally, I don’t care which came first or by who. I’m just glad it’s here saving lives every day. Thank you for a great system.thumbsupthumbsup

LOL, You really are quite the historian. Chiropractor Dan is Dan Sovetky, A 4th degree who was Darrens right hand through the early years. He’s back in the system and teaches for me at Simi. I’ll see him tomorrow and ask. As to the green belt thing, what’s your point? To be frank, if this thread devolves into a “my master is better than your master” piece of crap, I’ll have it locked and deleted. So everybody remember something a better man than me once said, “Think twice, post once”.

kevin-mack

The green belt thing was posted not as an insult but to make the point that what he was trained to teach at that point was basic KM civilian self defense. I am talking about the begining. That doesnt mean he he wasnt qualified at a later date.
    My instructor came back from the same course with the same rank at the same time so I have no reason to use that as an insult and wouldnt.

inky

I do Kiatsu and touch for health, see if you can find any books on that it will teach you all the pressure points. Also see if there is a holisticall school of medicine near you that teaches acupuncture, I got some therapy here in Oregon for $13 a session.

i hope that helps.
    Cheers.

quote GIJoeGIJane:

Wow!! I am very excited to have one of my training buddies point out this
    site to me. This is a great tool to utilize. Unfortunately the reason I
    came to website initially is because a fellow student was talking after
    class about one of our transfer students knocking our instructor. What he
    is unaware of it that our loyalty runs deep here in Virginia Beach, and with
    Krav World Wide as well. Each training night I leave work in Norfolk and
    travel to Virginia Beach to train at what I consider to be the best training
    facility in the tidewater area.

One of the things that I will say is that I am no nonsense individual.
    So I am going to get straight to the point, Jon quit your moaning and
    groaning. You have offended others in class by use of foul language which
    was inappropriate for the occasion. You talk about your personal issues and
    views in class and frankly some of us just don’t want to hear it. You have
    taken this forum and presented a twisted version of what the instructor is
    teaching to others worldwide.

Any mature responsible person realizes that there is always more to learn,
    as a Kravist, we are continually learning new techniques. In all honesty if
    the school is still going to allow you to train there, they are showing more
    integrity than you. Recommendation is to take what is being taught and
    learn.
    I want to say that I think that this site is going to be very informative and I am looking forward to more contact with all of you. While on this tangent, can anyone help me with something? I am getting this intense pain shooting through my shoulder when doing blocking drills. We do an awesome warm up and stretching in each class, but I can’t get past the
    pain and can only give about 60% during the blocking section of training.
    Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

jjbklb

Front of shoulder?
    Side?
    Back of shoulder?

Any specific motion that triggers the pain?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: