Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Fight Quest Krav Maga – My Observations

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    vinman

Re: Fight Quest Krav Maga – My Observations

quote Satilan:

1. Like stated before, Itai (the instructor that teaches them gun disarms) is not Krav Maga – he is Commando KM which is a spin off of KM.

you mean Monik…not Itay

quote Vinman:

you mean Monik…not Itay

Moni Azik correct?

rdrye

I thought the final fight with Jimmy was handled poorly. While I understand that this was a survival and agression test, it was clear that only the Israelis were allowed to administer full agression. If you notice, Jimmy is only allowed to punch his attackers in the chest, not the face. I’m thinking the attackers would have been much less effective against Jimmy’s legs if they believed he was going to coldcock them in the face.

psyops

I don’t care who you are or what you know. If you go to the ground in the street with 5 guys kicking you “YOU ARE DEAD, DOUG”. Come on man? Who in the hell are you trying to kid? Taking people to the ground in the street is stupid! Especially during multiple attacker scenarios.

I don’t care how good you “ground and pound is” (psyops vomits into his trash can right after saying that stupid ass phrase) if five guys are on top of you while you are working for a hold, break etc… you are going to get your asss kicked. Stay off the ground folks. It is not the same thing as ring fighting.

skibum

Has anyone seen last Friday’s epizode about an American/Hawaiian reality fighting system? What was that? Some kind of ***-jitsu? No disrespect, just curious. The two guys did much better there (except against that huge black dude) than in all other epizodes where they usually had their rear ends served to them on a platter.

unstpabl1

quote skibum:

Has anyone seen last Friday’s epizode about an American/Hawaiian reality fighting system? What was that? Some kind of ***-jitsu? No disrespect, just curious. The two guys did much better there (except against that huge black dude) than in all other epizodes where they usually had their rear ends served to them on a platter.

CJ’s Dad liniage before Krav is from Kajukenbo. As is benny The Jet’s and Chuck Lidell. It was one of the first modern mixed martial arts. The training before all the litigation used to be brutal. Contact sparring no pads. Lots of cardio and blood on the mat

The reason the probably fared better is because it in a ruled sparring situation would resemble what the host background is..MMA….however its really a street system which a lot of breaks, rakes, rips and such. Kenpo is related to it, but where Parker brought kenpo as a business these guys usually trained the old ways

Hawaii was a rough place. All modern martial arts come from the barrios.

skibum

Thanks, unsoppabl1. I googled Kajukenbo and have a good idea what it is. It seems to be very similar to Krav, just slightly different counters, but the principle of simultaneous defence-attack is the same. Looks very practical, realistic, if a bit formal with the bows and sifu’s and such.

unstpabl1

quote skibum:

Thanks, unsoppabl1. I googled Kajukenbo and have a good idea what it is. It seems to be very similar to Krav, just slightly different counters, but the principle of simultaneous defence-attack is the same. Looks very practical, realistic, if a bit formal with the bows and sifu’s and such.

I think Garddawgs base is close to it as well. Early Parker stuff was. Kenpo/Kajukenbo/lua are all really fundamentally sound street systems. In a way krav maybe kenpo lite. As in a stripped down version of. Not alot of breaks in krav. The real problem is in how things are trained not what is taught.

giant-killer

I’ve taped the episode but haven’t seen it yet. Maybe today. Sounds interesting.

psyops

I saw it .

It made me home sick. (Psyops gets misty eyed as Journey sings in the background “I want to get back to my city by the bay…….”). Actually I thought it was very good. Kajukenbo is a street style. Yes it is true Hawaii has some very tough areas. I was in Honolulu and I saw some “barrio action”. It was tough and gritty. Having grown up in the hood I appreciated the culture while I was there.

Anyways. Kajukenbo at least acknowledges the difference between street and ring. Unlike most systems. The scenario training was also nice to see. Multiple attackers and weapons were also shown. This was fantastic! The three episodes that stand out to me the most were the Escrima, obviously the Krav Maga and finally the Kajukenbo. The common refrain here is the aggresion and the street aplicability of the system. Also these systems were created by the need that exsisted at the time of their conception. I love that!

greenbeanie

quote Psyops:

Stay off the ground folks. It is not the same thing as ring fighting.

As was evidenced by Doug trying to apply a toe-hold whilst being kicked to death.

giant-killer

C’mon Psyops, you’re in Vegas, how bad can it be? :):

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: