Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    psyops

Re: False Instructor

Kevin Mack,

For those who don’t know, is a Kravist through and through. There are few on this forum, or anywhere else, that have as much knowledge and understanding of Krav Maga’s history as Kevin does.

It’s interesting though that the question being asked by the original poster has yet to be answered. Perhaps the use of foul language is an issue for some that attend the class and maybe even the instructor. I don’t mind rough language at my school with the exception being the presence of children. My students tend to follow my lead regarding this, as do the other instructors.

“Krav Inspired” programs are going to happen because the popularity of the system continues to grow. Other styles will adopt some of our techniques as we have adopted techniques from other systems. What is important is that the principles of Krav Maga are followed. The principles are more important than any given technique. So at the end of the day we must only evaluate the principles that are being taught first. Then the validity of the technique must be scrutinized. If the techniques are sound and follow the principles of Krav Maga, who cares which organization wishes to lay claim to have implemented it first?

KMWW, IKMF,IKMA,KMF, KMA, etc……. The Krav Maga alphabet soup is not more important than the system. I do have a problem with certain systems adding Krav Maga to their school with only a level one instructor. They do this to capitalize on the popularity of the system. They never send their instructors to complete phase or continue through expert series etc….

Then they take it upon themselves to make “modifications” to a system that they have spent very little time learning themselves! So if you are an aspiring student, ask your instructor how often they train with higher ranking individuals,ask who those individuals are, better still, ask if you can call those individuals and check for yourself!

I for one don’t want to see anymore Tae Kwan Krav schools, Jeet Kun Krav, Kravaikido and any other mix that does not follow the very clearly stated principles of Krav Maga

jl

D,

Very well put. I agree whole heartedly. Krav Maga has a set of tenants. It needs no pre-fixes or suffixes. (aikidokrav,jeet kunkrav,etc.) The instructor should have a high level working knowledge of the techniques for sure, but also have a vast working knowledge of the tenants of which Krav Maga was built.

As an aside, Donavin… I will be in LV in early March and look forward to coming and working out with you and seeing your new center. I hope all of the people here have a safe and Happy Holiday!! JL

kirsten

I thought I did answer his question… In my first post, email corp but don’t expect them to fly in and save the day. They don’t micromanage schools.

mdfiasco

Deadthread revival..

Kirsten did answer his question; email corporate. Isn’t it a shame though that KM has a corporate office at all?

This seems to be the only school teaching KM in Hampton Roads, and it looks like a McDojo to me, CST KM and alphabet soup.

Sales before results.

Which school are you referring to in Hampton Roads?

mdfiasco

quote TacticalTimmy:

Which school are you referring to in Hampton Roads?

ATA on Princess Anne…it seems that Dynamic Combatives and Commando Krav melded into ATA…

EDIT: I have no idea what school the OP was talking about.

I haven’t been to the Princess Anne version, I went to the Greenbriar studio for a little while. It WAS better than nothing, but things just weren’t feeling right. So I left, and while I miss training, I don’t miss it enough to go back there. Very geared towards bringing a profit to the school only. I’ve got it that schools are there to make a profit, but I didn’t have that problem or feeling when I trained at Hybrid.

mdfiasco

Basically the only KM we have in Hampton Roads is ATA. They alienated me through one phone call to their office.

I can only imagine that the OP, while it seems like he was a little over excited in training, was probably right about his concerns.

kmyoshi

quote mdfiasco:

Deadthread revival..

Kirsten did answer his question; email corporate. Isn’t it a shame though that KM has a corporate office at all?

This seems to be the only school teaching KM in Hampton Roads, and it looks like a McDojo to me, CST KM and alphabet soup.

Sales before results.

If by “corporate office” you mean the headquarters of KMW (which itself is a training center) than yes. I believe every organization (company, etc.) needs to have a place to call home base.

rickprado

Anyone want to hire a bodyguard?

http://www.ultimatebodyguard.com

bill-km-vb

Hey People. I understand your concerns…”McDojo” sends one or two instructors to KMW Level 1, places the licensee sticker on the window, and offers Krav Maga. The instructors never continue their education or level advancement. I got sucked into the ATA contract void back in 2000. After two months worth of training I relaized the instructor had no more KM knowledge to offer. I just returned to Va Beach after 5 yrs contracting in Iraq and am now going to start offering KM classes at a local Karate school. As a former local PD member, I attended the majority of the KMW Force Training Division’s LE Instructor Courses in 2004. While in Iraq, I went to Israel several times to complete my civilian instructor certification and am now a fully certified Krav Maga Global Instructor under Eyal. We have a few intro classes scheduled for February with regular classes starting in March. Check us out. http://www.kravmaga-vb.com

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: